oo5

Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinah experienced an aching in her heart, but it was nothing compared to what the person at the door felt. His eyes narrowed onto Eunjung's happy face and her hands that were held by a man that he did not know of, but he already felt hatred towards this stranger. It didn't take long for him to piece one and one together, and the news hit him without any reservation. They were like daggers hurled at him without him having a chance to defend himself. His fist was so tightly clenched he could feel the nails dig into his palms harshly, feeling they could break the skin.

No one had warned him, or even suggested this other realm of reality to him. He knew pain, and his hands did hurt, but he never knew the hurt one could experience when your heart was ripped into pieces, and how he could feel the throbbing all over his body. Until now. Everything...until now.

 

 

Lay slowly walked out from the kitchen, led by the laughter he found oddly familiar. Just as he was approaching the table where Jinah was sitting with Eunjung, a figure standing at the entrance of the cafe caught his attention. Due to the figure being backlit, Lay couldn't make out who it was. Before he could take a closer look, the figure turned around and quickly stalked off, head down and shoulders slumped.

The dejection radiated surprised Lay as he involuntarily walked over to the door for another glance but was a tad too late as the figure's back fully vanished and blended into the backdrop of the busy street, leaving Lay in uncertainty and curiousity.

"Oppa!" Eunjung greeted loudly as she saw Lay make his way to their table.

"Eunjung-ah. Nice to see you again." Lay smiled in reply. It wasn’t a surprise to him due to past experiences when Eunjung visited the cafe. He rarely stayed to welcome her though, managing to go missing until she left. Jinah always found it strange but never enquired as she was the one who consistently displayed her expertise in the field of running away from questions. He must be very good at it now too, after all, he did observe the best in action.

Jinah turned around to find comfort in Lay who stood behind her chair. She was lost and unable to think, needing someone to be with her. Lay, who was smiling in Eunjung's direction exchanged his once cheerful expression for one of worry. One glimpse of her expression related back to him a thousand words. The loss, the frustration, the pain, it was unmistakable.

For the first time, Jinah wasn't holding back her feelings, everything just laid on on face.

"Oppa? Oppa!"

"Huh? Yeah Eunjung? You were saying?"

"Aish...you and eonni are acting so weird today. Is something wrong?"

"N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter