Love Will Lead Us Back - 3

Love Will Lead Us Back

 

3

 

It has been weeks since Hyun Joong seeks help from a detective, but there wasn’t single information found.

 

“Her best friend surely knows where she is.”

 

“I know. I already begged her for a thousand times but she won’t tell. She doesn’t even know the feeling of losing because she has been alone all her life.” Hyun Joong said.

 

He thought about it and looked at his friend, Jae.

 

“Oi! Oi! Don’t look at me like that.” Jae defensively said.

 

“Jae, Mina is pretty. You two will look good together.”

 

“Hey! I just took up all your duty.”

 

“Jae just think of it” Hyun Joong paused to breathe hard and then continued, “We will both gain from here. You get a girlfriend and I get my wife back.”

 

“NO! Hell no!”

 

“Jae, we’ve been friends in med school and I helped you a lot----”

 

“Okay! It’s a yes! Just stop ranting about the past.” Jae said raising his white flag.

 

As Hyun Joong planned, he set up Jae and Mina to a date. First date was successful and is followed by another, and another. The two surely got admiration from each other.

 

Jae almost forgot his mission, as he was surely into Mina right now. Two hearts in love sure go crazy and take up their whole being. With Hyun Joong’s determination in bugging Jae, they got up So Min’s whereabouts. Hyun Joong didn’t even waste another second he directly fly off to Jeju Island, with his determination to bring her back.

 

--------------------------

 

“I’m in the airport already. Thanks Jae.”

 

“You’re welcome. Everything is up to you now.”

 

“I know. Just take care of Mina.”

 

“I will.”

 

---------------------------

 

“To this address please.” He politely said to the cab driver.

 

After 25 minutes of drive he was dropped off to a big house. The house was definitely big and classy. ‘Just how she described’, thought as he saw it.

 

His heart was pounding hard as he pressed the door bell. He knows how scary So Min’s grandpa is. He was totally against him for So Min. It was just that So Min is the only granddaughter he has, so he attended their wedding. He can clearly remember how he glared at him throughout the whole ceremony.

 

*Door bell rung.*

 

“I’ll get the door Auntie!” So Min said from the living room. “Who is it?”

 

“So Min?” He asked as he saw her.

 

So Min’s whole body froze as soon as she heard and saw him. She wants to run and hide from the door, but her foot was numb. Tears were the only thing that moves out of her. Endless tears came rushing out of her small eyes.

 

“What are you doing here?” She managed to ask in between her tears.

 

“So Min, please let’s talk.” He pleaded.

 

“So Min what took you so long?” Grandpa asked from the door. He saw Hyun Joong outside and immediately went to grab So Min. “You punk! What the hell are you doing in here?”

 

“I just want to talk to my wife, grandpa.”

 

“You don’t have a wife here. You went on the wrong place.” He said as he pushed, So Min inside.

 

“Grandpa please. So Min?” He begged once again.

 

“Leave now!!” Grandpa ordered.

 

“So Min! Please! Can we just talk?”

 

“Leave! She doesn’t want to talk to you!”

 

“Grandpa, please! I need to explain to her.”

 

“No need. Whatever has to be done has been done. And that is thanks to you.” Grandpa said and turned his back to him. “One more thing, don’t call me grandpa. We are not family and we’ve never been.” Grandpa said as he closed the door.

 

“So Min!! Please!!” He shouted.

 

So Min was inside the house crying in her grandmother’s shoulder. She didn’t say anything; she just cried her heart out.

 

Hours passed.

 

“Hyun Joong its better if you leave for now. She is not yet ready to face you.” Auntie said.

 

“Auntie, please tell them I won’t leave here unless she talks to me.” Hyun Joong said firmly.

 

“Hyun Joong, just leave for now. Grandpa won’t let her talk to you. Just be back after some time. So Min loves you very much, she just needs time. Trust me.” Auntie assured.

 

“Auntie, please tell her I love her.”

 

“She knows it.”

 

“Just in case she forgets.” Hyun Joong said and walked away.

 

So Min just watched him from the window of her room.

 

‘You jerk! I hate you!’ She thought.

 

------------------------

 

Hyun Joong checked in a hotel near So Min’s house. When he got to his room, he immediately plumped his body to the bed. After some time he fall into sleep.

 

*Dream*

 

“Grandpa, we are getting married.” So Min excitedly said to her grandpa, showing her engagement ring to them.

 

“Congratulations, my dear princess.” Grandma said and gave her a hug.

 

“Congratulations, So Min!” Aunt Mary said and gave her a hug.

 

“Grandpa?” So Min called her grandpa sweetly. “Aren’t you happy for me?”

 

“I will be happy if you’ll marry a finer man than that bastard. What’s so good about being a doctor? He didn’t even come from a good family. You’ll meet finer man than that one.” Grandpa commented as he stood up from his seat and walked out the room.

 

“He is the best man for me because we love each other.” So Min said defending Hyun Joong.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll talk to your grandpa.” Grandma said assuring So Min and Hyun Joong, and then she followed Grandpa with Aunt Mary.

 

“I’m sorry.” So Min said as he touched Hyun Joong’s hands. He just smiled to her and squeezed her hand. “Don’t worry I’ll talk to grandpa. Maybe he is just being this because I’m his only granddaughter.” She said and placed her head in his shoulder. He didn’t say a word. “Come on. We should be happy, we’re getting married. Even Dad is so happy about this.”

 

“I know.” He said weakly.

 

So Min noticed that he is still hurt about what her grandpa said, so she gave him a kiss.

 

“I don’t care whether the whole family is against you. I love you and I know you love me too, so we will stay together.” She said with determination. “So, these lips are mine.” She said sweetly with that he gently grabbed her face and kissed her, to answer that he will stay with her no matter what.

 

“They are yours from the moment they touched yours.” He smiled to her and hugged her tight.

 

*Dream*

 

Hyun Joong woke up from his sleep and it’s near dinner time. He just washed up and went on to a restaurant to eat. A pretty lady approached him and took his orders.

 

‘’This waitress is surely irritating.’ He thought when he noticed that she kept an eye for him. When the waitress arrived to give his bill, he purposely showed his wedding ring to her, so she will shut up. After paying he simply walked away from the restaurant.

 

As he walked from the island, he missed So Min. He missed how they shared their honeymoon back in New York. Though he is a doctor he is not fluent in English, it was always thanks to his wife when they did shopping and roam around the city. He smiled to himself as he remembered the happy days.

 

“Hey Jae! What’s up?”

 

“I should be the one asking you. How was it?”

 

“Not good. I saw her but she doesn’t want to talk to me. Grandpa is sure hella scary.”

 

“Man, you know that her grandpa is scary from the start. You don’t have to be scared this time, just bring back your wife and get back on the hospital! I never thought you handle the scariest cases in here. They are killing me!” Jae complained.

 

“I know you will complain about that. Thanks Jae!”

 

“Kidding aside, I hope for the best for you man.”Jae said in a brotherly tone.

 

“Thanks bro!”

 

-----------------------------

 

So Min doesn’t have any appetite for dinner, she just stayed up in her room, crying her eyes out again. She wonders how the hell he knew that she’s here.

 

“Mina really has a big mouth.” She said when she remembered that only Mina knows that she is here. She didn’t dare to argue with her because he’s there already. She’s not really ready to talk to him, because she is afraid to be persuaded in no time.

 

She went through her bag and saw the divorce letter; she just stared at it rereading everything.

 

“I surely made this all just because he wasn’t there in our wedding monthsaries. Stupid.” She muttered and put back the divorce papers in her bag. Then, she saw her wedding ring in her finger. She smiled and said, “Did I really mean any of this? I didn’t even remove you. So Min you need to grow up!”

 

Grandpa happened to be behind her door and heard everything she said.

 

“You’re always been childish.” He smiled to her and gently closed her door. “Youths these days don’t think twice before doing anything.” He said as he walks far from her room.

 

‘You both need a lesson.’ He thought and smiled.

 

------------------------------------------

Thanks for wasting your time reading :)