The First Encounter

When it's love

The sun burned down on the bodies moving about the dirt roads, dust rose around feet and hooves, vendors called out to potential buyers and people talked over each other. Body odour and horse sweat mixed together, lying in the stagnant air like a blanket.

Had he been a normal mortal, these things would probably have bothered him. But as it were, he was a god. He did not sweat underneath the sun and he did not need to breathe, thus avoiding filling his lungs with the stale, unpleasant air.

Though he was overwhelmed.

He had never been among so many beings in one place and, frankly, he was beginning to feel dizzy. There was movement everywhere, an abundance of colour flashed by his eyes, and the sounds beat on his ears relentlessly. This certainly was not the tranquil gardens and temple of Olympus.

A hand landed on his shoulder and he turned to find his older brother smiling at him.

“Welcome to the human realm,” he said. “You seem disoriented.”

“It is because I am, brother.”

His brother snorted.

“You will accustom yourself to it fairly soon,” he said and turned to lead the way. “Now, the fist place I wish to…”

He tuned out his brother, too preoccupied with everything around him to focus. It was only on instinct he followed him down the road.

They walked for a few minutes, his brother still talking without even realising he was not listening, when something shifted. Everything hushed down and the humans around him began disappearing one after the other, though he was fairly certain it was only in his mind, until there was only one left.

A young woman, no older than seventeen, rushed down the street with a vessel half her size in her arms. Her thick, dark hair moved around her face uncontrollably, her cheeks rosy with the effort of running and carrying the vessel, and her eyes shone with excitement like the brightest stars. Though what stood out the most was her soul. It was so pure, filled with only joy and life and hope and it was breath taking.

He had never laid eyes upon such a being.

Before he knew it, he had lost his brother in the crowd and set course for this wonderful being. He followed her, through smaller streets with barely any humans, around the poor parts of the city, past big houses and temples, and to a small house at the edge of the city.

He watched her hurry through the door. Then he approached the window beside it, looking in on what had made her so excited.

A woman laid on the floor on some cloth, face red and contorted in clear agony, hair clinging to her sweaty face. Another woman kneeled beside her, holding her hand and murmuring comforting words. The young woman he had followed burst into the room and the kneeling woman rose to her feet, taking the vessel of water from her hands and ordering her to fetch some more linens.

Everything happened in a flurry then and soon the cry of a newborn pierced the air. The woman on the floor was exhausted, but smiling, and the other woman praised her for her bravery.

The young woman grinned from ear to ear and he found himself smiling as well. He could not keep his eyes off her; her soul so mesmerizing it took his breath away, though he had none. How he wished he could reach out and touch her, bask in the light of her soul

As if she sensed his eyes on her, she raised her gaze and met his stare. He feared he would frighten her, however her grin shrank not due to fear, only due to something he was certain both of them felt.

The essence of their beings reached towards each other, so desperately he felt a pull inside him. The young woman’s eyes widened and she took a step forward, as if she could not resist the pull, and before either of them knew it, their souls connected and intertwined in such a complicated pattern he was sure no one would ever be able to untangle them.

Instantly he knew. Never would he want such a thing for the rest of his existence.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This is just a little draft I had lying around and I thought I might as well share it with you. I didn't give them any names, because they are kind of the "anscestors" of Jinki and Jonghyun, so they wouldn't have the same names anyway. I hope it wasn't confusing!

That's all :)

Bye~! <3