Arc 1 - Scene 2

RED LIGHT: ACT ONE - Rebellion

Joonmyun listened to the doctor tell his mother about his condition with tired eyes, and glanced over at his relieved parent.

"So he should be able to leave in a couple of days. We only have a few questions to ask your son if it's alright." The doctor said to her.

"Why? What's wrong?" Joonmyun's mother asked in worry. Everything appeared quite blurry in the room, and he began to feel queasy.

"Well, when we arrived at the scene, the asteroid was not only gone, but your son and the other boys appeared unconcious, with small injuries. Your son was only scratched, and he seemed to have fallen." While the doctor explained, Joonmyun felt vivid memories of pain, running, screams, and darkness. Suddenly, he felt his stomach churn.

"Joonmyun, are you alright?" His mom asked, turning in his direction. He shook his head wildly, and the doctor grabbed the nearby trashcan and put it next to the soft hospital bed. The young boy felt himself choke before he leaned over and felt liquid leave his body. The doctor seemed to stare in confusion and shock.

"Is something wrong, doctor?" Joonmyun's mother asked. The doctor seemed to nod his head.

"Your son...something's wrong. He's throwing up, but it's only coming out as water. That's not right...it's like he drowned and all the water is leaving his body now. If fluids left his stomach, it would appear as vomit, but it seems like it's leaving through his lungs," He said in wonder, "Joonmyun, is there an aftertaste?" 

The boy coughed and hacked until he was fine again, "I feel like I drowned..I-I drowned...." His mom stared at him with wide eyes. Suddenly, screams sounded in the halls of the hospital. Yells of patients on fire to ones covered in ice, chaos began to reign across the hospital.

"Something's happening." The doctor said in complete shock. Joonmyun felt himself choke and began to regurgitate water again as his mother began to cry out.

"Something horrible."

A loud bump caused Joonmyun to wake from his slumber. His body was coated with sweat and he gasped for air. He groggily wiped at his eyelids and stared up to see the top of a bunk bed.

Wait...a bunk bed? 

He sat up suddenly with a gasp. He looked at the surrounding area which consisted of a lone dresser, the same walls used in the labortory, and similar sliding doors. The walls and doors were made of the same material to prevent them from using their powers in their rooms or breaking out certain rooms had the same material on the floors as well, depending on the habitant. He slowly got out of bed to see who his 'roomate' was.

He looked past the bunk bed to see Yifan leaning against the wall and staring into space blankly. The young man appearing to be wide awake, and as if he had been there for a long time. His sharp eyes suddenly locked onto Joonmyun's with a blankly intense look.

"Yifan," Joonmyun asked suddenly. The man's reply was a curt nod, "Where are we?"

"I don't know, but it's underground," He said thoughtfully,"We all passed out in the truck, some sort of gas. I'm not sure what time it is either, but I've been awake for about an hour and a half. I haven't seen or heard anybody yet."

Joonmyun only replied with silence, the familiar sound draping over the room like a curtain. The walls seemed much grimier then they did before, and Joonymun felt the sudden urge to seeif he could find some way out.

Suddenly, the door slid opene to reveal a young man with vermillion hair, whom greeted them with an awkward smile. Joonmyun and Yifan stood up straight quickly and studied him for any weapons. An ebony holster held his gun, and his camouflage bottoms held dozens of pockets full of lumps that couldn't be defined. Joonmyun wondered if he could use his powers in here.
 
"The hallways and certain rooms, including yours, are power-proof, so I wouldn't try anything," He said, answering his question, "So I'll take you to the Director, I won't have to use my taser, and all your questions can be answered, 'kay?" Joonmyun and Yifan made eye contact to converse, something they had taught themselves over the years they had been held in the lab.
 
'Should we attack?' Joonmyun said with his eyes, the brown iris' staring straight at Yifan's.
 
'It's too risky right now. We don't have information, attacking would be a waste.' Yifan narrowed his eyes in a stubborn manner. They nodded to each other and turned back to the man, whom was fiddling with some sort of metal contraption, and a mini screwdriver.
 
"...Let's go." Joonmyun said to him. The man simply smirked in reply a bit before he stuffed the device in one of his many pockets.
 
"Well then, I'll lead the way."
-
The hallway was different than the halls in the lab. There seemed to be no cameras, and doors lined the rooms. A stairwell laid at the end of the hall, and a large elevator was next to it. 
 
The man they followed walked ahead of them, differently than the lab, where the soldiers walked behind them. Walking ahead meant that he wasn't afraid or not worried of the two boys attacking him, left the two men unsettled and confused.
 
"What is this place?" Joonmyun's question broke the silence. The man didn't reply for a few seconds.
 
"It's our home base. Well, yours now too." He replied, stopping in front of the elevator and pressing the down button. It opened and they stepped in. It was a large elevator, enough to fit 30 people or more. It didn't have a warm feel to it however, as it was walled with silver metals.
 
"What do you mean?" Yifan questioned, "Who are you?" 
 
"The director will tell you everything you need to know, alright? Just be patient I guess." Was his annoyed reply. The two kept quiet as the elevator went down a floor.
 
The doors opened smoothly, revealing a dimmed room. The concrete-metal walls blocked out the light, leaving the only source bright beams, one in the back left flickering like a dying firefly. The setup was some sort of board room, a large table to fit 20 people or more reaching from the beginning of the room to the end. At the very head of the table sat a young woman. Her soft dark hair fell softly over her shoulders and she stared at them expectingly. Unlike the man, she wore a general's outfit, the same red as the man's. A general's hat sat upon her head and she looked up from her paperwork to greet the two. 
 
"Well, don't just stand there," said the guy from next to them nudging a surprised Yifan, "Say hello or something!"  
 
"Relax, Amber," she said, to him(?), "I'm pretty sure they have some questions first." In response, the now named Amber, nodded in response and motioned for the two to go towards the woman that seemed to be in charge. The slowly walked up to her, and she gave them a small smile, which appeared to be all she could do without appearing forced.
 
"Sorry about Amber, she's a little protective." Joonmyun, now looking back at Amber, could see how she was in fact a woman, "Yifan, Joonmyun, I'm sure you have alot of questions that you probably want answered." She said nonchalantly, going back to her papers, "So I suggest you hurry since there's not much time until the others come." It was silent, and Joonmyun could see Yifan study her with a hard gaze that didn't seem to faze her.
 
"How do you know our names?" Joonmyun asked her suspiciously, as he tried to discover as much about this woman as possible. 
 
"Well, I have to know the names of anybody that is part of my army." she responded. Joonmyun stared in bewilderment and turned to Yifan, who looked irked.
 
"What do you mean?" Yifan asked, "What do you mean, part of your army?"  She seemed to gasp a bit and cover in embarassment as she realized her previous statement.
 
"Oops, spoke to early! You'll actually have to wait for the others for me to explain that." She giggled awkardly, but was interuppted by the dinging of the elevator. The room's awkward silence was soon drowned in yelling as the doors opened. The elevator opened to reveal three women followed by whom Joonmyun recognized as his friends. Looking back at the three women, he recognized two of them as the ones that hijacked the car. 
 
"Joonmyun! Yifan!" called a tall boy, whom he recognized as Chanyeol, rushing up to him, "We were wondering where you were! Do you guys know what's going on?" 
 
"This woman wants us to join her army," Yifan said spitefully, "Like we're some sort of slaves. Last I checked, this wasn't the laboratory." By now the room was silent, everybody had their eyes trained on Yifan. The women all seemed amused at what Yifan had discovered.
 
"Well I did rescue you for a reason," she said from her seat at the head of the table. The boys seemed to be....shocked at her saying, "What, you guys didn't find out? "
 
"Find out what?" questioned one of the boys, revealed to be Jongdae. a boy with spiked hair, high cheekbones, and a very unamused face.
 
"Well," she started, "The man that started the project had only 10 years to finish making you obidient and turning you into enslaved soilders. However, he had went over that limit for too long. So the day we rescued you, the U.N.A would've barged in there, and taken you away to either be killed or be treated even worse. So I'd be thankful." 
 
"How...how long were we in that lab?" stated one of the boys softly. Joonmyun was too far to tell who it was, but his best guess was Kyungsoo. She seemed to look off for a bit, before she looked them straight in the eye.
 
"13 years." 
 
It had been 13 years since Joonmyun had left the area he had unfortunately learned to call home. He had been trapped in there for 13 years of his life. Years he could've lived a life, went to high school, gone to college. All gone because of him. It seemed the woman's words had really gotten to the rest of them, as the room was filled with silence.
 
"Come, sit." The woman said softly. Hesitantly, Joonmyun took a seat next to her. Yifan sat across from him, and next to him sat the tall tanned boy known as Zitao. Her eyes seemed to study Zitao's features gently, before her gaze drifted back to Joonmyun. Soon, everybody was seated, and Amber and the three women stood behind the leader tall.
 
"So, I'd like to let you know something. But you guys are going to have to be able to take it all in, and try not to cause a fight." She told them. They all nodded in response.
 
"Good...The world...it's changed. After you guys were captured, the warfare heigtened, until it was taken over by the U.N, or United Nations. Not only did they take over Korea, they took over the world. They killed the old, the sick, and the disabled, and took all children to a new school, where they were taught to become soilders. We...and others rebelled against them and created the biggest rebellion. I run it now. I know this is alot to take in, but rescuing you guys is one of the biggest goals The Rebellion has ever had. In exchange for shelter, food, and protection, we will train you to fight against the U.N. and control your powers."
 
"And what if we don't agree?" said one of the boys in the back, Luhan. She smirked in response, a smirk taht only one with enough confidence would be able to use.
 
"Well we set you guys free in Seoul and wait until the U.N. get you. I mean after you went missing from the lab I'm pretty sure that they'd be looking everywhere for you. Good luck." She said with a giggle, "So, do you agree to my terms?"
 
"And if you break those terms?" Yifan said with suspicion laced in his voice.
 
"Well I guess we'll wait and see," she said condescendingly, "Because, Yifan, I think you might have to not only agree, but trust me."
 
"That's the problem," he muttered, "Who are you to even be trusted anyways?!"
 
"Well," she thought, "This is Amber," she pointed to the said. Amber was tampering with the same small device from before, and lookedup to stare at them, "She's our tech analysist and hacker. She got all of the information on you guys and hacked into the security system so that we could get in without them noticing. Remeber her now, some of you will be working with her." and then she added, "I mean, if you guys agree. But you will."
 
Before anybody could say anything, she moved on, "This is Luna. She'll help train you when you fight, and if some of you go out onto field. She 'took care' of alot of the soilders and hijacked the truck you guys were in. In fact if she didn't notice the truck was driving off, you would be dead." They all stared at the blue haired short girl in surprise. She seemed alot more gentle and feminine then what she had done during the 'rescue' mission.
 
"This," continued the leader, "is Sulli. She is one of the best actresses and seductresses out there. Some of you will do this with her, so be prepared. She actually not only found out the location of the lab, she found out the location of each room without doing much work. She works in the field too, took out a couple of soilders too." It was easy to tell the next one was a femme fatale. She was tall and slim with long brown hair, and could be mistaken for a model.
 
"And this is Krystal. She is a sniper,assassin, and does alot of dirty work. She will help you guys with agility, and with weapons. She killed alot of the workers silently, and she would've killed the secretary silently too, but it was too late. She hijacked the truck with Luna as well. Anyways, that's her." Her blonde hair trailed past her shoulders and she looked at them all coldly.
 
"Lastly," she finished, "I'm Victoria. I'm not only the leader of Periwinkle, but of the whole Rebellion. I make all the strategic moves, and I make the plans that my team uses later on. Your rescue was rushed, so I didn't get much time to plan, making this mission a little it more messy. But I'm the reason you're here. You're welcome. So, do you agree yet?"
 
Yifan and Joonmyun made eye contact before they nodded in unision. They turned back to Victoria, whom was eagerly awaiting their response. It was quiet for quite a while, before Joonmyun cleared his throat.
 
"We agree." A smile grew on Victoria's face, and she thanked them politely, and Joonmyun felt half of him regret it and the other half not regret it at all.
 
"Well, your training begins tomorrow at 6:00. See you then, boys." 

OHMYGOSH THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!

Finally, this chapter is done! I'm posting this @ 2:57 AM where I live, so I'm so relieved to have this done. I hope to have the next chapter up quicker, and I'm sorry if this comes out messy or sloppy,I'm really tired and rushed the ending a bit.   

SOOOO!

Umm, I made an 8tracks for this Act, but i have 0 faith in it whatsoever, so any suggestions are welcome!

MY FORMAT OF THE STORY:

So there are 2 acts of the story

each act has 3 arcs

each arc is 10 chapters

so; act 1 - 30 chapters

act 2; - 30 chapters

60 CHAPTERS IN TOTAL O_O'

Welp...

See y'all!