oo3

Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pulling into the Kim mansion's driveway, the car was then taken over by a valet for parking. Jinah looked at the huge mansion in awe. She knew Jongin was rich, but she didn't know that he lived so lavishly. The mansion looked more like a palace probably fit for a king like him.

And a queen like Eunjung.

It wasn't hard to distinguish Eunjung from the crowd for two reasons. One, being Eunjung, she had an angelic aura. She stood out like a white light in a dark room. Another reason was because Jongin's eyes followed Eunjung whenever she was in the room. When he couldn't see her, he would always be searching among the crowds and Jinah knew this because her eyes followed his every move.

Eunjung, who kept glancing back and forth from the front door and back to her group of friends saw the arrival of the guests she was impatiently waiting for. Making her way gracefully to the door, she pounced on Jinah immediately and gave her a tight bear hug.

"Eonni! I'm so glad you could make it. I missed you!"

"Happy graduation! I hope you like the present." Jinah replied genuinely, giving the girl a squeeze back.

"Oppa and eonni bought this for you. Open it and have a look." Jongin passes Eunjung the paper bag and received back a squeal of delight and a grateful hug.

He put his arms around her and pulled her close. Both seemingly having an intimate moment, Jinah stood by awkwardly and remained silent. It wasn't her domain, she was just an outsider.

Making her way into the centre of the room where waiters were holding up drinks, she took a glass of sparkling wine. Jinah looked around at the contented faces of the new graduates and sat down on the sofa. 

Jongin's house, or mansion should it be rightfully called, was massive. Four stories and very spacious, something only Jinah could dream about.

It was times like this Jinah wondered what it would be like if she had taken the scholarship to America and attended graduate school at Harvard. Would she be happy? Have a better, more fulfilling life? But honestly, she never regretted staying in Seoul.

Only because he was here.

Downing the remaining wine in her glass, she took yet another, until Eunjung came in search for her. She dragged Jinah across the room, excitedly chattering about someone she wanted Jinah to meet.

"You have to see Sehun. He's just sitting right over there." Eunjung whispers as she continued making her way through the crowd with one hand wrapped around Jinah's wrist.

"Who's Sehun? How come you have never told me about Sehun before?" Jinah questioned but was cut off by Eunjung pointing wildly at the group of people at the corner of the room.

"He's the one with the light brown hair." Eunjung stopped by the buffet table and pretended to be looking at the food as Jinah scanned the group.

A young man who looked around Eunjung's age was leaning against the wall, one hand holding a can of coke. He looked really handsome, with a sharp jawline and effortless styled hair. 

"So what do you think?" Eunjung chirped excitedly, tugging onto Jinah's arm.

"He's cute..?"

"Cute? He's not just cute, eonni. He's great!"

"Eunjung, are you not telling me something?" Jinah raised and eyebrow suspiciously at the ecstatic young girl. 

Eunjung looked away guiltily and tightened her small cherry lips. "Not really...I just....well...I really like Sehun."

Jinah stared at her dumbstr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter