Love Will Lead Us Back - 4

Love Will Lead Us Back

 

4

 

It has been a week since Hyun Joong got in the island; he never failed to try to talk to her since then. He will be there in the morning, afternoon, and even in the night. Grandpa would drive him out every time, but he will surely be back after some time.

 

Their neighbors even noticed this young man doing all his might just to talk to her wife. They even praised him with his efforts in front of grandpa, but grandpa was just too stone hearted. He would just walk out and ignore them.

 

One time, Hyun Joong even sung a song in front of the gate with a guitar from lent from a neighbor. Others found it very romantic, but not grandpa who set his radio on high tone.

 

“Don’t worry young man. So Min surely heard you.” One commented. Hyun Joong just smiled to this kind hearted neighbor.

 

Hyun Joong looked up in the window and saw his wife watching him. Their eyes met for a while and she quickly closed the window. He smiled to himself when he saw her. He knows that slowly he is melting the strong So Min.

 

‘So Min you’re just being stubborn from what you do.’ He thought as he smiled again.

 

‘Crap! He surely knows how to appease me.’ She thought as she closed the window.

 

“That song surely got you.” Aunt Mary said startling So Min. “Darling, you don’t have to hide from me.” She said as she sat near So Min.

 

“Auntie.” So Min smiled shyly to her.

 

“You’re just being childish continuing all of this.” Aunt Mary said and fixed So Min’s hair.

 

She hugged her aunt and smiled. “You really know me too well. Auntie, I just realized that I didn’t mean divorcing him. I’m just too hyped up by my emotions. I didn’t even remove my wedding ring all this time.” Aunt Mary let out a chuckle.

 

“You’re a teacher but you yourself are childish.” Aunt Mary said as she released from the hug and looked at her. “He never failed to be here since the first day.”

 

“I know.”

 

“It’s been a week. He didn’t touch his medical coat for a week for you.”

 

“He loves the feeling of the coat than my hug.”

 

“So Min, you’re husband is a doctor. Could you imagine how many lives he saves every day? How many lives are waiting for his return in Seoul?” So Min looked at her Auntie, waiting for more of her explanations. “Darling, he may not attend your date and taken you for granted how many times but in his heart and mind he is all doing everything for you.”

 

“He doesn’t even need to work 24/7, we have enough resources.”

 

“It’s just not about it. You remember how Dad hates him for you right?” So Min nodded. “I think he is working for three things. One is for your future. Two is for his patients. Three is for your grandfather.”

 

“Grandpa?”

 

“He wants to prove himself to your grandpa. Dad underestimated him for uncountable times in front of us. So Min, he is a man. He has a pride to take care of.”

 

“Why? I thought he forgot everything.”

 

“He may not talk about it but deep inside him, no. You know man has a very big pride. Think about it.” Aunt Mary said and stood up to leave her.

 

“Thank you Auntie.” So Min smiled. “Good night.”

 

“Remember, you are very lucky to have him as your husband. Get him before the hawks around the town gets him.”

 

She laid in her bed and thinks of him and the best ways to tell him that she apologizes from everything.

 

‘What? Someone is eyeing on him?! He’ll be dead if I know that he entertains some of those hawks!’ She thought as she sat up on her bed.

 

-----------------------

 

The next morning, grandma and Aunt Mary were up early to be in the market. They were in the way when Hyun Joong saw them. He eagerly followed them and helped them in carrying.

 

“You shouldn’t be doing such tough jobs. A doctor like you shouldn’t be carrying such heavy bags.” Grandma said to Hyun Joong.

 

“Grandma no worries.” He said worriedly. “I can’t see you both struggling with this.”

 

“You’re really a good man. I just don’t know why those two are being like this to you.” Grandma said as he patted Hyun Joong’s arms.

 

“Maybe, I may not be a good as you think but I definitely work hard to be the best man for So Min. I want her to be happy in my side.”

 

“She is happy; she is just too spoiled that’s why.”

 

After some time, they reached the house. Grandma let Hyun Joong to enter the house. He didn’t refuse because it is a big chance to get to see So Min up close and even talk to her.

 

He placed everything in the kitchen and thanked grandma for letting him in. Grandma just smiled at him. Aunt Mary just looked at him furiously; she was obviously waiting for something from him.

 

“So Min is in the room. Mary please led him there.” Grandma winked.

 

“What about grandpa?” He asked, remembering how scary grandpa is.

 

Grandma just smiled at him and proceeds to organize the things. Far from Hyun Joong’s knowledge, grandpa already saw him entering their gate. He hid in the back of the house and gave him some way.

 

Hyun Joong’s eyes were wandering while they were walking, “Aunt Mary,” he called. She looked at him and smiled reassuringly.

 

His heart was pounding wildly from excitement and nervousness. He was ready to catch every slap and smack he will receive from her. Aunt Mary stopped in front of the door, “She’s inside. She’s still asleep, I guess.” She patted him at his back and went ahead.

 

He slowly opened the door and entered quietly, getting ready for a big defense. He looked around the room and saw her, silently sleeping. He walked towards her and sat on the bed. He caressed his face and smiled to himself. He missed doing that for the past months; he missed her, so much. He felt reenergized as he slowly touched her skin, again.

 

“I love you.” He whispered, but she was still sleeping.

 

Hyun Joong saw some pile of papers from the desk and examined each; there he saw the divorce agreement. He was so mad to himself for not observing each paper he was signing. He crumpled the paper, “You will always be my wife”, he said with determination.

 

So Min slowly opened her eyes and saw this familiar figure across her bed. Her eyes grew wider and gasped from surprise. She pretended to sleep, because she didn’t know what to do. Her mind was still in shambles, but her feeling is so sure. She can’t deny that fact. She can’t teach her heart to feel what her mind wants to.

 

He walked back to the bed and slid under the blanket and made himself comfortable.

 

‘What do you think you’re doing?! You jerk!’ She shouted inside her mind, when she felt him.

 

“Hmm. You sleeping beauty, when will you wake up?” He asked as he stared closely at her.

 

So Min couldn’t take it anymore, she opened her eyes and stared at him.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” She asked which startled Hyun Joong. She pushed him but he was stronger, he grabbed her and hugged her tight.

 

She was struggling and his hold to her was getting tighter.

 

“So Min, please stay still. I just want to talk to you.”

 

“Talk?!” She asked, “Then release me!”

 

“But please, let me hold you first. I miss you so much.” He slowly said as he kissed her forehead. So Min stopped from struggling and was frozen.

 

So Min was fighting the urge to hug him back, she can’t deny the fact that she missed him, missed him so much.

 

‘So Min! Compose yourself!’ She thought as she holds her hand back from its position.

 

“So Min, I love you. Sorry for taking you for granted. Sorry for forgetting our date. Sorry for keeping you to wait. Sorry for being a bad husband. Sorry if my love for you is not enough.” He said as a tear fell from his eyes, reaching So Min’s forehead.

 

So Min’s heart was seriously melting, she wants to say to him that everything is her fault but she was sobbing very hard. Every tear she shreds defines how sorry she was for him.

 

‘What happened to you my dear husband? Why do you look so worn out? Is it because of me? Did you really miss me that much?’ She thought.

 

Only sobs was heard from the entire room.

 

“Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad!” Aunt Mary shouts from the backyard. “So Min! So Min! Dad needs help!” She shouted more.

 

“Grandpa.” So Min managed to say in between her sobs.

 

They both stood up and rushed at the back yard. So Min run to her unconscious grandpa, grandma was also there, crying hard.

 

“Grandpa….” So Min cries.

 

Hyun Joong just stood there, he felt loss, and he forgot that he is a doctor. Thanks to So Min’s tears he woke up from his lost thought. He pulled the crying ladies far from grandpa and carried grandpa inside the house, there he did some first aid and ordered them to call an ambulance.

 

“Thank you.” So Min cried in his arms behind the hospital walls.

 

----------------------------------------

See you guys after finals :) Thanks for dropping by ;)