Arc 1 - Scene 1

RED LIGHT: ACT ONE - Rebellion

He was going to die.

"Joonmyun!" cried out the girl next to him, tugging on his arm, "We need to go right now!" He couldn't move.

"Joonmyun what are you doing?" His friend yelled, "Run NOW!" 

His feet finally began to move as he stumbled towards his home in shock and fear. There were loud cries and footsteps everywhere around him, and he tripped, falling into a small puddle in the crevice of the dirt. He slowly pulled himself up and looked towards the sky . It was dark now, dark red, the color blood, and a disgusting green swilred to the center where a large asteriod with jagged crystals shot down.

And it flew right down towards him.

Joonmyun gasped as he was jolted awake on the stiff cot by a loud annoying buzzing sound. It was a mix between a beeping and buzzer, with the volume of an airhorn. This was a sound the young man was sadly used to. It had been years, but he wasn't sure of how long, only that it had been way longer than five, probably more than ten. He had grown accustommed to the small empty area he called home. White worn out paint covered the metal rooms, and a lone waterproof camera stood at the corner of the ceiling. The only thing in his room was his small drabby cot, the large iron door, which was extremely rusted, and the now empty tray of food. Home was home, whether he liked it or not. The loud crackle of an intercom was next, and he cringed at the loud voice of The Secretary.

"Send all subjects to Testing Room E, I repeat, send all subjects to Testing Room E immediately." Joonmyun sighed in despair, Testing Room E was his least favorite, but it wasn't like he had a choice.

The door slid open, and in entered a scientist with two soilders behind them, armed with tasers just in case he didn't move, or if they wanted to poke fun at him. Hopefully today was not one of those days. As the scientist and soilders approached, he turned around and held his arms behind him. He felt a pair of glowing handcuffs attach onto his wrist roughly, and the soilders nudged him towards the door.

The trip to Testing Room E was silent, as were all his trips. The scientists and soilders were informed not to talk toor associate with the 'subjects' unless given orders to. Joonmyun was surprised that he hadn't lost his voice by now. The long plain corridor was lined with iron doors, the other rooms containing his fellow 'subjects.' He was one of the first to be taken to the Testing Room, as subjects were to be taken to the room at seperate times so they couldn't interact. They communicated with each other anyways. Some were also more dangerous than others, and needed time to be handled before they could be taken to the Testing Room.

Before he knew it, Joonmyun had been stopped in front of a large door, labeled 'TESTING ROOM E.' The scientist moved towards the keypad and typed in a random code before typing in 2A7O. Joonmyun recognized this as his subject name, as the scientists and doctors had always used that instead of his real name. The large doors opened, revealing a dark elevator. He was pushed in roughly by a soilder, whom then followed him inside. The other soilder and scientist stayed on the other side as the door slid closed.

The elevator glided in many different directions, and all Joonmyun could see was darkness. The only sounds were the ones of the elevator's smooth movements and the soilder's light breathing. The elevator jerked to a stop, leaving him in front of large walls. This was known as 'The Maze.' All of Testing Room E were filled with these large labyrinths, and changed everytime.

The goal was to test intelligence, persistance, patience, and other things. When you were put in, you had to find your way out, and nobody would help you, and wouldn't until you were up to the point of near-death. The first time he was put in here, age 14, it took him five days to get out, and he was never fed all of them. It taught him his lesson quickly. Usually the first two subjects to escape would get some type of reward whether it be food. If you were the last two however, you had some sort of punishment.

"I said MOVE goddamnit!" Joonmyun was shoved out of his thoughs and the elevator by the aggravated soilder, and onto the cold dirty ground. The young man made a hissing sound as he scraped his knee on the ground. His loose white peasant shirt and dark trousers weren't much on his form, although it wasn't much of a problem. The elevator was long gone, and he slowly walked along the dirt path towards the large walls. He let out a breath as he entered, the wall behind him shut suddenly. There was no way out now. The intercom made a crackling sound.

"Welcome subjects, to Testing Room E. Your mission here is to test your intelligence, persistance, patience, and strength! As you may know, the first two to find their way out win a reward. Well today is quite a lucky day, because the first two to make it out will get to visit the surface!" At this, Joonmyun perked up in surprise, "Of course, power use will not be permittted, so if you use it, you automatically get put at the bottom two and recieve no food for the day. The last two to find their way out will have to go in Testing Room B together! Let's get started!"

Joonmyun instantly began walking forwards before making a left turn. The surface? No subject had been to the surface before. He needed to go. He needed to find his way out. Of course, Testing Room B was the worst room in the building. It was made when he was 12, and they would have all of their subjects fight each other in the room until one passed out, was seriously injured, or even died. Of course, that had never happened, but examples are examples for a reason.

He suddenly stopped in front of a space in the maze.

Why? Why would they let their subjects see the surface now of all times?  

Unless...

Unless they were planning something.

But what? What would they plan? They wouldn't kill them, they spent too much time, too many years, killing them now would be years of work lost. So, what?

Suddenly it hit him.

No, a bright red light hit him in his eyes, causing him to cringe. The alarm rang blaringly  in his ears, and the walls all came down. As he looked across all of those acres of nothing but ground, red lights, and alarms, he saw eleven other frozen figures just as confused as he was. A loud crackle cut off his thoughts.

"ALERT: THEY FOUND US, I REPEAT, THEY FOUND US," Was the panicked cry of The Secretary over the intercom, "THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I'M CONTACTING THE AUTHORITIES NOW, GO GET THE SUBJECTS IN TESTING ROOM E,LEAD THEM TOWARD THE EMERGENCY EXIT, BACKUPS GO FIGHT. DON'T LET THEM GET TO THE SUBJECTS, DON'T LET THEM-"

It was quiet. 

"What the hell is going on?!" yelled a tall figure in the distance. If he squinted hard enough he could see it as none other than Yifan. Suddenly, the room broke into loud complaints and yells of confusion. The elevator dinged, and dozens upon dozens of soilders poured into the room. 

"HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACKS NOW!" One yelled out. They all shut up and obidiently did as said. Handcuffs were hastily thrown on his wrists, and he was roughly pushed towards a wall. A soilder ran up to the keypad on the wall and punched in a set of numbers. It beeped, and the door opened to reveal a large truck, usually used for criminals. In this case, them. 

All twelve of the young men were shoved into the back, as another pair of soilders ran to the front seats. They then shut the doors closed, and trusk began speeding off. Out onto the surface.

"! It's them!" A soilder cursed, fear in his voice. The truck began to speed more, and Joonmyun couldn't think straight with all the commotion. The others next to him didn't speak either. Suddenly, the truck came to a stop, and bullets shot suddenly. He couldn't see much, but he knew that the soilders were dead. A figure dragged both bodies out, and two jumped in. Both were females, one shorter with tanner skin then the taller, paler one. 

"Is it them?" The shorter one asked from the driver's side, as the truck pulled off with high speed. The taller one shifted, turned around and looked straight at him. They locked eye contact for a moment, before a dark slight smirk covered her face.

"Yup, it's them." 


Sorry for the wait! My tablet broke, so I had nothing to type on. My mom let me use her laptop, but I had barely any time, so this chapter probably . I changed the Foreword, so please reread it if you want to. I mean it's basically the same so...

Anyways, comment if you want to, please be nice ^.^

Have an awesome day!