Love Will Lead Us Back - 2

Love Will Lead Us Back

 

2

 

After three days of not going home and after signing the divorce papers. He was home. He found the house completely empty.

 

“So Min?” He called from the living room no one was answering. “She will put a note in the fridge if she goes to the market. I sent her a message to tell her I’m going home.” He said and flipped his phone, he called her.

 

A phone was ringing inside their bedroom; he smiled when he found it.

 

“Very careless.” He commented and noticed the letter behind the phone. He got nervous when he saw it. His heart was beating in a fast track as he read it.

 

He walked around the bedroom to check their closet. He can’t believe anything; he just stared at the empty closet. He lost his strength and slowly sat on the floor still holding the letter and he read it again to make everything clear in his mind.

 

As his consciousness finally got what’s inside the letter tears helplessly flowed out of his eyes. The letter being wet by his tears slightly the words in there getting erased.

 

Sitting with tears in his eyes he smelled the perfume of So Min. He immediately stood up as he believes that she just left.

 

He runs through the building to find her. He just stopped when the securities have told him that she left yesterday morning.

 

“!” He cursed. He was going nuts thinking where on earth she would go. He called Mina to beg for So Min’s whereabouts, but even she didn’t know.

 

So Min was been crazy filing a divorce and now disappearing without the knowledge of everyone. She totally lost her right mind because of being a freak wife and a crazy lover.

 

------------------------------

 

Without the knowledge of her father in America, So Min flew to Jeju Island; the place where she grew and had those memories not involving Hyun Joong. The only place that he and she didn’t had a memory to remember. The fresh air and the cool breeze of the sea is what she’s longing for, plus the warmness of the people in there.

 

She pressed the doorbell of the huge white house in front of her. ‘Nothing changed.’ She thought. Her old maid aunt opened the door and jumped to her as soon as she saw her.

 

“What a surprise So Min!” She welcomed as soon as they release from the hug. So Min’s eyes wandered through the inside of the house. “They are at your mother’s grave.” Aunt Mary said.

 

“Is that so?” So Min said as she entered the house. Her first piece of artwork welcomed her in the porch. It was the first painting she did out of her canvas. She was dying to have a canvas like the pro painters but her parents didn’t buy her one since they knew how bad she is in painting. Thanks to her grandparents, she had one and that painting; they see it as abstract though she firmly says it’s their family. She smiled as she traced her fingers through the frame.

 

“Mom and Dad won’t let that off from there.” Aunt Mary commented.

 

“I guess every visitor is getting goose bumps by that.” She smiled back.

 

“Have you eaten?”

 

“Yeah. While on the plane.”

 

“Where is your husband?”

 

So Min was taken aback, she held her breath for a moment while looking at her aunt with scared eyes. She knows how badly her grandfather hates Hyun Joong for her. Her grandfather will surely scold her a thousand times because of this. ‘Crap! I think I went on the wrong place.’ She thought as she remembers how her grandfather reacted on her engagement with him.

 

The door opened and her heart beat faster from excitement and fears over the blabbing of her grandfather. So Min slightly bends on her chair to breathe before appearing in front of her protective grandparents.

 

“Who is our visitor?” Her grandma asked as she saw the luggage in the doorway. “So Min?” She asked as she examined the luggage.

 

“So Min? How could that be? Its school season, she can’t be here.” Grandpa commented from what he heard.

 

“It’s really me.” So Min stood up and run to her grandparents. She gave them a really big hug and so as them. From that hug So Min can’t help herself not to cry. Tears were flowing endlessly from her eyes. Her grandparents were startled that they kept on telling her to stop crying and tell them what happened. She continued to cry and cry until she fell asleep on her own room.

 

--------------------

 

“I wonder what happened to my princess.” Grandma said as she left So Min’s room.

 

“She didn’t say anything?” Grandpa asked. Grandma shook her head. “What about her dad? He must know something. Call him.”

 

“Sheesh! So Min is grown up now. She’s even married for heaven’s sake.” Grandma said, completely irritated to grandpa. He did shut up but it was even scarier, he was thinking deeply.

 

Walking back and forth from the study room, he finally came up with a suspicion. He dialed some numbers to get some news but he was disappointed. After his call, a call gets on the line from its ring tone he knew it was from abroad.

 

“Hello?” He answered calmly.

 

“Hello Dad. This is Matthew.” It was So Min’s Dad.

 

“Oh Matthew. It’s been a long time. How are you?”

 

“I’m good Dad. I bet So Min is there.”

 

“She’s here. What exactly happened to her? She came here crying like a baby, good thing she fell asleep. She wasn’t saying anything. Do you know anything?” Grandpa said nonstop.

 

Matthew did breathe before breaking up the news.

 

“Uhm. Dad I hope you won’t retort about this. This is also hard for her. I hope you would not fuss about this.” Matthew said trying to calm Grandpa.

 

“Just tell me what it is!” Grandpa said getting annoyed.

 

“Hyun Joong and So Min divorced.” Matthew said, getting the phone off his ear.

 

“WHAT?! I knew it! That man was no good for my princess! This is what I’m telling from the start. You should have listened to me from the first place Matthew. Why? Don’t tell me he cheated on So Min?! I will make sure he will regret id he did. But I thank him.” Grandpa said yelling on the phone, completely mad of what happened.

 

“Dad. Dad. Dad. Please calm down. I also don’t know the reason. She needs space and time. I’ll talk to her about this when she is okay. I gotta go now Dad. Take care. Please be good.”

 

“Okay. I will shut up until So Min gets better but don’t expect me to keep silent about this.” Grandpa threatened.

 

---------------------------------

 

Hyun Joong was in his office checking his patients’ records. As his back rested on his chair, he saw their honeymoon picture in New York. Memories came rushing in his mind one-by-one, their shared trip, her smiles, laughs, and giggles ate up his mind. He threw up all the papers on his table; accidentally one of his colleagues entered his office.

 

“Dr. Kim, calm down. We are in the hospital.” Dr. Song said in a friendly tone. He wasn’t just a colleague to him; he was also his best friend way back in med school. “Hyun Joong you shouldn’t have come here if you’re not in the mood.”

 

“I’m sorry. Don’t worry, I’m okay.” Hyun Joong said as he stood up to collect the papers.

 

“Definitely you’re not. Look at you! You’re like a zombie lately. How can you treat patients if you’re sick yourself?”

 

“I’m not sick.”

 

“Oh come on! We are in the same field Hyun Joong, you may not be sick physically, but emotionally you are helpless.”

 

“Just leave me alone.” He said after gathering the papers.

 

“I know how you worked hard to be where you are right now. So, please fix yourself first. You can’t just afford to lose both. You already lose her, don’t add your profession.”

 

“How can I be so careless to her? I’ve been a good doctor to my patients. But, I’ve been the worst husband. If I could just trade this off, I will definitely choose to be the best husband.”

 

“Hyun Joong don’t say that. You’ve work a thousand harder than any other doctor in here.”

 

“I’ve worked millions times in courting her and her family.”

 

“Hyun Joong, I’m here as your friend not a colleague. I exactly know how you’ve been through just to face her in the aisle. You came from a not-so well known family and she came from a well known family. Your worlds are very different but you made it.”

 

“And I lost it.” He interrupted, he run his hand thru his hair and he said, “I’m such a big airhead! I’m working hard to please her family. I’m trying to be the best doctor just to have her family’s respect on me.” He said completely frustrated from his situation. He dunked his head from all the papers on his table.

 

“Man! She definitely loves you and her family definitely loves her and you definitely love her.”

 

“But I lost her.”

 

“So what are you doing right now? Being wasted and crappy won’t make her way back to you. Man, she fought for you, why don’t you do the same thing now?”

 

“But her family--”

 

“Your too occupied from pleasing her family. Can’t you see it? She doesn’t care if her family dislikes you, what important to her is you. And you totally taken her for granted.” His friend said as he patted his back, more like of a smack to wake him up.

 

“Can you please help me?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“Please take care of my leave.” He said as he stood up and grabbed his coat.

 

“What friends are for?!” He shouted as he smiled. “Here is the job of a good friend.” He said as he browsed through the patient’s record.

 

-----------------------------

 

‘He’s right. I just can’t be as crumpled as I can be. I will bring her back to me even if it means to go through hell again.’ He thought as he drove to the school were So Min works. He was left there disappointed because no one in the school knows her whereabouts and if they know they will definitely keep quiet about it.

 

He sat on the swing just before the kids dismissed from their class. As kids were running helplessly in the grounds, he smiled remembering how he and So Min were building their dreams in the same place.

 

“You are Teacher So Min’s husband right?” He nodded. “Why did you make teacher cry? And now she’s gone. There would be no one to make me smile when my friends tease me.” The boy said with a sad face.

 

“Do you miss her?” Hyun Joong asked and he nodded. “I’ll bring her back not for you but for me.” He said with determination in his tone.

-------------------------------------------

Mamsi for you :>

Any violent reactions? Drop them off below! 

I will try to defend myself. LOL.