oo4

Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That night, Jinah tossed and turned in bed. Her mind was reeling, and she was beginning to have a headache.

3 am isn't a good time to make decisions, Jinah! Go to bed!

Her head was arguing with her heart.

Let it go. You'll be happier without him.

Let.

Go.

 

 

Jinah woke up extra early the next morning and took out the iced spoons she tucked in the freezer when she got home the night before. She figured that she would need them in the morning, and she was right as she observed her puffy red eyes in the mirror.

I'm such a mess...how did I end up like this?

Shaking her head in dismay, she took a deep breath and cleared her head. It felt as if it was ready to burst after all that she put it through yesterday night.

Lee Jinah, you need to set your priorities straight. Stop caring, or thinking, just...stop.

She splashed a few handfuls of icy water on her face. Taking the clothes off the rack behind the door when she was done, she proceeded to dress and get ready for work. A ruthless day lay ahead, filled with harsh truths she would have to face one by one, each cutting into her like a sharp knife, but it was alright. She just needed to endure so much before the pain goes away – if, the pain was to ever disappear.

 

 

It only took one look at Jinah for Lay to drop everything from his hands and come running to her.

"Jinah...what happened? Are you okay?" He put his hands on her shoulders, his brow furrowed in worry.

"Truthfully...I'm not. But...I will be." She sighed in reply, touching her swollen eyes and getting reminded of last night,

Lay studied her closely with pursed lips, trying to figure out the mixed emotions through her avoiding eyes. She looked peaceful enough but he was worried. Peace before a storm, they say, and that was what scared him the most.

"I will be, really. Just you watch." Jinah forced a smile after noting his worry, comforting him. She knew what it felt like to watch loved ones in pain yet not being able to do anything about it. The helplessness was overwhelming; no way would she have wanted Lay to experience it too.

 “What happened yesterday?” Lay asked.

“I’m...letting go."

"Jinah..." Lay looked at the girl with sad, compassionate eyes.

"I'm serious. I'm probably going to be a bridesmaid at their wedding. My job is done here."

Funny how the mind works. I help him win but I e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter