In which Kibum figures things out

When it's love

 

“Kibum! Get your over here! Right now!” Jonghyun hissed into the receiver of his phone as soon as he heard the click of him picking up.

“Well, that’s the worst wake-up call I’ve ever gotten,” Kibum drawled groggily. “I don’t remember giving you permission to call me in the middle of the night, Kim Jonghyun.”

“Quit the and move!” he growled and hung up before Kibum could answer. He began pacing back and forth anxiously, counting the seconds until his best friend and neighbour arrived.

After exactly eight minutes and forty-two seconds the front door opened downstairs as Kibum let himself in with the help of the spare emergency-key under the potted plant beside the door and footsteps were soon sounding in the stairs.

“Dude, what’s with the rude attitude at this time of night?” Kibum muttered when he opened the door to Jonghyun's room. He stopped short at the sight of his agitated pacing, a worried frown forming on his forehead. “What happened?”

Jonghyun turned to him, wringing his hands, and sat down on the bed with a small groan.

“Jonghyun, you’re starting to scare me,” Kibum said, glancing around the room.

“A man came here about half an hour ago,” he began explaining.

Kibum blinked at him.

“O… kay…?”

“He was so he wanted to borrow some clothes and then he touched me and I saw this entire different world an–”

“Wait, wait, wait.” Kibum held up one of his hands, rubbing his forehead with the other. “If this is about how you discover you’re gay I don’t want to hear it. I never told you how I realised and I would appreciate it if you didn’t either.”

“What?! No! I’m not gay!” Jonghyun said mortified.

Not that he had anything against gays. Kibum, his best friend, was gay after all.

“I mean, he like grabbed my arm and I had some sort of vision or something.”

Kibum stared at him, eyes disbelieving, and he groaned again.

“He gave me this.”

He held out his arm so the small mark on the inside of his wrist became visible. Kibum slowly came closer and grabbed his hand, pulling it up to his face so he could inspect the tattoo-like mark.

“Huh…” he muttered after a few seconds of silence in which Jonghyun had watched him nervously. Kibum always had an answer to everything. He trusted his friend to solve this weird situation he somehow had ended up in. “That’s strange…”

“What is?” Jonghyun asked, his voice barely audible.

Kibum glanced up at him, eyes narrowed.

“Well, you know how I’ve always liked mythology? Greek, especially?”

Jonghyun nodded and Kibum looked back down at the mark.

“This is something I’ve seen in all those books I've read, but… how…?” His voice died out as he fell into his own thoughts. He scrutinised the mark for a few more seconds before murmuring: “Poseidon.”

“I bear the name Jinki, as of now,” came a voice from the doorway and they both jumped.

Jonghyun blushed again and Kibum's eyes grew as wide as saucepans as their gazes fell upon a – once again – man with water dripping from his hair and down his body.

“And you would be…?” Jinki asked, looking at Kibum curiously.

“Um,” he cleared his throat, “Kim Kibum.”

“An acquaintance of Jonghyun's I presume,” he concluded and Kibum nodded, his expression incredulous.

“Hey, how’d you know my name?!” Jonghyun asked. He couldn't remember telling him. It wasn't as if he would give his name to strangers who broke into his house.

“I assumed that is what they call you as it is written on those papers.” Jinki pointed to the homework-sheets filled with guitar notes lying on top of his stereo.

Jonghyun opened and closed his mouth a few times, at a loss for words, and Jinki smiled at him warmly before his expression turned apologetic.

“Also, I must apologise, I seem to have misplaced the clothing you so kindly lent me.”

“Oh…” Jonghyun said unintelligently, trying not to look lower than Jinki’s collarbones, and nudged Kibum, who was openly checking Jinki out, in the ribs. He glanced around and spotted the clothes hanging over the chair by his desk. He pointed. “They’re over there.”

Jinki made an ‘Ah!’ motion with his finger and strode over to put them on. Kibum turned to Jonghyun when his back was turned and mouthed with wide eyes ‘That’s a god?!’. Jonghyun grimaced at him.

“Excuse me,” Jonghyun said as Jinki picked up the shirt and held it at arm’s length, examining the print on it with great interest.

He looked over at him expectantly.

“Yes?”

“Shouldn’t you dry yourself?”

Jinki looked down at himself as if he had forgotten he was wet.

“Yes. I have not brought the yellow cloth… is it of importance?” he asked.

Jonghyun and Kibum exchanged a confused look. Jinki frowned and tilted his head, tapping his chin.

“I suppose I can dry myself as I normally do, since you both now know my identity,” he answered himself before any of them could and his face set in concentration.

Jonghyun was about to ask what he meant when the water droplets began evaporate into thin air. His and Kibum's jaws dropped.

“And I must say, the inventions you humans have created are astounding!” Jinki continued excitedly, as if something abnormal hadn’t just happened. “How does the fountain in the wall work? I tried to understand however I cannot put my mind around it! Is the lever controlling the water a magical device?”

Kibum snorted in amusement and Jinki blinked at him.

“It’s mechanic,” he explained.

Jinki continued to look at him ponderingly for a while, then nodded slowly.

“I see.”

Jonghyun wasn’t so sure he did, but ignored it.

“Can you get dressed now?” he asked instead and Jinki looked at him with a small, amused smile.

“Does my appearance bother you?”

Kibum laughed.

“I’m fine!” he said.

Jonghyun kicked him in the shin and he threw him a murderous glare. Jinki laughed as well and finally – thankfully – put the clothes on.

“So…” Kibum said casually once Jinki was fully dressed. “What brings you here?”

Jinki’s face scrunched up and he shook his head.

“I cannot tell you.”

Jonghyun and Kibum exchanged glances again, Kibum raising his eyebrows sceptically.

“From what I know, you’re either here to find something, like accomplishing some kind of achievement, or get a lover and since you already marked Jonghyun and he doesn’t seem to be the reason for your visit,” Kibum waved his hand lazily in Jonghyun's direction, “I would say it’s the first option.”

Jinki looked at him, impressed, while Jonghyun blushed again.

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” he growled at Kibum who smirked back at him.

“It means that when a god comes to the human world for a lover they mark them in order to borrow energy and stay longer instead of just appearing as a vision,” he explained and Jinki looked even more impressed.

“You are correct,” he said. “However, how can you be certain of the fact Jonghyun is not my lover?”

Jonghyun's shocked ‘What?!’ was drowned out by Kibum's obnoxious sniggering.

“I know that idiot like the back of my hand,” he said, clearly amused. “Besides, I would have known if he had a boyfriend. He can’t lie.”

Jinki laughed, looking perfectly amused. Jonghyun was starting to regret ever calling his friend for help.

“That is all very well, however I still cannot give you any information.” He bowed in Jonghyun's direction. “I think it would be for the better if I depart now. I will forever be grateful for your generous hospitality.” He walked over to the door without waiting for them to say anything. “I bid you farewell.”

“Bye!” Kibum said enthusiastically and waved.

Jinki smiled at him and then he was gone.

“Yah!” Jonghyun hissed once they heard the front door open and close. “Don’t get chummy with him!”

Kibum shot him an incredulous look.

“Dude, that’s a god. I’d be crazy if I didn’t get on his good side.”

“Yeah, right,” Jonghyun scoffed. “Do you really think he’s a god? This entire thing seems suspicious.”

His best friend sighed as if he was dealing with an annoying child.

“Then would you be so kind, Mr know-it-all, and explain the events that have taken place?”

Jonghyun opened his mouth to make a snarky comeback, but stopped. If he was to be honest, it wasn’t completely unbelievable that Jinki indeed was a god, especially after everything that had happened that night. He closed his mouth again with a scowl and Kibum sniggered.

“Thought so,” he said and yelped in pain as Jonghyun gave him another kick in the shin.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm tireeeeed =_= 

Not proofread, but I hope you liked it anyway

Love <3

Good night