New

Hidden Behind The Mask

 

The Old Self Of Kang Chae Min

cr ; tumblr.

 

"OH MY GOD!!!! The Ace, they're here!!!" the peaceful corridor turned quite noisy, girls screaming. Boys swooning. The haters ignoring. The fans grinning. The Ace stride in with style, you know with this kind of i'm-so-fancy-you-already-know vibe. The Ace, one of the A-list clique in Jeguk High alongside their seniors. Yes, they are the juniors but swag enough? They are 16-turning 17 this year. Last year, this clique had formed. Not like it's official or what, but the students there, formed The Ace indirectly.

 

Sometimes, in high school, either you want it or not, being in group is the safest way to have a cherishable high school life. Remember the saying, enjoy when you're still young cause when yo're old enough, you have many commitment and yada yada yada? Well the thing is, this gang group quite applied in Jeguk High like  a wild fire. Because of what? Let me tell you something.

 

Jeguk High is a rising highschool in Korea now. We have good academic achievements, our sports are unbeatable and etcetra. But what special about it is, Jeguk High is  a boarding school for both gender. When you're talking about living in  a boarding, you have, no, you must have a group. You really have to. I give you some cases, in the dining hall as an example, a group has a table. Not officially but because they sit there, people know it's who and whose. If you don't have a table, no food for you. As simple as that.

 

Without a strong group, you're the bullies target. I would love to stay away from all those chaos, wouldn't everyone?

 

The Ace was formed before I transferred to that school which means before the mid year of last year. Around June or July, I think. Let just say, I'm the newest member of The Ace. To fit in, it is hard... For certain, not me. I know this sounds pathetic but the first time when I moved, I was one of the invicible kid, No one knew who Kang Chae Min is. Everyone has their own group of friends so why bother of the new ones, right? Right. So I observed students there first. Their personality, their likes, and most important , those they socialised with. 

 

Literally, there will be those who'll catch your eyes and you know right away that they are the popular juniors. Even the 10th and 11th grade students acknowledge them five. Soo Bin and Nana, the girls who act like the world are theirs, couldn't care less about others. Sehun, Luhan, Chanyeol, the trio who are like magnets. Everywhere chanyeol is, luhan and sehun are there and same goes to the other two. They get the looks. The type of guys that in girls' dream to be paired with. Yeah, those kind of type. 

 

Luckily for me, the school held a test around August. Of course, I study for it....in my own way. I study hard for it. So the examination week, everyone's studying. Students carrying books are everywhere. Not to mention there are some who even read when walking. Passionate much, huh? I answered the exam calmly. Some were quite easy yet there were those brain-squeezing questions. 2 weeks later, the results were announced and I was not bothering to check it. With that pile of crowd cramming in front of the notice board. Just no. I sunk in my seat, waiting for people to be more less. When it's around lunch, I skipped it and went to the notice board. 

 

I stared the results, mouth wide-agape. This can't be happening!! I thought. The firt place for the 9th grade. It's me , it's me! I screamed slightly in joy. I couldn't believe it! My hardwork paid off and I smiled like a maniac. I went back to the class joyously. 

 

"Hey... you're Kang Chae Min, right? The new student?" A figure greeted me the moment I got back to class. Then, I felt those intense eyes watching me. I raised up my head just to find Soo Bin in front while the others Ace at the back, watching me. That time, I felt like wanting to just ignore them and went to my seat. But that's what the old Chae Min would do. I thought for a second and grinned to Soo Bin, indicating that I am a friendly person, well,the fact that I'm not but maybe this is my chance to get close to them. "My name is Lee Soo Bin and here is my friends" She pointed to one after one of them and introduced them to me. 

 

"Ahhh....so, it's like an honour to be greeted by you guys for a sudden" They laughed. I grinned again. What's funny? But yeah, just got along with the flow. "So you  get the first place. But your face is not the type to study" she asked.

 

"A gift?" I answered. 

 

"Too good to be a gift" I heard someone mumbled. A male voice. "Huh?"

 

"Chae Min ah, you're so amazing you know. Beating that nerd girl is a first time, you know?" I know who they meant by the nerd girl. It's Min Jung, my classmate. She was hated by Nana making she's the bullies target. Reality is cruelsome sometimes.

 

"I know. I'm amazingly amazing" I said jokingly and walked to my seat to take my stuffs. "Oh.My.God! Is that Givenchy latest edition?!" Luhan hollered the moment he sees my wristwatch. "Erm..yeah?" He came to me and showed me his watch. Ah..same as mine but different colours. His is black while mne is white. I hate it when people have the same thing as mine but I just shrugged at the thought. "KangChae Min, you've got a good sense of fashion. Good" Luhan showed his thumbs up. I smiled back.

 

"So...where's your dorm?" Nana asked. Then, I just  realised that I was walking together with the Ace Wow. Just wow. "109, with Jungah" I said. "Who's Jungah" Soo Bin asked. "Your classmate" "Ahhh...Really? Never know" She turned to Chanyeol and continued talking. 

 

"Me and Soo Bin are 116. Just a few dorm from yours. Come when you're free" Nana directly invited me to hang out with them. At their dorms. And from that day on, I am officially a part of them, The Ace. Kang Chae Min isn't a rare name there anymore. I know I've cahnged. I realised that. Students know me as the happy-go-lucky smart Chae.

 

I create a new me.

 

A new Chae Min.

 

The bubbly Chae.

 

_________________________

 

"Yo, whatsup Chae?!" Chanyeol who happens to be my classmate in 10th grade. Yeah, Sweet Seventeen they said. "Hey, morning" I grinned. He covers his eyes while jokingly screaming. "Oh my god, it's too bright Chae, your teeth, aargghhh" "Chanyeol, you're soooo childish" I laugh. He laugh too. He takes the seat next to me. "Shooh shooh, get back to your seat. this empty seat should stay empty" 

 

"Oh my princess, but I'm here to fill the emptiness in you" This is our favourite game. The short drama. It's a spontaneous game. It's arandom sentence and then we will act. It's fun. "I'm sorry but this emptiness is for the one" "Are you saying...." His voice hoarse. "I am not the one?"

 

"Chanyeol ah, mianhae but -" I saw Sehun coming in to the class. Heh, he'll be my new target. I ran up to him and grabbed his wrist, dragging him in front of Chanyeol.

 

"This is him, Chanyeol. I...I'm sorry" Sehun looking annoyed as ever but we continued to play.

 

"Him?! Out of all people. Why?.....Why?!" Chanyeol kicked the table and pushed some things, my things, onto the floor. And that requires some death glares from students. Ahaaaa, they glared at chhanyeol. That's funny.

 

"What?!" He glared back at the students and they shut up right away. "Chae Min, can you please?" Sehun showed to his arms that were held by me since forever. "Mianhae~~~" I said and he looked at me with those unreadable eyes of him.

 

"Can you stop it?"

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"Being oth-" Sehun quickly takes his seat and Chanyeol tok returns to his place. Since the first time, I hang out with them, Sehun had shown me his dislike and hate  Pretty obvious but I ignore it. Sure it hurts, but the new Chae wouldn't care over stupid nonsense. The old me would. Chanyeol and Luhan are pretty okay with my skinship. Not like I have feelings for them or whatever it is, but it's a habit. When I'm with Rye Eun and others too I wouldn't mind being skinship at all. It's a common thing for me. Some misunderstood though. Go tohell with people's thinking. One thing good I learn when friends with them is protect my own self. How to stand up for your own self and bla bla bla. It works. No one dare to touch me or to hurt me. Because I'm protected from it. The Ace protects me. They hid me away from pain. I would like to thank them one day for being a good protector.

 

Since that accident, I've never believe in the words friends and friendship. They are bull. Useless, meaningless. So hate me all you want. I'm pretty much used being hurt that I am so immune to it. Well new life, you're better than the past.Keep up!!

 

"Okay class, today we gonna have a new student. Coming from America. Be nice, okay? Hey, new student, come in" Mr Kim announces to the class. Wow, new student? America? I wonder if he'll get to be one of us. Seeing from Chanyeol and Sehun, I know they are anticipating it as well. It's rare to get a student from there. Too rare.

 

The new student which is  boy walks in. Kinda short but...... WAIT!!! The eyes. The smile. The voice. Why are this happening to me? It shouldn't be him. No, Chae Min, it's not. 

 

But you do know it's him.

 

STOP!!! I screamead mentally.. my face becoming pale. Colours drained out. My smile died. He looked at me right into my eyes reading me. My body shake from anxiety.

 

"Well, introduce yourself, boy"

 

This isn't happening. It is Chae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"My name's Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo. Can call me D.O" he bowed.

 


 

Ohohohohoohohohoho DRAMA STARTING? Sadly, no. This is just the beginning of everything.//joker laugh\\

Anyone who loves Iggy?

FANCY #np