Arc 1 - Scene 6

RED LIGHT: ACT ONE - Rebellion

We gotta get out of here!" The driver yelled frantically, "They're coming!" 

Joonmyun wimpered and tried to cover his ears, to block out all of the noise. All he could hear was screaming and sounds of bullets still ringing from his last encounter.
 
"Wait," The soldier in the passenger seat said, leaning towards the window, "What is that?"
 
"Holy sh-" The next thing the boy heard was the sound of bullets being shot, when everything went quiet. Rays of light flooded in, the back door of the truck revealing a group of soldiers from another country standing with guns in their arms. 
 
"It's one of them!" One of them yelled, pointing at him. His language was odd, but Joonmyun couldn't quite point it out. The only thing he knew was that in his gut, these weren't very good people, like the last soldiers that came for him. And the ones before. And before that, with the soldiers that....the ones that killed his parents.
 
As one of them stepped inside of the truck and hesitantly walked towards him with open arms, Joonmyun's eyes opened in determination. Not again. He wouldn't let this repeating cycle continue.
 
"Come here...we won't hurt you, I promi-" The man was cut off with a short answer.
 
"...N-no." His eyes began to turn an electric blue as he pointed at the man accusingly, speaking to him even though the latter had no idea what he was saying. "Don't touch me. You tell me it'll be okay but it's not! You're all liars." 
 
"Uh," one of the men outside said fearfully, "Something is going on out here. It's not good."
 
"What is it," the soldier asked, eyes locked with Joonmyun's bright ones, "It can't be as bad as the kid, His eyes...something's wrong."
 
"It's the lake nearby. The water is gone. All of it." The other replied. 
 
"All you ever do is lie! What do you want from me?! I hate all of you! I wish you would all go away!" Joonmyun screamed in fury and in pain, the frustration and tears that were bottled inside of him releasing as the water that once left the lake began to return quickly, moving towards the men at an alarming rate. 
 
"Just-just leave me alone!" And with that, Joonmyun's wish came true. The blue in his eyes were glowing brighter than ever as the water rushed though the highway, washing away his tears along with the men that caused them.
 

 

"Alright," Qian quieted them down as they situated themselves in Yiyun's tech room, which was a lot spacier than given credit for. Dongwoo and Yiyun sat in front of computers with headpieces on, while Qian and Sunggyu sat with the boys, wearing the same headpieces.

The projector on the screen nearby showed a set of security cameras in the gala, filled with people of all sorts. Sunyoung, Woohyun, and Sungjong were conversing with people and keeping eyes on L, Soojung, and Jinri, who were heading towards Jungsoo and Gayoung at their own paces. Hoya and Sungyeol were on a separate camera, acting as security in front of the main entrance. Kim Jungsoo and Lee Gayoung sat in a booth at the corner, with a bodyguard at each side.
 
"Alright, Sulli we're going to have you lure the bodyguard next to Jungsoo away from him, okay?" Spoke Qian.
 
"Alright," Jinri replied into the mic, voice filtering though the speaker. She closed her eyes, and let out a deep breath before muttering incoherent words under her breath.
 
"What is she doing?" Questioned Sehun towards Qian and Sunggyu. 
 
"It's a technique she uses." Jongin answered before Qian did. "She's been teaching us this. It helps to get into character and make you become and believe that you are the person you're trying to be."
 
After a few more rounds of repeating it, Jinri let out a breath before sauntering up to the large man in front of the two, eyes locked on his unsuspecting ones.
 
"Hello," she spoke, "You seem pretty tense there. Is something the matter?" 
 
As Jinri began to work her magic, Qian and Sunggyu switched their attention towards L and Soojung, whom were linking arms and standing by a bar regally.
 
"Alright L and Krystal, it's your turn." Sunggyu spoke into his mic, earning two grunts as a reply. As Jinri began to lure the guard away from the table which the representatives sat, the pair made their way to the area.
 
"Oh, are you Mr. Kim?" Soojung squealed, causing jaws to drop. Joonmyun had never seen her be so upbeat and happy, compared to her normal cold looks.
 
Jungsoo looked her up and down before nodding at her. Gayoung, however, glared at Soojung icily.
 
"Hello there." L cut in, "You can call me L. This is my wife, Krystal." 
 
Soojung waved suggestively to Jungsoo, before giving Gayoung a snotty once over.
 
"Great job Krys," Qian noted, as Gayoung clenched her fists in aggravation, "Keep making her mad."
 
"We're representatives of Jellyfish Corporation." At these words, Jungsoo perked up.
 
"Really? I'm meeting up with one of the representatives, Park Kwanghyun tonight." He chatted, although it seemed to be more towards Soojung, "You can come, if you'd like. It's about Project VIXX."
 
"Excuse me," Gayoung growled next to him before the two could get more information, "You mean both of them, right?"
 
"Of course!" Jungsoo waved his fiancé off, eyes never leaving Soojung's, "Is something the matter, Miss Krystal?" 
 
"This is your chance," Sunggyu cut in, "L, act oblivious. Soojung, try to lure him away somewhere so you can attach the mic on him."
 
"If you'd talk to me in private, Kwanghyun told me to send you a message." Soojung bat her eyelashes seductively, and Jungsoo agreed immediately.
 
"What's so important that you need to talk to him alone?" Gayoung glared at Soojung, who appeared unfazed. 
 
"It doesn't concern you, sweetie." She replied, leading Jungsoo away down a corridor. Gayoung shot up to follow after, but L stood in front of her.
 
"Hey, I'm sure it won't be long." He said, causing her to stop in her tracks. "She's only sending him a message."
 
"A message?!" She laughed, "Don't tell me you believe her. She's obviously taking him away to send him a message, all right."
 
"I mean," she continued as L secretly rolled his eyes, "He always does this. Tells me he's faithful, and then leaves off with other women. Do I not exist?!...."
 
As Gayoung blabbered on, Dongwoo grunted in annoyance. "I don't think she needs L to seduce her with all of the talking she's doing."
 
"Even better," Qian said, "L, act interested and keep pushing her to speak until Krystal and Jungsoo get back."
 
L nodded, before returning to his conversation with the woman and began to urge her to talk more.
 
"She didn't need somebody to seduce her." Joonmyun realized, "She needed somebody to vent to."
 
Meanwhile, on the other cameras, Soojung was walking back towards the rest of the party with Jungsoo following, both fixing their hair and clothing.
 
"Ew," all of the boys groaned.
 
"Oh shut up," Qian waved them off, "Stop acting like you haven't seen people kiss before. Besides, Krystal did what she needed to do. Attach the mic to him."
 
"Amber," Sunggyu called, "I'll need you to test out the mic."
 
"You got it," she replied, turning it on, to hear the rest of the people in the gala chatting as Jungsoo walked past them. "Yup, it works."
 
"Alright, great." Sunggyu sighed in relief. Everyone in the room began to cheer at the celebration of completing the mission, except for Sunggyu, Qian, Yiyun, and Dongwoo, the latter's eyes remaining glued to his computer screen.
 
"Uh, guys?" Said Dongwoo suddenly, "Sorry to burst your bubbles, but we've got a problem here."
 
"What is it?" The Inspirit unit's leader asked, as Dongwoo pointed at what a camera was catching. Hoya was being held by his collar by another security guard, whom Joonmyun recognized as Jungsoo's bodyguard. Jinri and Sungyeol were standing right next to him, still trying to stay in character.
 
"Sulli!" Qian called out into her headset, "What's going on?" 
 
"It was going well until he noticed that Hoya and Sungyeol aren't actually guards. He's going to take them to the manager of the security branch here." She spoke in a secretive manner that the guard didn't hear.
 
"Alright then, L and Krystal, you need to retreat now. Sulli, try to slow him down as much as you can." Jinri nodded, and Soojung and L made a noise that showed they heard. Qian changed her attention towards the others.
 
"Luna, Sungjong, Woohyun, the three of you need to all head to the security department upstairs, just like you read in the blueprint. Do what you can to remove the head of the security branch from their office and pretend to be them. Yiyun, I need you edit the camera footage that shows up on their camera system so that it seems like the three of them never went there." Qian ordered. The three agreed and began their journey, while Amber began to furiously type and edit the camera footage as Dongwoo covered her tracks so that they wouldn't be noticed.
 
All of the boys were watching their smooth adaption with wide eyes, realizing how dangerous these missions really were. Joonmyun expected them to be more like an action movie instead of real life or death situations.
 
"Well," Soojung began as she returned to the table in which Gayoung was ranting to L, "I think that we have to get going. It is getting late and we have quite the long day tomorrow."
 
L got up and agreed before Jungsoo stopped them, "Wait, what's the rush? C'mon, spend a little more time here with us!"
 
"Sorry," L denied, "But we really have to be home. A lot of important business to take care of-"
 
"It can't wait?" He frowned, "Just ten more minutes."
 
The two looked at each other and Soojung bit her lip before getting an idea, "But I'm sure your fiancé would want to spend more time with you."
 
"Yes, his fiancé." Gayoung pointed out to him, "Just let them go. She already sent you the message anyways." 
 
"What's your problem?" Jungsoo blurted, glaring at her.
 
"My problem?" Gayoung yelled "You're the one flirting with anything that breathes behind my back!"
 
"Oh, and you don't flirt with anybody else? How hypocritical are you?" He replied angrily. Soojung and L took this chance to quietly and quickly take their leave.
 
"Good," Sunggyu praised, "Now go get the van ready to pick up the others out of the back exit."
 
The duo began to rush out of the gala, passing by Jinri, Hoya, and Sungyeol. Jinri had tried to slow the guard down by telling him that it wasn't good to start a fight at a party like this while the other three had entered the security office. Whether or not they were making the process needed, was unknown.
 
"Please don't make a scene." She tried to stop him again as he made his way upstairs, pushing the two men in front of him.
 
"Will you stop defending them? They deserve to get consequences for their actions, Sulli."  He shouted, ignoring her pleas. He dragged them down the empty hallway until he reached the security room.
 
"But-" Jinri was cut off by the man opening the door to the security room, which had no cameras in them. Due to this, they could only hope everything went well.
 
They were left in a hanging silence, anticipating what would return through those doors. Joonmyun bit his lip anxiously when a minute passed, though it felt more like hours.
 
Suddenly, two figures walked back through the doors, and from what he could see, it was the security guard and Jinri.
 
"See, I told you they'd take care of it." He said, grasping her waist and bringing her to him. Jinri detached herself from him as five figures, four male and one female, ran past the duo and left the building through the fire escape. 
 
"Good job you five," Sunggyu spoke into his headpiece, "L and Krystal should be outside with the van, meet up with them and then pull up into the front of the building to meet Sulli."
 
"I'm sorry about everything, but I have to get going home. My father is probably looking for me, and he can get pretty overprotective." Jinri giggled cutely, and the security guard ate up her act. Joonmyun had to give it to her, she was great at what she did.
 
"Alright Sulli. How about I get your number?" He asked hopefully. Jinri pouted, though her eyes glinted in annoyance.
 
"I would, but I don't think my father would like to hear me on the phone all the time. Especially with a man." She pointed out, adding as much aegyo as possible. The man nodded, and she squealed.
 
"Thank you so much for the fun night! I'll see you next time then," she pecked him on the cheek before rushing off and out of the gala. 
 
"Thank god," Jinri muttered when she left the building, "He was really starting to annoy me."
 
"Great job Sul." Qian said, as the black van pulled out in front of the gala's entrance.
 
"Yeah yeah," Jinri waved off, sliding inside of the car grumpily. "I should get paid for what I'm doing."
 
The van pulled away from the scene and everyone inside of the base let out a breath they didn't know they were holding.
 
"...We did it." Joonmyun muttered in shock. "Our plan...it worked."
 
"We've only done the first part." Sunggyu told him, "The next part is the most important; listening in on the meeting that will occur in an hour."
 
"But you've done your part, that's all that matters." Qian smiled at him, and he was reminded of what Sunnggyu told him earlier.
 
"No wonder Victoria chose you. I opted for one of the others, but now I see why she fought so hard. " Joonmyun fidgeted before making up his mind and confronting the leader.
 
"Um, Qian, can I speak to you?" At his words, she nodded, but feeling everybody's curious stares on the duo, he added in, "Alone?"
 
She glanced at Sunggyu, whom waved her off, and she turned back to him with a small smile, "Sure."
 

 

When they arrived back to the building, Sulli let out a breath and cheered loudly as she ran out of the car and towards the enterance. "We did the mission and got home safely! Whoohoo!"

As everybody began to cheer along with her, Krystal smiled softly at the taller girl. Her health was definitely improving, she was happier. Sulli didn't seem as broken as she was before, when she was Jinri.

"Are you alright?" Krystal turned to see L giving her a look of concern, Luna and Sungjong giving the same expression in front of her. Embarassed, she went pink and nodded, and she continued to walk.

Krystal's part in the mission was done, as she, Sulli and Luna would send the boys off before resting, while Victoria and Amber would listen to SM and Jellyfish's meeting. Hopefully they would get good infornmation out of it, she didn't get herself felt up by a 30-something year-old man for nothing.

Krystal followed the others into the base, ready to head to Amber's base. But instead, the entered the first hallway to see Dongwoo, Amber, and all of the boys except for Joonmyun crowded by Victoria's office and pushing at eachother.

"Stop shoving!" Luhan cried out, getting shushed by the others. He glared before noticing the new entrants. "Hey guys!"

"What are you doing?" Luna asked bluntly. The others looked at eachother nervously. "Well?"

"So basically, Joonmyun asked Victoria to, and I quote, 'talk'," Baekhyun explained, "But we know that it has to be more than that."

"So...you think Joonmyun is trying to...confess to Victoria he likes her or something?" Krystal asked in confusion.

"Don't you find it odd that she favors him?" Chanyeol pointed out. "There is only one explanation: they have feelings for each other."

"Isn't she too old for him?" Sulli questioned.

"Love knows no boundaries." Chanyeol defended, "Age is but a number."

"You really have confidence issues don't you." Luna grunted, "Victoria chose him becuase he was the best choice out of all of you, not because of something stupid like feelings. Amber, Sunggyu. Dongwoo, what are you doing? Didn't try to stop them?"

Sunggyu straightened up immediately. "I tried to stop them, but they wouldn't listen."

Dongwoo kicked at the ground and Amber smiled in embarassment, "Peer pressure."

"And Zitao? Isn't Victoria your sister?" The man nodded.

"Yes, but I came here to prove them wrong."

Kryst groaned before rubbing her temples, "Well then hurry up and get back in the base before they leave. God knows what'll happen when the door opens."

And as if Murphy's Law decided now was the time, the door opened to reveal Victoria and Joonmyun, leaving to see everybody giving them a wide eyed look.

"..."

"Well would you look at the time! I think it's time that we got home!" Sunggyu exclaimed loudly as he motioned for the Inspirit unit to follow him, "I'll see you tomorrow at the board meeting tomoroow Victoria. Bye!"

They all scurried out of the halways as they yelled their goodbyes, leaving the others in a much more awkward silence.

"..." Joonmyun was confused and began to fidget at the lack of sound, while Krystal swore she saw Victoria's eye twitch.

"I had nothing to do with it!" Sulli cried out, running from Victoria's unreleased wrath as she sprinted down the hallway and opted for the stairs instead of the elevator.

Amber and the boys took this cue to make their way out of the hallway before Victoria bellowed an angry, "Stop."

Nobody dared to move at this moment, and Victoria faced Luna and Krystal. "I'm going to assume that you two just got here with Sulli."

They nodded fearfully, and she hummed and nodded, turning to Joonmyun, "The three of you get going to bed. I'll see you in the morning."

They began to walk, and Amber took this chance to follow, only to be stopped by Victoria's rough grip. "Not you."

Krystal took ths chance to run, Luna and Joonmyun not far behind.


Joonmyun laid in bed, thinking of his conversation with Qian.

"Just because I'm the leader of Periwinkle doesn't mean that I can do whatever I want. A King must ask his advisor before he makes a decision. A President can only pass a law if Congress agrees. A CEO can only decide on someting after the Board of Directors approve." Qian let out a breath before continuing, "What I'm trying to say here, is that I didn't just decide to give you special treatment, I had to get my decision through with the other leaders in Periwinkle."

"Others?" He asked in confusion.

"The leaders aren't just the ones that make strategical plans. They manage everybody, and they represent their unit. We meet every week and make decisions while solving our issues there."

"...Who are the units in Periwinkle?" 

Qian frowned a bit as she counted and listed them off. "Well the first to join us was the Inspirit unit. Then came the VIP unit, followed by the Blackjack unit, then the Say A unit. Later came the I GOT7 unit, and we just officially added in the Inner Circle unit. We also have allies, but there are more allies than members of the rebellion."

"And I've only met one unit?" Joonmyun asked curiously.

"Luckily for you, you'll get to meet the leaders of all of the units meet here tomorrow. Its too dangerous to have all of Periwinkle in one spot, so you won't get to meet everybody. But they're all very excited to meet you guys, it it helps."

"Qian?"

"Yes?"

"You're...kind of going off topic." She apologized with an embarassed giggle before getting back on track.

"When we found you, we had a meeting and hacked into your files. There, we decided who would lead your unit in training. We decided that because you had such a big amount of people that we would give you two leaders. Yifan was a no-brainer, but everybody chose someone different as the second leader."

"And you chose me to be a leader?" he asked in shock, "But then why?

"Well everybody else's choices were based on their physical capabilities, but you have the greatest mental capabilities."

"What?"

"Let's just say that somebody told me." she winked playfully before rising from her seat. "I'm sorry to end this so quickly, but I'm afraid that I must return to the base. Amber and I need to prepare for the meeting tonight."

"It's okay." Joonmyun replied as he followed her, "Thank you."

A shudder flowed through his body as he remembered what happened next. He wasn't sure what happened, as he was in bed before the others, but when Yifan entered, he didn't speak and when straight to sleep.

Joonmyun sighed tiredly, shifting into a more comfortable position.

Oh well.


Amber made a grunting noise in front of her computer as she heard the sound of somebody entering the room Lee Jungsoo seated himself in. Victoria shifted and leaned in closer to the screen.

"Park Kwanghyun, welcome." Jungsoo spoke in a kind way.

"Thank you very much, Jungsoo." came the other voice. "So, you came here to talk about Project V.I.X.X., am I right?"

Jungsoo chuckled a bit before speaking, "I can't get anything past you, can I? But yes. And it involves some other projects, and one thing that every company has been trying to do that only Jellyfish has succeeded at."

"If you're talking about mind control, you must be mistaken. I'm afraid JYP did that before us."

"No. Unlike JYP, Jellyfish has their subjects under complete, uninteruppted control." he explained, "Which we are considering investing in."

"You'd consider investing in this? For what? Does it have to do your current project?"

"Partially. In our project, we have successfully been able to clone five women to have doubles in less than a month. All we need is DNA, and we can generate a new human." His voice then turned disappointed, "Unfortunately, becuase theywere never raised, they have no knowledge of anything from World War III to how to walk."

"So you need to brainwash them, so that they not only know how to fight, but how to do basic things." Kwanghyun replied, "I get that, but why are you considering investing in us?"

"The General himself told me to use any means or amount of money it takes to join our projects together. You see, anybody's DNA can be cloned, even those whom are dead. The General not only wants to clone our current soilders, but bring back our strongest soilders, even those who have...strayed off of the right pth, if you catch my drift." A gasp was heard from the other, as Victoria and Amber tensed.

"You...you don't mean..."

"Have you heard of the Shawol Rebellion?" Victoria turned pale, refusing to face Amber as Kwanghyun made no move to respond.

"...How much are you willing to pay?" A dark chuckle was heard from Jungsoo.

"How much do you want?"


*The heavens rise open* THANK YOU! PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YET!!! I HAVE VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!

So, this is probaby my longest chapter so far, and I hope you enjoyed it! NOTE: That SuToria 'moment' wasn't anything, it was a little humourous gem to put in their. It also took me out of the writer's block I had, so thank the lord for that. Sorry for the long wait, I hope it was worth it!~

THE IMPORTANT NEWS;

I get really sad when I realize that not everybody will get the ship that they want, so just in case your ship doesn't win/you want more moments, I will be making a RED LIGHT: ONESHOT COLLECTION series!!!! This will NOT interfere with Red Light: Act One - Rebellion!!  This will be a request based collection of stories for friendships, familyships, and plain old relationships that you wish could be in the story! And if it's relevant enough, it may even end up being an actual scene ;) My next update will probably not be an actual update, just a notification that it's up! A great thing about this is that these updates will be alot more frequent~

So, all news out of the way, here are your ships! Remember, you can vote for all of these ships if you'd like, but you will only give one point towards it.

CURRRENT STANDINGS (Any mistakes, let me know!);

KyugNa - 7

KrisBer - 3

LunChen - 2

TaoNa - 2

KaiLi - 2

SeSul - 2

SuStal - 2

MyungStal - 2

MyungBer - 1

KaiStal - 1

SeStal - 1

KaiStal/SeStal triangle -1

Have a great day, and try to leave a review! I love talking to you guys, and I promise I don't bite!

~cutiepiex2