oo2

Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"One black coffee sir. Enjoy."

A little over year ago, Kim Jongin stepped into Angel cafe, or in other words, a whole new world.

He was wrapped over Jinah's coffee making skills. Who knew that a simple black coffee could taste so good?

Every morning on the way to work, Jongin would make his way to the cafe to get his daily dose of caffeine. Sometimes, he would even drop by during his break or after work and chat awhile. The two were suprised how their friendship has progressed so quickly, just over coffee.

Jongin was still as distant but Jinah could understand him, even though he only spoke of less than 5 words at a time. They both felt at ease with each other, feeling a special bond connecting each other. Maybe they both were meant to cross paths and become good friends.

"So did Eunjung like the gift?" Jinah sat opposite of the man, raising her cup to her lips.

"She loved it. As always, you know how to pick the best gifts."

Eunjung had always been a common topic between the two. She was Jongin's younger sister, but they weren't blood related. She was adopted by Jongin's father after her parents passed away in a car crash when she was 8. As a close family friend, Mr Kim felt responsible to take care of the poor orphan, and therefore took her under his care.

Jongin instantly fell in love with the innocent-looking girl when he first laid eyes on her. He vowed to never let harm upon her and promised to marry her when they were older. Aged 18 now, Eunjung had big, bright eyes and small cherry lips that made her look like a doll, especially with her petite built. She was the kind of girl that other girls were envious of, but they couldn't hate her because of her great personality. Being the person Jinah picked out the present for a year back, Jinah could understand why Jongin was so infatuated with the girl. Who wouldn't?

At 4pm, Jongin stepped into the cafe, looking for a particular familiar face. He had something important to announce and was excited. Seeing his target behind the counter drawing art onto a latte, he made himself comfortable on his usual seat and waited for Jinah to be done.

Feeling eyes on her, she looked up and saw the ever so handsome Kim Jongin sitting at a table, small smile playing on his lips. She raised a brow. He never smiled often, but when he did, it somehow melts her heart. 

Finishing up and preparing Jongin's favourite black coffee, a slice of carrot cake and a cup of coffee for herself, Jinah walked over and sat opposite of him. Maybe it was a coincidence, but everyday at 4 the cafe would only have a few people coming and going, leaving the both around 30 min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter