Arc 1 - Scene 4

RED LIGHT: ACT ONE - Rebellion
It was quiet. Joonmyun looked around in the small confined room he was hiding in, the panic room of some sort. The room was hidden under the floors of his bedroom, and he couldn't hear anything outside. A small stream of light filtered in from a tiny hole in the ceiling. 
 
"Alright Joonie, stay in there and don't make a sound, alright? Don't leave unless one of us comes to get you." His mother said before she placed him in there.
 
But that was an hour ago. And Joonmyun had a feeling that maybe they forgot about him. Did they not want him because of what happened and decided to leave him in here?
 
"Umma," he wimpered softly into the darkness. 
 
Suddenly he heard footsteps above him and he gasped at revelation. They didn't forget! They were coming for him! 
 
"Umma!" He yelled out happily, trying to push up the floorboards, "Umma! Appa! I'm here!"
 
A weight lifted off of the boards that previously hid him, and he pushed them up happily. However, the face he saw was not one he recognized, but a Caucasian male who pointed a threatening gun at him.
 
Joonmyun stared at the gun with wide, scared eyes and froze. At the sight of the boy, the man lowered his gun and tried to give him a non-threatening face.
 
"Are you Kim Joonmyun?" The man said in broken Korean, and he nodded slowly, eyes still staring at the gun.
 
"Alright, come with me, I'm not going to hurt you," he spoke, reaching out to the boy, "Don't worry."
 
The man edged towards the young boy slowly, before picking him up in his arms. The boy tried to ignore his embarrassment, as he was 10 and being picked up wasn't very grown up.
 
After, the man lifted a walkie-talkie  towards his mouth and spoke in English, "Phil, I found him, I'm bringing him outside now. Lower all guns."
 
With that, he carried the boy out of his large room before carrying him down the grand stairs.
 
His eyes widened from what he could see. Glass was broken from the large windowsarrow-10x10.png, and the massive chandelier on the ceiling was now on the ground in shards.
 
The man then proceeded to carry him outside, where helicopters and trucks surrounded, and multiple men in unfamiliar uniforms stood, one lone black truck waiting with an open door.
 
Suddenly, Joonmyun's breath stopped at his last sight. An ambulance stood with people carrying cots, two bodies laying on them and being carried towards it.
 
As the man brought him towards a truck and placed him inside before sitting himself, Joonmyun began to cry. Those two bodies could be dead.
 
And he knew they were his parents.

Zitao looked apprehensively at the cherry oak wood doorarrow-10x10.png in front of him. 

After the incident with Chanyeol and Sunyoung, Sulli took over for individual training as Amber left after the blue haired girl.

Zitao sighed. Training had officially ended now, and the others were in the dining room as they ate lunch. He wouldn't mind not eating lunch to confront The Director, as he had missed plenty of meals before. Besides, this was important.

Zitao knocked hesitantly before he heard footsteps. The young man knew that she had looked through the peephole before opening the door. She always did it.

It opened to reveal the smiling face of the Director. VictoriaQian grinned at him and stepped aside to let him in.

"Zitao! Come in, please." She closed the door behind her as he entered the small office.

A young woman with honey blonde hair sat in a chair in front of the oak desk, cat-like eyes snaring his immediately as she studied him carefully.

"Ah, Zitao, you interrupted a meeting I had, but I'm sure that we wouldn't mind you staying here until we finish." Qian said, seating him next to the blonde, "This is CL, the leader of one of Periwinkle's units. Her team have been helping take down another base working for the UN."

"Um, hi." He said, shifting in his chair as he shook her hand shakily. She nodded and shook his hand firmly as she eyed him once more before glancing at Qian from the side of her eye.

"Zitao, I've heard a lot about you. I'm one of the co-leaders of Periwinkle, and I lead the Blackjack unit." She said to him, eyes searching his. He gulped, and the way her eyes twinkled in satisfaction showed she noticed.

"Nice to meet you," he said finally, turning towards Qian, "I think I'm going to come back later-"

"It's fine Zitao, stay," Qian said, sitting at the opposite side of the desk he and CL shared, "We already talked about the important stuff anyways."

CL grunted in agreement, "Yes we have. Although we talked about those subjects, there is a problem Blackjack unit."

"What is it?" Questioned Qian, leaning forward, "Are you having trouble? I heard Bom had to take a break after a bad injury."

"She broke her leg and got a bad concussion. She's still healing, but that's not it." Said CL, frowning and scrunching her eyebrows, "I've agreed to go to America and help gain some allies there. Problem is, with Bom and I unable to do anything, the Blackjack unit will have some problems holding themselves together."

"The US?" Qian frowned sightly, "That country is one the prime leaders of the UN, is probably more dangerous than here, and you know that CL."

"Listen," the blonde argued, "I know what I'm doing. I've been preparing for this. Even if it basically leads the UN, America also has some of the strongest rebellions in the world against them. If I can ally with those rebellions, we'll be able to take all of the companies down. You know that. I'll be safe, it's the rest of the team that might have a problem, especially since one can't fight." 

Qian hummed and looked at her desk, thinking deeply as she rubbed her temples, "I guess I can have the VIP unit-"

"TOP got injured too. He and Bom were working together. Shot in the arm." CL cut off, causing Qian to cuss under her breath, "The only thing we can do is have some of the rookies take over for a bit." 

Qian sighed a moment before she spoke unsurely, "Hopefully they can handle it...I'll tell Seungyoon to get his team ready."

CL placed her hand over Qian's confidently, "Have faith in them Vic. I know they just escaped from YG's base and we still can't trust them, but they have a better idea of what's going on then us, they'll be able to handle it."

Qian looked at her a moment before nodding in hesitant agreement, "Alright then, but I'm putting this on you. If anything happens-"

"Then it's my fault," CL said as if she heard it a million times before, standing up and hugging her, "Stop stressing out, Vic-umma. You're making me feel tired just looking at you. Listen, I'll contact you later when I arrive in the US, and you can tell me how the rookies do everything wrong like you usually do."

Qian gave her a tight-lipped smile as the Blackjack leader made her leave, "Alright then, I'll see you."

"Goodbye Zitao, it was nice meeting you," CL said, shaking his hand again, "You'll be just fine here. And if Vic ever freaks out again, just have one of the girls call me."

And with that she left the room, winking at them teasingly before the door shut. Zitao turned back to Qian, who had pulled out a planner of some sort and began to cross things out and write things down.

"So Zitao," she began, not looking at him as she continued to write, "You already found out who I am, I can presume?"

His eyes widened a fraction before he spoke, "....Qian, why didn't you tell me?"

She didn't look up as she continued, "I thought you would find out instead of me having to tell you. And it looks like you did." 

Zitao suddenly felt himself get frustrated, and understood where Chanyeol was coming from in his argument with Sunyoung. How could she say this so casually, how could she treat this conversation like nothing when for 13 years he had been wondering where she could be?

"You never cared about me, did you?" Zitao said in shock, causing her to stop her actions and look up, "All you ever cared about was this rebellion company, and I was just a side thought. You probably just want me here to be one of your soilders. I'm your brother Qian, I don't know how you can be so heartless-!"

"Enough, Zitao." She growled out, her odd action causing him to stop his angry rant, "Don't you dare say that."

"Say what?" He countered, "I'm not going to take back anything I said-"

"Well then you better not repeat it," she said, quite out of character, "Listen to me. I'm sorry I lied to you. I realize my mistake now, but how can you say I never cared? For 13 years Zitao, I looked for you. This rebellion wasn't created just because.  We were trying to stop something horrible going on. They were turning us into mindless soilders. I looked for you everywhere, no matter what happened."

The silence became deafening once she stopped, the only sounds being their breathing and the sound of a clock ticking.

"I finally found you after looking for 13 years, Zitao," Qian repeated, eyes glossy but tears never falling, "So don't you ever say I never cared about you."


 The dining room was extremely quiet during lunch, as all of the girls(minus The Director, who was in a meeting with somebody) were eating with them this time. Both of the Park siblings were sitting as far away as possible, causing an icy tension in the room. Zitao wasn't there, but Sehun, whom was his roommate, said he had went to visit The Director, whom the boys found out to be none other than his step-sister Qian.

It wasn't very hard to pick up after Chanyeol found out who Sunyoung really was, and now the boys decided  to confront the other girls.

"So," began Baekhyun, staring at Amber, Sulli, and Krystal, "We found out who 'Luna' and 'Victoria' really were, so what about you guys?"

Amber looked awkwardly at her food while Sunyoung killed him with her eyes. Sulli, meanwhile, stared at anything but him, and Krystal glared at the clock.

"...Are you guys people we know?" Baekhyun tried once again, receiving no response.

"Tell them," said The Director, otherwise known as Song Qian, walking into the room with Zitao following behind, staring at the ground.

"W-what?" Said Amber suddenly, staring at her with wide eyes. The other girls stopped their actions to look at Qian with the same look. Zitao found the last open chair, which was in between Sulli and Joonmyun himself.

"You heard me," she said, seating herself at the head of the table across from Yifan, "Tell them who you are, starting with names. As of today, there will be no more pretending when it comes to who we are."

All the girls stared in surprise at Qian, while the boys watched with great interest.

"Unnie!" Protested Krystal for the first time, "We can't tell them everything!"

"Well I never said anything about anything other than us, now did I?" Qian winked at Krystal from her spot, causing the girl to frown, "So go ahead, Krystal."

She glared at her plate before grunting, "Jung Soojung."

The name sounded a bit familiar, like he had heard it before, but other than that he didn't recognize her.

Soojung then began to eat her food, glaring daggers into Qian, who was either completely oblivious or wasn't threatened at all.

"If you keep your face that way it'll freeze like that," Qian said casually, not glancing once at the grumpy blonde. Soojung's face turned a pale pink as she began to eat while grumbling.

"My real name is Choi Jinri," Cut in a voice, revealing the gaurded face of whom used to be Sulli. He found her name a bitfamiliar, but couldn't quite remember where he had heard it from. Jinri seemed to notice none of the boys knew her and her face relaxed in relief.

They all turned to Amber, whom was more interested in her food than everybody else. Sunyoung, whom sat next to her, nudged her.

"Yiyun," she muttered, "Liu Yiyun."

It was silent for a moment.

"Yiyun?" One of them said in shock, but Joonmyun was too busy staring at the girl in surprise.

How did he not notice before? Maybe it was her short, bright red hair, compared to the long dark locks she used to have. Yiyun had certainly changed.

The girl looked at her plate and messed with her food as she grunted, her way of saying, yes, she was indeed the girl they were all thinking about.

It was odd to know that three of the girls from Joonmyun's past were now sitting at this table. How did they create this rebellion? How did they meet the other two? What happened in 13 years?

"Really?" Sehun cut in, "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Yes, Qian," Yifan said from his seat on the other side of the room, "Why didn't you tell us who you were? Did you think we wouldn't find out?"

"Oh please," Qian rolled her eyes, "I'm not stupid, Yifan. I chose not to tell you who we were because not only would it cause distraction, you'd be questioning us every five seconds about something new."

Something about the way she said it, about the way she shifted in her chair ever so sightly, the way her eyes glanced at her plate and glanced back swiftly, told Joonmyun that something wasn't right about her words.

"You're lying," he said, making her eyebrows lift a bit as she faced him. The rest of the table looked at their conversation in interest, all waiting for what would happen next.

"Perhaps I was," she said coyly as she rested her head on her hands, head turning towards him in interest, "But I guess we all have secrets we have to keep."

Silence was Joonmyun's greatest friend, and it was at this moment that it decided to make itself present. The only sounds at this point were the ones of eating, and he had to admit that the food was delicious, although he had never seen a chef around, only mysterious maids that never even glanced at them.

"So," Qian began, plate cleared of food, "I heard there was an argument during training."

Everybody looked at the siblings in question, and Sunyoung looked away from Qian's eyes in discomfort while Chanyeol stared back at her defiantly.

"Sunyoung?" The Director questioned, as if she knew exactly what had happened but just wanted the girl to speak, "You know, it's bad to keep things bottled up like that."

This lunch was starting to remind Joonmyun of those tense family dinners on TV, and he had the odd thought that Qian was the mother right now. Sunyoung's and the girls' uncomfortable faces told him that things like this happened before.

"You know what happened." Sunyoung said, glowering. Qian didn't react to her attitude, just raised an eyebrow, "You can't make me tell you."

"Fine then." Qian stood up, chair scraping against the hard wood as the table simply stared at her, "I'd like to have a speech."

"I know that we're not on good terms right now and you may not trust us, but we're all living under that same roof. That means we get along." Her face began to turn threatening, "Whether I have to drag you by your hair to get you to stop acting like idiotic preteens is not my problem. This is my roof, and my rules. And I refuse to take care of a group of whiny brats."

Everybody looked at her with large eyes and shifted around in their seats, and even the girls were scared. Yifan stared at her with a lot more respect than he had given her when they met, and she gave a sharp glare around the room.

"So, I ask you guys to grow up and be adults. Especially you guys." He glare moved to the girls, who all looked at the ground as she scolded them, "I expect better from you four. We have to work with these men, whether you like it or not. So I ask you nicely, get along."

They all nodded, while a couple of the younger boys snickered at their reaction. Qian's glare shifted to harden and focus on them, making them shut up quickly. 

"And you," She said to the boys, "I don't care what happened but you do not bring your attitudes to any one of my girls or myself. If you want respect, give it first. So if you have a problem, come to me, and we'll talk about it like adultsGot it?"

They all nodded at her and she surveyed them before nodding in approval, "Good. Now Sunyoung, apologize."

Well that broke the atmosphere.

Luna sputtered at the stern woman as Chanyeol smirked at her triumphantly, Jongdae's loud laughter ringing in the room. 

"B-but unnie-"

"No buts, Sunyoung. I taught you better than that. Now apologize to Chanyeol." Qian said.

"Qian-" Sunyoung tried once more.

"Apologize to your brother, Sunyoung, now."

"Fine!" The woman gritted her teeth and turned to the smug man, "Chanyeol, I'm sorry."

"For what." Qian intervened.

"For lying." She bit out. Seeing as Qian still gave her a look, she continued, "And saying what I said."

Sunyoung looked at the ground, eyes softening a bit. Joonmyun decided she looked much better when she wasn't glaring. "I didn't mean all of that."

The whole table turned around to look at Chanyeol whose eyes had softened even more than hers.

"You're forgiven. I guess." He joked, chuckling a bit. The two made eye contact before breaking into tiny smiles that Joonmyun knew probably felt larger inside.

"Well, now that that's done and over with," interrupted Qian, clapping her hands together, "Let's finish lunch so we can talk about training schedules. Just got them set up, all I have to do is print them out."


The training room was about to become the boys' new home, with the amount of time they've been in there. It looked exactly the same as they left it, except for the whiteboard hung on the wall, as it now had writing on it. Two stacks of metal chairs stood next to it.

After Qian's speech and the heart-to-heart moment during lunch, the girls stopped their behavior and were more welcoming towards the guys. Joonmyun was happily able to know that nobody was trying to glare him to death anymore.

 After they unstacked the chairs and seated themselves in front of Qian, she uncapped a dry-erase marker and began to talk, marker hovering near the board. 

"Alright everybody, this is how everything is going to work. After your group and individual training, we gathered the data, and now you have a schedule of who you'll be training with and when. You'll train with two or three people, for two hours each." Qian was circling keywords on the board as she spoke.

"I've printed out schedules with not only who'll you'll train with and where, but a full day schedule. Most days it'll be like this, unless it's a Sunday or mission day." With that, Yiyun and Soojung began to pass out schedules to each of them, the boys reading what they said eagerly. Soojung's hand that held the sheet quickly flicked towards him, and he grasped it eagerly.

Kim Joonmyun

7:00 AM – Wake up/Shower (you can wake up earlier, but anybody not awake will be woken no later than 8:00 AM)

9:00 AM - 10:00 AM – Breakfast 

10:00 AM - 12:00 PM – Strategy & Skill w/ Victoria

12:00 PM - 1:00 PM – Lunch

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM – Break

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM – Group Meeting

3:00 PM - 5:00 PM – Weaponry & Agility w/ Krystal

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM – Chores

6:00 PM - 7:00 PM – Dinner 

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM – Shower

9:00 – Bedtime 

From his right, he could hear Baekhyun complain that there weren't enough breaks and from his left he heard Luhan trying to convince Minseok to switch schedules.

"Okay you guys, because you guys were doing group training this morning, we're off schedule. Right now it's actually group meeting time, but since we didn't have one we'll make it break time. Just make sure that at 2:00 you all get to where you need to be." The Director then began to walk towards the elevator, "Nobody should be meeting with me now, but the people who have me tomorrow morning, go to my office then."

"Those of you who need to meet with me tomorrow," spoke Yiyun, catching their attention, "I'll be in my base, or the tech lab."

"All the people who have me today will meet me in here, Luna and I will have a joint training for a couple of days," spoke Jinri, forgetting to say Sunyoung's real name, "But if you have me in the morning I'll be in the dining hall."

"I'll be in this room, sometimes with Jinri." Sunyoung said, emphasizing by grasping said girl's arm.

"And I'll be in the weapons room." Finished Soojung, "Any questions or concerns?"

Two or three raised their hands, and Soojung let Baekhyun state his question.

"Yeah, could you repeat all of that? I wasn't listening." He spoke, causing everybody to facepalm.

It was going to be a long day.


"Today was..." Joonmyun began as he and Yifan walked into their shared room, Yifan with a towel hanging his neck while the other dried his hair with his.

"Tiring?" Yifan finished. They had just finished showering, and Joonmyun never felt so relaxed to dry off all that dirt. It was a plus he thrived in the element.

"Basically," He agreed, plopping himself on the bottom bunk and sighing, "It's so weird how all of this crazy stuff happened in only one day. If this is how it'll be everyday, then I might die early."

Weaponry and agility with Soojung was practically the same as the group training they did earlier, but even more harsh. Soojung made Sunyoung seem lenient, of all things. She told them that tomorrow she'd begin to train them on weapons, but she needed to see their strentghs and weaknesses up front first, causing them to have to do heavy workout and do even more laps than with Sunyoung.

Chores consisted of cleaning up the home(he was lucky he didn't have bathroom duty), and he set up the table and food for dinner with Minseok and Kyungsoo. Dinner wasn't much, alot of chatter about meaningless things and the training they had. But it relieved Joonmyun that nothing hostile happened.

Yifan snorted a bit before he rubbed the back of his neck, "Joonmyun...switch bunks with me?"

"What?" Joonmyun said, looking up to see Yifan repeat his question.

"I'm pretty tall, so when I wake up my hed tends to hit the ceiling," Yifan continued, "And because you're shorter, you won't have that issue."

Joonmyun tried his hardest to not feel offended, but failed. As he let the taller man switch bunks, Joonmyun tried not to let the fact that he was short get to him. He climbed up the metal ladder to the top one and soon hid head hit the pillow, sighing a bit as he began to pull the covers over him.

"Goodnight, Yifan." he began, his only response being the man's soft snoring, "Tomorrow is going to be a long day."

Joonmyun sighed once more before closing his eyes and drifting off into dreamland.

 
 
 

 


Hey guys! Thanks so much for your suuport and love, epsecially those of you that comment! It's really nice to get feedback and suggestions for my story, and it would probably be a mess if it weren't for you. I've really been working hard on getting my chapters posted ASAP, and so here you go!

So alot of stuff happened;

I finally wrote in somebody other than Suho's POV (Victoria's POV in the foreword doesn't really count), we had YG cameos/mentions, siblings were making up, and all of the girls had their true identities revealed! What did you think?

About Sulli; I do know that I mentioned her in the foreword but none of the boys recognize her, it'll all be revealed later.

Until then, see ya later!

Comments are greatly appreciated, and subscribing makes me feel a bit happier!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!~

- cutiepie