Chapter 8

증상 (Symptoms)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 3rd 

Jongin's P.O.V.

The asylum has been in an uproar for nearly a week now. Jongdae was still missing, Sehun still imprisoned, Tiffany still in isolation. 

I was starting to think this was some kind of trick. Why was everyone acting so strange? I would like to think that I'd have some sort sort of understanding as to why, but no one has said anything, even Baekhyun's big mouth was sealed recently. My own brother was acting strange even, barely showing up to work and only staying for a short half hour or so when he did manage to check in. I pray that he's taking his medication. 

Dara wasn't speaking to anyone either, of course including myself for a while now. Last I saw her was nearly two months ago at a dinner party, I knew I couldn't ask her for anything. 

"Jongin." The familiar voice of Baek swept me out of my thoughts, him jogging over to me. He grabs a hold of my hand and tugs me lightly as he motions us both in the opposite direction from where I was headed. "Come." He says quietly. I'm guessing he'd felt my reluctance, because he turned back around to face me. "I can't talk about it in the open like this.. come." 

I frowned in pure confusion. What was going on now? 

Without any further reluctance, and with the most curiosity, I followed my elder down the hall and soon into a dark office that I never payed any attention to before now. 

Baekhyun drops my hand once the door is closed and the light were flicked on, and he walks over to the desk that was lightly coated in dust. 

"Baekhyun." I say in a statement-like tone and my elder sighs, but doesn't turn around to me. 

"It's Sehun." He says and by then, my heart sinks to the pit of my stomach. I've been having odd anxiety about my best friend's current situation and Baekhyun's short time for the dramatics wasn't helping it. 

"W-what?" I stutter and proceeded to clear my throat. Was this bile in my throat? Tears ready to spill from my eyes? Why?

"I apologize on behalf of Yifan and the rest of us who haven't let you in on any information.. we didn't want you to be worried about Sehun if you didn't have to be." 

I scoffed at that comment. Worried wasn't even half of what I felt for Sehun right now. That word angered me coming out of hyungs mouth.

Baekhyun turned to me and sniffled. "The case has been open for a few weeks now and Tiffany goes on the stand tomorrow." 

"I... know this." I say lowly. Something doesn't feel right. 

"Kyungsoo told us that he overheard Jessica and Tiffany speaking about some evidence fou-"

"Evidence?" I interupt him almost too quickly, as it felt like the strongest person in the world just punched me in the chest.

"Hyung I-"

"Yifan wants us at his house tonight. He thought it'd be best to tell you in advance so you aren't ambushed with this later." He speaks blankly, as if we were discussing something with little importance. 

"We don't have time to talk about it anymore right now, just be at his home by eight." 

My hyung heads for the door, flicking the light off before he opening it.

"Jongin.. call your brother." 

"I was informed..... yes, I know what I am going to say... this is for me and chi-.. yes I understand.. Goodbye." 

"Good evening Tiffany." 

The young woman yelps like a small puppy when the presence of Kyungsoo throws her off. She smiles her bright eye and mouth smile and waves at the man. 

"Evening Kyungsoo." She sits up on her vanity's chair and fluffs out her pastel pink gown. 

"I apologize if I startled you." His deep voice and his smirk are charming as he taps his newly polished loaf onto the hardwood floors of Jessica's bedroom.

"If I hadn't known any better, I would say you were spying on me."

This comment makes Kyungsoo chuckle and he shakes his head lightly. "Well it's good thing you know better huh?"

"I suppose so." Tiffany giggles light, pushing the telephone closer to the vanity's mirror. Kyungsoo watches her every move, even if it was a little one. He squinted his eyes slightly as she stared at him back, her lips curved in a small smile.

"Is there.. something you wanted Kyungsoo?" She breaks the silence after a solid minute.

Kyungsoo stands up straight from leaning on the doorway, clearing his throat. "Oh, yes forgive me." He walks into his cousin's room fully and walks over to the vanity.

"Jessica had forgot her red lipstick, she wanted me to grab it for her."

Tiffany whips her head around to the variety of makeup spread out in front of her, glancing her eyes in every direction of it until she found the gold tube that held the a lipstick color that matched blood. It was Jessica's favorite.

Tiffany grabs it and places it Kyungsoo's hand, smiling. "Here you go." She says, clasping her hands afterwards. 

"Thank you." He smiles, turning around and walking back to Jessica's door, but stops himself before he gets full out of the room. He spins on his heels after a few seconds, taking a step toward Tiffany. 

"You know.. I never got the chance to ask you if you were okay.. after what happened." 

Tiffany's expression saddens a bit and she waves her hand in dismissal. "That's alright Kyungsoo, I'm definitely doing better." 

"It's just so crazy, I didn't think.. Sehun out of all people... I'm so sorry, you probably don't want to talk about this." 

"Well...." Tiffany trails, dabbing her right eye lightly. "I would like to forget such a horrible thing, but it's true... I didn't think Sehun was like this." 

Kyungsoo tilts his head to the right as he studies Tiffany's expression. He squinted at her again, his teeth. "Yeah... me either." 

"I'm just glad he's in custody now. Who knows who elese he would've done this to." She somments, shaking her head as she stares at off at the floor. 

"He must be getting served some serious time for this. They don't take lightly to people who commit that kind of crime." 

"I'm sure the justice syste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter