Love Will Lead Us Back - 5

Love Will Lead Us Back

 

5

 

To their luck, the hospital ran out of doctors to treat grandpa. Everyone is busy attending emergency because of the bus accident that morning. The hospital is in full action because of it.

 

A nurse came out of the emergency room, So Min asked, “How is my grandpa?”

 

“We are still waiting for a doctor to look.”

 

“What kind of hospital is this?! My father might die!”

 

“Sorry, but everyone is occupied by the accident earlier, if you may excuse me.” The nurse said she was obviously on a rush. Hyun Joong grabbed the nurse’s wrist and asked, “I’m a doctor at Seoul General Hospital maybe I can help,” he offered. So Min almost forgot that he is one, so when she heard it together with Aunt Mary and Grandma their eyes had some light.

 

“Sure, but we should get the approval from the administrators,” the nurse said approvingly. Hyun Joong gave them a look and followed the nurse.

 

From the hospital buzz here and there, Hyun Joong got the consent of the administrator and went on the emergency room to treat grandpa. He was being extra careful knowing that he’s treating a family member. He can’t afford to lose focus and make a wrong move knowing that the man he treats is the loving grandfather of his wife. Pressure was really on him.

 

After an hour grandpa was transferred to his room. “Where is Dr. Kim?” So Min asked to the staff nurse that fixes grandpa in his sleep.

 

“He’s at the emergency room extending some more help,” the nurse answered, “Just give us a call when something is up.”

 

“Thank you,” So Min bowed as well as Aunt Mary.

 

Grandma was already settled to grandpa’s side to watch him closely. She held his hands tight to make him feel that she was there.

 

“Mom, I think you should rest,” Aunt Mary said as she caressed grandma’s back, “He’ll be okay.”

 

“No, I will stay here until he wakes up.”

 

“But grandma, what if you get sick too?”

 

“Don’t worry about me…Please pass my deepest thank you to Hyun Joong.” Grandma can feel the worries of So Min for Hyun Joong as he gets on with grandpa.

 

So Min remained silent and looked at her aunt who was smiling at her. She can feel the warmness of everyone towards Hyun Joong including her but deep inside her mind, a point says that they are now divorced. They were no longer husband and wife in papers, though they are still in their hearts.

 

--------------------------------

 

It has been a week but grandpa is still in the hospital and Hyun Joong got himself serving in the hospital too. So Min and Hyun Joong frequently sees each other around but it is too short because of Hyun Joong’s patients. He’s being quite popular that many especially ask him to be their doctor and it irritates So Min.

 

When she finally had the courage to have a good sit down talk to him it’s also the time he’s being a doctor again. She can also feel the look the females are giving him.

 

“So Min wait,” Hyun Joong called when he noticed her pass by the lobby, “So Min.” She saw and heard him but she ignored him and continued walking until he grabbed her.

 

“So Min please?” he asked pleadingly. He can’t completely explain why So Min is on her mood swings lately. One time she is good to him and most of the time she ignores him like a stranger. There was one time when she prepared him a lunch and ate with him, he felt their relationship is getting better again, but now she is ignoring him.

 

She was simply irritated, “What do you want?”

 

“Can we just talk?”

 

“About what? I already said my thank you and everyone’s thank you for treating grandpa.”

 

“About us.”

 

“There are no more us and besides---” Hyun Joong saw the shining ring on her finger and smiled to himself.

 

‘I really don’t mind spending 5,000 dollars for our wedding ring.’

 

“Dr. Kim, thank you for treating my daughter so well,” an ahjumma filled the brewing silence between, “My pleasure,” Hyun Joong smiled politely to them to and immediately turned his stare back to So Min.

 

“Aigoo! You are a really nice fine young man Dr. Kim no wonder my daughter has a little for you,” the ahjumma winked at her blushing daughter and pushed her beside him. This did not slipped from So Min’s eyes as what Hyun Joong wished, she glared at him and stomped off.

 

He didn’t even notice that she was gone as she was too occupied from the mother and daughter tandem of grabbing his attention.

 

So Min as walking towards her grandfather’s while saying light curses and mumbles words statement that even I can’t decipher, but it must be about Hyun Joong.

 

“So Min, you okay?”

 

So Min woke up from her own little world and answered with sarcasm, “VERY much.”

 

Auntie Mary felt creepy from her answer and just decided to continue cutting apples from the couch.

 

So Min came to her grandpa’s side and had a little talk to him about anything that can be talked about. They had no fixed topic because she is still affected by the girl and her mother obviously flirting with her husband, ex-husband correction.

 

“So Min,” her grandfather called for the third time.

 

“Yes grandpa?”

 

“Are you okay? You look pale.”

 

“Sh! You’re the one who’s sick and I’m not. I’m feeling very healthy.”

 

“You sure?” So Min nodded with a big smile, but deep inside her she knows she is emotionally disturbed by Hyun Joong. Come on! She can’t tell her grandfather that or else she won’t have a break from his blabbering, that’s what she expects.

 

Aunt Mary had her eyes on So Min lately; she completely caught the sudden changes from her mood and actions every time she enters the hospital door. She has to investigate about it, she thought together with grandfather who was acting like he believes her lies.

-----------------------

Nyaaah! I knoow this chapter is shorter than the usual. Forgive me for that, I just want to update. I'm too lazy to encode the story from my notebook. Is there a software where I can transfer all of this? Nyaaah! Kidding. Thank you!