Sehun and Luhan

Home; Where You Are

 

High school -

Fluff?


 

    “Hey Oh, is Luhan going to you today?”, the bullies snicker as they surround him to the corner of the locker room. The class just finished playing soccer with the seniors’ class, specifically the one with Luhan as the captain of the official school soccer team. The brunet’s team evidently lost by 5 points and while Sehun had been happily cheering for Luhan as usual, there was a tiny streak of worry in his fluffy head that his classmates would not be satisfied with handshakes and comforting words from the coach.

 

---

 

     Everyone knew of Sehun and Luhan, their relationship wasn’t something the older wanted to hide knowing his lover had always been shy when it came to things like skinship or even talking in general actually. Most people would think Luhan is the cute senior with pretty eyelashes he could bat to everyone’s way but students in Seoul High knew better than to assume such things. The senior had been the captain of the soccer club for two years now, since none of the members wanted him gone with the amount of glory he’d brought for the team. Of course, a charming man like that comes with a number of jealous teens who couldn’t understand why the older held that much reputation.

 

     Sehun had been in his last year of middle school when Luhan decided to pop the question out.

 

     “Hey Sehun, I know this is really random and I don’t know what I’m doing actually but I’ve been thinking about t-this for a really long time and I think it’s now or never or actually I don’t know anymore, please don’t hate me or stop talking to me, I’ll be your hyung forever right? I should really just g-get on with it I’m so sorry I don’t know why I’m talking so much gosh I don’t think I can do this Sehun can you please give me a-a minute, no, two or wait, give me five, stay here please, I’ll come back as soon as I can, is that too much to ask I’m sorry I’m really sorry I’ll j-just-“

 

     Okay, well Luhan wasn’t very good with feelings and it took exactly 53 minutes for him to return to the bench near the park’s pond. Sehun waited like the puppy he was, continuously fiddling with the pencils in his bag. The older boy shoved a bag to the boy’s arms as he covered the blush spreading on his cheeks. Inside had been a compilation of things Sehun liked, from milk and chocolates to the polaroid photo they’d taken way back on Sehun’s first day of middle school.

 

     The younger remained silent as he crushed the latter with his warmth, burying his face into the older’s chest only to start whimpering out his worries. Sehun had been anxious as he’d fidget and often glanced to his bunny themed watch more than twice within a minute, hoping Luhan would come fetch him whenever the hand passed 12. Luhan noticed the way his heart fluttered at the sudden contact, immediately wrapping his arms to baby Sehun. They walked home quietly, the older unable to get the right moment to confess with the younger’s fingers clutched tight to his.

     The real confession happened the day after, on the steps in front of Sehun’s house. Luhan decided to keep it simple and quick thus resulting in a peck to the boy’s cheek and a ring latched to a chain hidden in Sehun’s left pocket. Along with the second gift had been a small note with the older’s handwriting that scribbled, “I like you.”

 

     Sehun was quite young at the time and hadn’t known what love was or if he liked Luhan more than his elder brother but the thought of him missing out on Luhan’s life sent a hint of hurt to his chest. He nodded in return and held the hyung’s hand, smiling with eyes as crescent as the moon. Luhan knew better than to rush or initiate more than he usually did since Sehun had only been a baby back then. His baby, fortunately.

 

 

    The years went on and although the girls were incredibly, I repeat, incredibly saddened by the fact that the Lu Han really was taken, they’d taken a liking to Sehun the minute they laid eyes on the boy on one of Luhan’s soccer matches. The Chinese male ran to his lover the second they announced for half time and couldn’t help but to sneak a kiss to the younger’s nose when his coach had his eyes away. The girls in Luhan’s class squeals were heard and the lad automatically waved at them, pointing to Sehun while pink filled his face.

 

     Everyone knew Sehun wasn’t the vocal type, including his lover yet sometimes he’d hear the boy mumble out his worries as they cuddled on Sehun’s Doraemon sheets and every time that happened, the older would hush him to sleep and make a bowl of the latter’s favorite soup before leaving for soccer practice. High school hadn’t been very kind to Sehun, other than the fact that he could see Luhan more often, he also earned a few bullies who were really just in denial that Sehun was indeed cute.

    

----

 

    The boy mutters no, head shaking along to his answer as his fingers dig to the hem of his shirt and his eyes glue themselves to the floor. He feels the anger b inside, he wants to burst, he wants to tell them it’s not funny, he wants to be brave. Someone shoves him to the bench, he figures it’s Dongshik as he’s the most violent among the rest and while a few scratches land on his elbows, he hears the door burst open to reveal a very angry Luhan still in his jersey. His head hangs low as salty tears drop to his palms and his classmates flush with surprise upon the reaction.

    Luhan doesn’t understand what Sehun has done to deserve such treatment.  Sehun is an angel, was, is, always. Minseok holds him back and steps inside to whisk the troublemakers away to see the coach and suddenly the world is very quiet and cold for Oh Sehun and Lu Han.

 

     The older makes his way to his lover, eyes beginning to well up as he observes the latter. Sehun flinches upon the first contact; a hand on his shoulder and he doesn’t realise it until Luhan mentions that he indeed is shaking. The scratches on his elbows are starting to bleed a little and the Chinese lad quickly wraps the boy with a cold towel and carries him to the nurse’s office.

 

      “He’ll be alright, you need not frown too much flower boy,” the nurse smiles at him as she finishes cleaning the blood.

 

     Luhan takes Sehun home right away, warming him with a bowl of marshmellows and strawberries with chocolate sauce. They lay in bed and Luhan plays them different editions of Hamtaro’s movies. It’s almost 4.30p.m. when Sehun stops sniffling and tugs at the latter’s clothes. Luhan catches the word soccer and now slip through the boy’s lips and he shakes his head no in return, simply digging further to the crown of the boy’s head. He closes his eyes and pulls the covers closer to them. Sehun doesn’t fall asleep as fast as expected as he’s completely focused on the movies. Just as the last one finishes, he shifts his head to look at Luhan and places a soft kiss on the older’s lips.

 

     “I don’t know what I’ll do without you hyung.”