Arc 1 - Scene 5

RED LIGHT: ACT ONE - Rebellion
When Joonmyun awakened, it was not the truck. It was a room lit up by only a candle. The candle, in this case, was not an object, but a human.
 
"Welcome, Joonmyun." Said a beautiful woman, eyes content yet still shaken, "I hope you are doing well."
 
"Who-who are you? Where am I?!" The boy cried out, looking around only to see a vass expanse of whiteness around, as it appeared to center around her. She seemed to radiate an aura of light, like a lit candle in the middle of a cave.
 
"They call me many names, but that isn't very important. I don't have much time." She said, looking around as if there was something coming. A long white gown was worn by her, and when she turned around the dress moved with her, as if it were apart of her body.
 
"What do you mean? What's going on?" Joonmyun replied, trying his best to remember the past events.
 
"A lot of bad things have happened to you, but you must stay strong. Not only for your friends but yourself." She walked over to him, steps so graceful it appeared as if she were floating, and squatted before him so they were the same height.
 
"You are very special, Joonmyun." The woman spoke, eyes piercing his, "Don't ever forget that. Try to remember me as well, it may be important in the future."
 
"Wait what do you mean?" He asked as she stood up, "I don't understand! I don't understand anything and you're not telling me! I don't even know who you are!" Her lips pursed and she gave him a stern look, silencing his cries.
 
"I'm not allowed to tell you anything, not until the next time we see each other. They're coming. For now I have to go." She turned and began to walk away, to a destination unknown, the bright light moving with her.
 
"Where are you going! Wait up!" He began to chase after her figure, the area he stood in growing darker without her light to brighten it,"Don't leave me! I'm afraid of the dark! Please!"
 
He sped up, running with all of his might, faster than the time he had a race with his friends. But this was not a race. A race was fun. And this was not fun at all.
 
Joonmyun caught a hold of the end of her dress at first, and then finally grabbed on to her, slowing her down, back towards him.
 
"Until we meet again." She said quietly, before her form disappeared into thin air, scent lingering before leaving with her.
 
"No..." He sniffed, tears beginning to drop off of his face as the room began to darken, "Please don't go, I'm afraid of the dark..."
 
The darkness grew bigger before swallowing him whole.

The next morning, Joonmyun didn't need Yiyun or Yifan's assistance to awaken him in the morning, and sighed in bliss. He had rested well, and knew it would be useful for the tiring day to come.
 
He climbed down the ladder of the bunk bed, something he'd have to get used to, and looked at the bed to see it empty. Yifan had obviously been there, proof being the messy sheets and pillows left behind.
 
Joonmyun hesitantly headed for the door, and they slid open almost automatically, making him jump at the motion. That was odd. Wasn't Yiyun supposed to come? 
 
His question was answered when he saw a refreshed looking man walk past him and towards the elevator, dark hair wet and wearing the same black wife beater and camouflage bottoms the girls usually wore.
 
"Minseok!" He called to him, causing the person in question turn around. His wide eyes found Joonmyun's and relaxed as he waved. "What are you doing?"
 
"I'd ask you the same thing." Minseok replied as Joonmyun caught up to him, "You should be getting ready, breakfast is about to start and you need to take a shower first."
 
Oh, so that's what was going on. Joonmyun made a mental note to check the clock before he asked questions. That would've been a smarter decision.
 
With a goodbye to Minseok, the man then went to go get ready for the day. The shower room had designated lockers in there, and when he opened his he saw the same outfit Minseok had been wearing earlier.
 
After showering and changing, Joonmyun then made his way towards the dining room, in which he heard the chatter of the boys and clanking of plates.
 
"Morning Joonmyun!" Yixing called out when he entered, catching the others' attention and causing them to greet him as well. The only ones missing were Sehun, Zitao, and Jongdae, who were probably either sleeping or showering.
 
"Who's your first training session with?" Luhan said as Joonmyun grabbed a plate and began to pile food atop it.
 
"Victoria," he said, hearing one of the boys groan.
 
"It is special treatment," Chanyeol muttered next to Baekhyun, who was going on about how right he was and conspiracy theories.
 
"What do you mean special treatment?" He asked innocently, gaining deadpan looks from around the room.
 
Kyungsoo swallowed his food before answering, "Yifan is the only other person working with Qian."
 
A few murmurs were heard before Joonmyun bit his lip as he sat down, the space between him and the others feeling a bit greater than before. He let out a breath before deciding to speak.
 
"Listen, I have no idea why she's favoriting us." Anybody would be a better choice than me, anyways.
 
"Well there's definitely a reason," Luhan interjected, "I mean, you two aren't very much alike, so it's not just some sort of list of qualifications needed or whatever."
 
"True," Jongin remarked, "but these girls are so confusing it could literally be anything." Yifan shook his head at this.
 
"Not necessarily. They seem like they don't have a plan, but it's just some sort of act. Everything they do is thought out beforehand, even if it doesn't seem like it."
 
They all accepted Yifan's theory with slow nods, before agreeing whole-heartedly. 

"Come in," said a muffled voice through the doors to Qian's office. Yifan pushed the entrance open, Joonmyun following with a bit of hesitance. Qian sat at her desk and greeted them with a smile, waving them both over.
 
After sitting, Qian pulled out a manila folder, handing it to the two. Yifan pulled it out of her grasp and opened it with ease. The first thing he saw was a photo of a respectable looking man. Next to the photo was his name and information. Under the photo of him was one of a very attractive woman, whom had information for who she was as well.
 
"The man is Lee Jungsoo, one of the bigger representatives for SM corp." Qian's voice answered as he read everything from parents to blood type.
 
"SM corp?" Joonmyun asked. Qian nodded.
 
"SM Corp, or Soo Man Corporation, is one of the biggest soldier creating factories out there. It's where we were trained." Qian's eyes grew dim, "It's where we escaped from."
 
"You mean you and the girls, right?" Yifan asked, though he meant, 'Who else escaped with you?'
 
"The girls and I were some." She answered, "SM was named after its creator, one of the biggest generals of South Korea at the time. It was like our school, except we never left. Everything we needed was there. Everything except for what truly mattered." 
 
Joonmyun bit the inside of his mouth before he decided to let it all out. "Was anybody mad at us? For what we did."
 
Qian nodded. "So many people blamed you. Twelve children, can you believe that some called you demons? Amber, Luna and I even got backlash. I guess we all needed our scapegoat."
 
"But," Qian cut in, face brightening as if it never happened, "That's not what we're talking about now. This is different. The woman you see there is Kim Gayoung, Jungsoo's fiancè. Want to know why they're very important?"
 
Joonmyun nodded eagerly, and Qian gestured for Yifan lifted the paper of the two representatives to reveal a sheet of paper with pictures of five women on them, "These are five missing women, the most recent being Kim Yerim, 16, whom went missing about a week or so ago. All five were soldiers for SM Corporation."
 
"How are they connected?" Questioned a confused Yifan. 
 
Qian smiled knowingly, motioning for him to see the next photo. It was of some sort of lab, where in five large tubes floated five females in some sort of blue-clear substance. Comparing them to the photos, Joonmyun could see the resemblances. In another photo, stood scientists observing the tubes with two people in suits in the back supervising. If one looked closer, they would notice they looked similar to Jungsoo and Gayoung.
 
"Amber hacked into one of SM's weaker branches recently, and all she could get before getting tracked were these screenshots. This shows that SM has been planning something. And now you're asking, 'What is it?' And I'll tell you."
 
Joonmyun leaned forward as Qian continued, "You see, in our mission on saving you, we found something interesting. When they studied you, they were testing your DNA and sending some of it to SM. And according to the files we found there, they've been trying to replicate it."
 
"So you're saying that they were trying to clone us?" Joonmyun asked in outrage. "And that they're trying to do it to these girls?"
 
Qian nodded solemnly. "So, tonight is a very special night. It is one of Seoul's many galas for the high class. And I just happen to know who's going."
 
"It's Jungsoo and Gayoung isn't it?" Yifan guessed. 
 
"You hit the nail right on the head. I heard from an insider that Jungsoo is planning on meeting up with Park Kwanghyun, a representative of Jellyfish Corporation." The general explained, "And, as a first training session, you two are going to come up with a plan to somehow get this tracker and recording device to attach to Jungsoo before his meeting with Kwanghyun."
 
"Wait what?" The two said in unison. How were they supposed to come up with a master plan? They weren't geniuses!
 
"You heard me. It's not very hard." Qian responded in annoyance, "Let's start off with something simple. What is the goal?"
 
"To attach the recording device to Kim Jungsoo?" Joonmyun asked.
 
"Good. And what stands in our way?"
 
"Getting inside, let alone near him." Yifan said bluntly.
 
"Don't worry about getting inside, I've got that covered. But why is there a problem getting near him?" Qian knew the answer, but she must've wanted to treat Yifan like a kindergartener.
 
"If he's a big representative, a hotshot like him is going to want to look the part. So he'll bring bodyguards. You need to somehow get past them, so you need to be interesting enough or convince him." Yifan explained, "So I say have somebody seduce one of the guards and then him."
 
"Excellent idea." Qian smiled, "But what about his fiancè, Lee Gayoung?"
 
Yifan frowned, "She'll get jealous, so we need to get someone to distract her while whoever seduces him does what they need to."
 
"Have somebody seduce her too." Thought Joonmyun aloud. Qian and Yifan's eyebrows raised in appreciation and sincere suprise.
 
"Why is that?" Smiled Qian.
 
"She seems pretty high up, right? So if she gets jealous of Jungsoo, she won't want to ruin her image. The next best thing is making him jealous too, it'll make Gayoung think she is superior, and blind her from her real goal." He explained. 
 
Qian grinned, "Great job you two. We'll go over this plan during the group meeting, and tonight will be our first real mission."
 
"But wait," Yifan cut in, "Who are these last guys, in this photo here." 
 
"Well you needed actors, right?" Qian said knowingly, "Plus, you're not ready and this is the best way to show you how a mission really goes down."
 
The two looked at each other before looking back at the general, whom was grinning knowingly.
 
"Do your chores early today boys," spoke Qian, "Well be having some vey important guests over today."

"The 'Inspirit unit'?" Questioned Baekhyun, cleaning the shower as Sehun swept the grounds next to Joonmyun, "That's the name of the 'important people' we're cleaning for?"

"The name of the unit, yes." Joonmyun answered, "They are supposed to show us how a mission goes on because we aren't ready, and we'll be watching from Yiyun's base on a projector, since the UN are still searching for us." 
 
The two groaned a bit and began to place the finishing touches on the shower room. 
 
"All done." Grumbled Sehun, "Now we can take a break. Where were we supposed to go again?"
 
"The waiting room." Joonmyun answered, as they headed out of the showers and to the elevator.
 
After getting upstairs, the trio entered the waiting room next to Qian's office to see Jongin, Luhan, and Jongdae seated while Sunyoung leaned on a wall and Soojung paced back and forth.
 
"Hey guys." Jongin waved, the others repeating as Soojung stopped abruptly, but after seeing it was them, relaxed and continued to pace, this time less anxiously.
 
"So we're just waiting for the others I guess." Luhan said. They nodded and sat down, deciding to wait until told to leave.
 
After years of waiting, the others entered the room and waited for Qian. When the general did enter, seven men, similar to the ones on the sheet he saw followed. They all wore suits, and everybody straightened up at the sight of them.
 
"Everyone, this is the Inspirit unit. Guys, you've already met the girls, but these men are-"
 
"E.X.O, or Exoplanet Xenon-infused Obedient subjects. The legends that started it all. How could we not know." One of them mused. "Sorry about that."
 
Qian smiled, showing she didn't mind. "It's nothing. But let's all head downstairs so we can go over this mission. We don't have all day, you know."

"That's a great plan," said the leader, whom introduced himself as Sunggyu, "You're a genius Victoria."

"Actually, the whole plan was created by Yifan and Joonmyun over there." Victoria pointed out, causing everybody to take interest.
 
"Really? Wow, they're better than I thought." Sunggyu praised. "So all we need is to know who's taking what job."
 
"I call dibs taking guard," Said Jinri and the one who went by Hoya at the same time.
 
"Sorry Sul, you're going to have to seduce Jungsoo's guard instead while Hoya does watch." Jinri frowned as Soojung blinked in confusion.
 
"If she's seducing the guard, then who's seducing Kim Jungsoo?" Soojung questioned. Both pairs of the leader's eyes fell on her and she groaned.
 
"You'll be seducing Kim Jungsoo while L will take the part of your husband, and he'll seduce Lee Giyoung." At these words Soojung when silent almost immediately and Joonmyun swore he saw Qian smirk in amusement.
 
"Luna, Woohyun, and Sungjong will all act as backup just in case something goes wrong, while Sungyeol, you will help Hoya keep guard. Dongwoo will assist Amber in the tech base. Any questions?" Sunggyu finished with assertive speech. Nobody asked any questions, so they moved on.
 
"Everybody else, all of us will be the the tech lab, and you'll get to see what it's like supervising everything." Qian spoke, "Let's all get prepared, no fooling around!" 
 
They all split up and began to do different things.
 
"Hey," called Sunggyu, and Joonmyun looked at the ground as he walked to him, "Kim Joonmyun."
 
"Yes?" He asked. Sunggyu smiled.
 
"I just wanted to let you know that the plan you and Yifan came up with was brilliant. No wonder Victoria chose you. I opted for one of the others, but now I see why she fought so hard." Fought so hard? Chose? Did Victoria choose him specifically? For what? "One more thing."
 
"What?" He asked curiously.
 
"Smile more. You look like those sad puppy commercials I use to skip on television." Sunggyu walked away and towards the rest of the Inspirit unit waiting for him as Joonmyun tugged at his lips self conciously.
 
"Joonmyun, what are you doing?" Qian asked him, gesturing  for him to follow, "We've got things to do, c'mon!" In response, Joonmyun mustered up a smile, following her to prepare for the first mission.

I'M CRYING THIS IS SO HORRIBLE (TT^TT)

I feel like tried to push so much plot into this chapter that didn't belong...it seems so rushed to me, but I had to post this because I didn't want to be editing this for ten years. I hope y'all enjoyed! We got some insight on the plot coming up, along with mentioning of VIXX + Red Velvet, and a special appearance from Infinite!

ALSO, SHIP INFO!

I'm basically going to list all of the ships people asked for, and the way it works is;

*You can only vote for a certain ship once a chapter                                                                                                                                                                      *really that's all

HERE ARE THE SHIPS;

KyungNa - 4
KrisBer - 2
SuStal - 2
LunChen - 2
KaiStal/SeStal triangle - 1
KaiLi - 1
SeSul - 1
TaoNa - 1
MyungStal - 1

I hope you enjoyed, have a great April Fool's!