Arc 1 - Scene 3

RED LIGHT: ACT ONE - Rebellion
 
"As you all know, four days ago, a mysterious object, not yet confirmed as an asteroid or a meteor, crashed into an abandoned field in Seoul, South Korea, hitting and injuring a total of 15 children, and all evidence later vanished from the scene. 3 were not as severely injured, and were let out the day after the event, while 12 remain in intensive care.
 
"Now, breaking news reveal that the object had radioactive substances, the only known one being the chemical and element Xenon. Xenon is a chemical element that is a colorless, dense, odorless noble gas, and occurs in the atmosphere in trace amounts. Although generally unreactive, xenon can undergo a few chemical reactions.
 

"However, this was revealed to be radioactive xenon-135, which may have affected the injured children. As of two days ago, they had drastic reactions towards the object that hit them. 

"While the doctors, parents of the children, police, fire department, and even the scientists themselves have denied telling us what happened, word came out that some effects were fire, regurgitation of water, frosting of the hands, and one insider even said that objects around the hospital room began to move without will.

"Due to this, many countries have been wanting to transfer the children to their own laboratories to find out what exactly has happened, as this is the biggest science finding in history yet.

 "News is going around that countries are creating alliances, and most want to ally with South Korea itself. However, few have been threatening the country, and may be planning invasion if Korea does not comply. Whether or not this will actually happen, is something nobody is sure of and anticipating. My name is Julie, and you are watching Channel 15 News."


The next morning, Joonmyun was woken by the sound of knocking at the door. The bed above him was shifting, letting it be known that Yifan was just rousing as well.

There was another knock and a yell from whom Joonmyun recognized as Amber.

"Hey, you guys awake? You've been in here for a while. I'm coming in." The doors then slid open to reveal the red-headed woman. She wore different clothing, instead wearing a camouflage outfit. The camouflage baggy pants and somber look on her face gave him the idea that this training might be more than he expected.

"Morning," she started casually, "You two must have slept well. I'll be leading you to the dining area and then we'll get started with training. First, you'll need to get dressed. Your clothes are in the dresser next to the bed. I'll wait out here, then we'll get going. Just knock on the door when your dressed and ready to go."

Yifan gave a curt nod while Joonmyun looked at the ground as Amber left the room and shut the door behind her. The duo then got out of bed and began to change into their new clothing. The new outfits where camouflage bottoms and plain white shirts, and Joonmyun had to admit that he enjoyed the change. 

The two then knocked on the door as a symbol for Amber to open it. As the doors opened and closed behind him, Joonmyun wondered if agreeing to Victoria's terms was the best idea. How could he really believe her on her words? What if she was lying to him, and the world was actually better now? Then again, he was held in there for 13 years...and if the world was better he'd certainly be free by now. Perhaps he'd be able to ask Victoria if he got the chance. For now he'd have to put his mind somewhere else.

"So," Amber began, stopping in front of the elevator and turning towards them, "Since you'll be under our training I'll tell you everything that goes on here. Unless of course, it's confidential."

Amber began by waving her arms around the area, "These are your rooms, the other boys included. Our rooms are down the other hall. This way, communication is easier, especially in moments of distress. The men's bathroom and showers are down this hall, while the women's are opposite. Don't go getting any ideas though."

The halls were lit with bright white lights, and while the walls reminded him of a college dorm hall, the marble floors reminded him of a hospital. Mix this and you get the rooms. Down the hall were two halls adjacent to each other. One led to two doors, one for the showers and one for the bathroom, and the opposite hall held another set.

"Where are the others?" Joonmyun began. Amber pressed the up button on the elevator and it slid open with a loud ding.

"They're already in the dining hall," Amber stated, stepping in as the others followed behind, "You two were the last ones to wake up."

The elevator doors slid closed with a soft click, and Joonmyun felt the elevator lift upwards with a jolt. 

"How many floors are there?" Yifan commented as they lifted towards the  third. The elevator bell dinged, and the doors slid open to reveal an identical hallway with carpeted floors instead. 

"Only three actually. This floor is where we have the meeting room where we strategize, Victoria's office, a waiting room, my tech room, and the dining area, kitchen and another bathroom that's usually for guests. The second floor is where the bedrooms, showers, and bathrooms are, and the bottom floor is the training room, the one where you guys met Victoria yesterday." Amber stated as they walked down the hallway, before stopping in front of a wooden door, "And here's the dining room."

She opened the door to reveal a large dining table similar to the one they sat at when meeting the Director. All ten boys sat at the glossy dark oak table conversing and eating the delicious food, it's smell trailing around the room. It grew a bit more quiet at the sight of the other two and Amber.

"Once you're finished, Sulli and I will be leading you guys back down to the third floor to begin your training with Luna." The redhead stated, checking her watch with one hand and fiddling with a contraption held in her pants with the other.

"Did you eat?" Joonmyun asked her with concern. Her eyebrows moved up a bit and she smiled in amusement.

"All of the girls wake up at 5:00 every morning. I ate three hours ago," Proving this fact, she pointed to the clock that stated it was 8:14 in the morning, "But thank you for being concerned." 

Amber winked playfully at him and pat him on the shoulder before she left the room, closing the door behind her. Joonmyun heard snickers from the table, and he sat next to the light haired Luhan with a pale red staining his cheeks.

"When did you get so concerned for Amber, Joonmyun?" Sehun joked teasingly. The boy in question gave Sehun a dirty look as he began to pile his plate of food.

"Oh shut up Sehun. Weren't you eyeing The Director yesterday?" Joonmyun retorted, in a manner unlike him before he began to eat. The youngest then felt his face flush in embarrassment and he crossed his arms before replying.

"I'm not the only one, Jongin was too!" Said boy looked up from his plate with a mouth full of food and scrunched eyebrows.

"Hm?" He mumbled through his full mouth. After an awkward pause, the group broke out and laughed, their first genuine ones in a long time. With years of sarcastic and blunt jokes with bitter dull laughs that never seemed real, it was nice to finally feel truly happy.

In his thought process and eating, the others had continued their conversation and led to their impressions of the girls. Apparently everyone was woken up in pairs by different girls; however Victoria didn't wake any of them up and Yifan and Joonmyun were the only two to have Amber awaken them.

"Are you guys that special?" Baekhyun snorted, plate empty now, "I mean, you guys get all the special treatment."

The two men in question shrugged in response. Everything in this building was a mystery, and if he was special he was sure that there was no reason. He wasn't strong like the others, he didn't have a good looks, and he barely any control on his powers, he hadn't even used them in a long time. What would make Victoria interested in him, when she could pick somebody who could keep up with Yifan? And what for anyways?

"Were you listening?" Questioned Luhan, waving his hand in front of Joonmyun's face with a frown, "You keep spacing out a lot."

"Sorry," Joonmyun replied, "I'm so used to being isolated that I can't even remember how to socialize."

It was supposed to be funny, but nobody laughed. 

"Anyways," coughed Minseok, trying to break the silence, "Luhan asked what Amber and Victoria are like? I mean, you guys get to talk them."

"Yeah," said Yixing,"Krystal never replies to me, she just glares." 

Joonmyun thought back at the girl, the one with the penetrating eyes and bleached blonde hair. She seemed extremely intimidating and unwelcoming, and he was relieved that Amber was the one to wake him up in the mornings.

Yifan didn't reply, too engrossed into what he was eating, so Joonmyun decided to answer for them both.

"Amber's nice actually. She talks to us and tells us everything we need to know." Yifan looked up from his plate to send a pointed look that reminded the boy, "Well, not everything."

Yifan swallowed his food and decided to continue for him, "Victoria is a suspicious woman. She knows everything about us, and I can never tell what she's thinking, only that she has the upper hand all of the time. None of them can be trusted. Not even Amber."

The room was left quiet after Yifan's words. He was right, in a way, that none of them could be trusted. However, Amber was nice towards him and acted kind, something nobody in the lab had done towards him in a long time.

"Don't they look familiar?" Zitao said suddenly, "I mean, something about them feels off. Like they know something about us that we don't."

"Yeah," Chanyeol said in agreement, "The short one with the blue hair is always staring at me. It's creepy."

Joonmyun had no knowledge of the girl, Luna, that Chanyeol had mentioned. Her stony gaze gave nothing away to him either. The only thing he knew was that she had to be strong, becuase she'd be the one to begin their training. 

"Not like that, Chanyeol," Zitao said, eyes looking up at the cieling, "It's like they know us."

"Well yeah," Jongdae snorted, "How else did they find us." 

"Not that either!" Zitao cut off, glaring at him, "I mean-you know what, never mind."

The young boy sulked in his chair and fiddled with his fork, twirling it around and occasionally tapping his empty plate. Jongdae then took it upon himself to continue conversating, and the room broke into three different conversations.

Joonmyun surveyed the dining room with wonder. Who would've known that two days ago, these people where in a lab facility that they lived in for thirteen years?

His first real smile in years stretched across his face.


Sometime after breakfast, Amber entered the room with Sulli behind, who decided to tell them of their training.

"First you'll head to downstairs for a group test," began Sulli for the first time since he met her, "Then, one at a time in age order, Luna will test your strength."

They all nodded, and nobody dared to reply when Sulli was glaring at them the way she was. The group then lined up as two maids appeared from thin air and began to clean up the area. Next to him, Joonmyun felt one of the boys jump in surprise at the appearance of the mystery women.

As Sulli led them from the front, Amber trailed them from the back, and they all went into the elevator towards the third floor. With its large size and space, the group of fourteen fit easily in it.

The doors slid open and revealed the same room they met Victoria in, minus the large table and chairs. Workout equipment lay in one area, and most of the floor was covered in a wrestling mat. A door that Joonmyun didn't see last time lay on the wall farthest from him.

In the center of it all stood Luna, her small build covered in the same outfit Amber and Sulli wore. She noticed them and stood up straight from where she was leaning on a pillar.

Amber and Sulli nudged them forward, their cue to exit the elevator. They exited hastily, and followed the two girls' motions to line up facing their trainer.

"Good morning," Luna began as she walked down the line, observing each of them, "I hope you ate and slept well because I'll make you train all day today." 

Her sharp eyes landed on his and he felt himself draw in a breath. Zitao was right, something about her did appear familiar. His mind blurred as he tried to remember, but her words cut into his thoughts.

"Today, I'll be seeing your strengths and weaknesses as a group, and as individuals. Both are equally important whether you want them to be or not." She stated walking back to her place in front of the pillar, "Any questions or comments?"

About half of the boys, including Joonmyun raised their hands. Either Luna didn't know about Jongdae that well, or decided she wanted to take a risk by choosing Jongdae to ask first.

"Why are you the one training us?" He said bluntly, "You don't even look that strong."

By the looks on Amber and Sulli's faces, Joonmyun was sure that Jongdae had no idea what he had gotten himself into. The others held in bated breaths and Jongdae looked unimpressively at Luna, whom walked towards him with a blank look.

"Oh, I wouldn't be too sure of that, sweetie." She said in a knowing manner.

Suddenly, her arm flew up and in seconds Jongdae went from standing in front of her to being flipped over her shoulder and landing behind her on the mat. He groaned in pain, cussing under his breath and lifting himself up as she dusted herself off. Amber snickered at his form on the ground while Sulli tried horribly to muffle her laughter.

"Well," she said, turning towards them again with a face daring for them to test her, "Any other questions?"

Nobody raised their hands.


Luna was a sadist and she knew it. 

It had been two hours of pain filled training. It consisted of running around the room, push-ups, sit-ups, and other things Joonmyun never experienced before in the laboratory. Oh well, he was lucky he wasn't Jongdae.

Luna had been giving the snarky boy an especially hard time, making him do extra push-ups, repeat his sit-ups, and one time made him redo a whole another five laps around the room because she 'missed some.' The look on her face suggested otherwise, to Jongdae's dismay. Somebody needed to remind Joonmyun to never cross paths with her.

"Alright then," Luna said with a towel around her neck. She didn't appear tired, after all, she didn't do much except exert them to exhaustion.

"Are we done yet?" Baekhyun gasped out, trying to catch his breath, "Because if I don't get any water I'm going to die. Right now."

Joonmyun didn't almost catch the annoyed glare that both Kyungsoo and Luna gave the tired boy.

"Your group training is done. However, one at a time in age order, I'll call you into the room next to this one for an induvidual analysis." She then entered the room through the door next to the training equipment.

"Okay," blared Luna's voice over speakers in the room, "Kim Minseok is first." 

"Guess that's me." The boy that had been called first got a few pats on the back and words of luck as he went off towards the isolated room. It reminded him of their first years at the lab, when they'd get 'check ups,' which were really just testing. 

Joonmyun decided to quickly shake off those thoughts, as he'd rather not remember them. Although he wasn't in top shape, he'd rather be here than the lab.

"Hey Joonmyun," piped Luhan, "You okay there? I know I already asked you, but man, you keep spacing out. Did something happen?"

Of course something happened, Joonmyun thought, thirteen years ago we got hit by some weird meteor thing that got us stuck with freakish powers, got put into a laboratory and caused a freaking apocalypse, almost got killed, got saved by leaders of a rebellion, are now training for said rebellion, and it's all my fault.

"No," He said instead, "I'm fine."

After Luhan turned away with hesitance, Joonmyun delved back into his thoughts while the others chatted beside him happily.

The young man bit his lip as his worries and thoughts began to get the best of him.

"Guys," he said suddenly, catching their attention, "Do any of you wonder where our family is?"

Silence rang around the room, and even Amber and Sulli stopped their small talk to stare at them. Joonmyun noticed that he tended to make people stop talking a lot, and blamed his bad social skills.

"What kind of question is that?" Rang Baekhyun's voice around the room, "Everyday since we got taken away, I wondered where my parents were, and if they were worried about me. Now that I think about it, they never were."

Byun Baekhyun came from a family of many talents, with two older brothers, one being a success in business, and one that was pursuing professional sport. Meanwhile, his parents were disappointed in him for wanting to be a musician, and resented him for it. On the day of the incident, after they'd been hospitalized, they never appeared once, and his only visitors were his brothers.

"I've been worried for a long time," spoke Yixing, "But I know that they're better off without me."

Zhang Yixing, who moved to Seoul from China when he was younger, came from a family with a lot of kids, but not enough financial support. He was trying his best by doing household chores for the neighbors to gain money, but after the incident Joonmyun felt concern towards the family.

"Do you think they're dead?" Chanyeol blurted out, causing them to all stare at him in shock, "Sorry, but you know you were all thinking it."

Silence followed, "I mean, I have three sisters. The chances of me finding all of them? That's crazy."

Park Chanyeol had three sisters, one older and two younger twins, one of which, were caught in the incident. He was more than just fond of them, so it surprised Joonmyun that he would say these things.

"Hey," said Jongdae, "Aren't you supposed to be the happy one?!"

"I was until I got hit by a meteor and locked up in a laboratory." He snapped back, "I'm sorry that I can't be all laughs and giggles for you Jongdae, but it's the truth. Not everybody we know is going to have lived."

It was quiet again. Amber looked at the ground, fidgeting as her hands scrambled to get to her pockets. Sulli looked back and forth from Chanyeol to the door, as if trying to connect dots.

The door to the room in which Minseok entered opened, said man exiting. He looked the same as exiting, except he looked a tad shaken, eyes glinting a darker color.

He had been using his powers.

"Hey guys," he said, breaking the silence that had washed over the room and walking towards them, "Luhan, you're next."

"How bad is it?" Luhan said, getting up from where had sat on the ground, stretching as he walked towards him.

Minseok shrugged unconvincingly, "Depends. You're going to have to use your powers."

Luhan grinned and cracked his knuckles in an attempt to look tough, but it only made him appear more full of himself, "It's about time."

The door closed behind him as they gave him good luck, and Amber and Sulli stood at either side, beginning a hushed conversation.

"So," said Minseok, sitting in the space Luhan had once occupied next to Joonmyun, "What's up?"

"About the family thing," said Zitao, striking a confused stare from Minseok and interested ones from the others, "I don't believe you Chanyeol."

"None of you ever did," Chanyeol muttered moodily.

"I don't believe my parents or Qian-jie are dead." Zitao began, Amber and Sulli shifting uncomfortably in the background, "I won't lose faith until I see it."


Luhan and Yifan had gone similarly to Minseok. They exited and said that it wasn't too bad, but that something within the walls made everything up to outside the room power-proof free.

"Joonmyun," Yifan said, sitting next to Zitao, "Your turn."

He nodded and got up reluctantly, getting a tap on the back for good luck from Minseok and a few calls of good luck from the others.

He entered the room, door closing behind him, and felt a weight being lifted. He stretched his arms a bit, pleased that his powers could be used in here.

The room was nothing special. Silver walls and a beige-white flooring, one lone table and chair in the middle, Luna seated there. A lone glass of water sat on top of the table.

"Kim Joonmyun," Luna said, gesturing towards the glass, "Do whatever you want with the water."

That was it?

"Um, okay?" He said with scrunched eyebrows. He turned towards the cup and held both hands out, gesturing with his mind and hands for it to leave the cup.

It didn't move.

"...what?" He muttered, trying once again with no avail. After a few more failed attempts, Luna motioned for him to stop.

"Did they ever have you try to control small amounts of water back at the lab?" She said knowingly, expecting the outcome, "...I Thought so. That's all. Bring in the next guy, Joonmyun."

"That's it?"

"That's it. Call in Zhang Yixing, Joonmyun."

He stared at her with confused eyes before he hesitantly left the room, the others looking at him with expecting eyes.

"So?" Said Jongin expectantly, "What happened?"

He answered with a shrug, "I can't really say. Yixing, you're next."

Said boy headed towards the room as they continued to harass him for more information.


A few people later, and everything was going smoothly. Until, of course, Chanyeol's turn.

Nobody was really talking much at this point, just making small conversation to keep the time going. Suddenly, faint yelling was heard in the room that Chanyeol and Luna occupied. Amber and Sulli looked at the door and opened it, hands readying themselves for anything. The yells grew alarmingly louder, and from where Joonmyun was he could see Chanyeol's back as he pointed to her.

"-believe you, Sunyoung!" Everyone's attention was on this, and Joonmyun's eyes flashed in recognition at the name.

Sunyoung was one Chanyeol's younger sisters, the youngest after her twin Jinyoung. But if Chanyeol was calling Luna Sunyoung, then...

"Oh my god," breathed Joonmyun as she replied, recognizing her facial features to a young girls'. She certainly had changed, but now he could see the resemblance.

"Oh please," she argued, crossing her arms, "It was better off with me not telling you."

"Why? I'm your brother!" He yelled, lunging towards her, causing Amber and Sulli to hold him back. From here Joonmyun could see his eyes were glossing over with unshed tears.

"Because I'm different now, Chanyeol," she spat out his name, walking forwards, "I'm better. I'm Luna."

"So you would just let me think my sister Sunyoung was dead when she was right in front of me? How selfish are you?!" He cried out, movements making the two girls move him towards the door. 

"It was better you thinking that your sister Sunyoung was dead because she is," Lun-noSunyoung, said to him with an unreadable look on her face, "Sunyoung did die. She died a long time ago."

And with that, she walked out of the room, muttering to Sulli to finish her job for her as she headed for the stairs instead of the elevator. Chanyeol was left staring at her figure with the same unreadable face.


Hey guys! Sorry about the REALLY late update. I've been constantly changing and editing this chapter(I'm such a perfectionist) and it took me forever to get my mom to let me use her laptop. ANYWAYS, how was the chapter? Expect a new update quickly!

I hope you got a grasp on some characters, and Victoria + Krystal will show up next chapter, along with a cameo by a non-SM idol!

NON-SM IDOL GROUPS TO MAKE CAMEOS/APPEARANCES;

- 2ne1, Big Bang, Infinite, Miss A, BTS, WINNER, + MORE!

Any requests for ships/songs are accepted, and feel free to ask questions/ send suggestions!

If you're confused about anything, please say!

BYE!