Cheerleaders

Home; Where You Are

 

Sehun is that pretty junior from Jongin’s History class and Yixing likes giving out condoms. 


 

                                         

     It’s another normal day at Prince High for everyone, including Senior Han who is currently stunned at the obviously-it’s-from-Yixing gift safely placed in his locker. The small box is wrapped with white paper he identified indeed to be the lad’s mid-year examination papers. The senior groans, shoving the poorly made box to his backpack before slamming his locker shut and rushing to soccer practice. He’s not late; Lu Han is never late to practice but he does like going early to check the condition of the grass blah blah soccer stuff, which is simply an excuse to get away from being called a creep with his ulterior motive.

 

     He sits on the second row at the benches, backpack slapped beside him as he neatly ties his shoelaces. If a normal person takes five minutes to fix their laces, Lu Han takes thirty and only because his vision is constantly distracted by the cheerleaders standing in the middle of the field. The brunette standing most left in the group is Sehun, the pretty junior from Jongin’s History class. Jongin is realistically the senior’s only link to her. God bless those dance lessons. Sehun isn’t much of a talker compared to other girls in her year but she’s not exactly a loner or anything since most students at Prince High tend to initiate the first contact. It's no surprise really, Sehun is really really pretty. Lu Han sighs.

 

     Minseok interrupts his thoughts with a shout from across the field and suddenly Lu Han realises Sehun is sitting next to his hella lucky friend. The Chinese blond waves back, a stupid grin crawling on his face as he grabs his things and runs to the cutest girl in school (and friend) only to stumble on a rock, and of course falling face first. The cheerleaders gasp and a few of them start crowding around the senior, cooing at the terrible accident. Minseok grabs his captain by the shoulder and gets the other to lean on him for support.

 

    “I’m .. okay … okay..” Lu Han says in a daze then closes his eyes upon seeing the frown on Sehun’s lips.

 

----

 

     Lu Han wakes up at the infirmary, his bag opened and his belongings a little scattered on the chair. Looking over to the clock, he notes that he just missed more than half of today's training session and grunts his upper body up to lean on the metal. The Chinese male sits on the bed for a while, wiggling his toes every once in a while and not doing anything. Technically, school ended and soccer will too in a few more minutes and Lu Han is obviously not in a rush to go anywhere with the pain lingering on his knee. Just as he decides to reach for the rugged brown bag, someone enters the room, smelling like vanilla and the senior doesn’t have to guess who it is. The question is, why?