Chapter 1

증상 (Symptoms)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Paranoid Personality Disorder: A mental health condition in which a person has a long-term pattern of distrust and suspicion of others, but does not have a full-blown psychotic disorder such as schizophrenia.

Borderline Personality Disorder: A mental health condition in which a person has long-term patterns of unstable or turbulent emotions. These inner experiences often result in impulsive actions and chaotic relationships with other people

Narcissistic Personality Disorder: A condition in which people have an excessive sense of self-importance, an extreme preoccupation with themselves, and lack of empathy for others.

 

Jongin's P.O.V.

December 25th, 1948. It was Christmas, finally. A day full of celebration and coming together, but I was here at work. It had to be the coldest it's ever been here. The winter had to be the one of the worst seasons here, along with summer. I sighed, seeing my breath in the air. Jesus, it had to be 30 degrees or lower in here.

"Jongin.” I looked up, seeing my brother. I inhaled lightly as he approached me. What did he want now? " Chanyeol, I know, I forgot the file, I've been really try-".

`"I'm not here for that brother". He chuckled a little. "Here". I looked down once he did, following his hands as they gripped a beige file. "What is it?". I asked, my eyebrows furrowed as I stared.

 

"Your new patient". My brother smirks, handing me the file. "But I thought I wa-".

"I got Yifan to give you this one. He's new so.. he had no choice". I gripped the file in my hands, flipping it open instantly.

"I thought we were done with assigning.” I spoke, not taking my eyes off of the information in front of me. "Well, with all the new patients and new doctors, might as well even it out". I hummed in response. I had been so focused on this file, being it was my first patient after all. "Luhan?". I glanced up at my Chanyeol, seeing he had nodded. All his information had been lined up. Age: 26, Height: 177.8 cm, Weight: 52 kg, etc.

 

  "I heard he was a tough one".

 

"Physically?" I ask.  Chanyeol shook his head. "mentally and emotionally. He gets into your head I heard". Chanyeol shrugged. "I don't know though, maybe it's all talk. Anyway, have a good day, brother". I glanced up at him, watching him stroll away. He stops and  turns around suddenly. "Did you buy that suit for tonight?". I furrowed my eyebrows. Chanyeol groaned. "You forgot".

I straightened my posture and cleared my throat. "I haven't. If I did though, what would I'd be buying that suit for?". He rolled his eyes, sighing.

`"The gala party." My eyes lit up. "So did you buy the suit that I was referring to? Or did you forget about that too?".

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't forget, I just missed my train of thought". Chanyeol rolled his eyes as well.

"Right. Anyway, I'm sure you have a few nice suits hiding deeply in your closet. Just wear one of those after you dust the lint of agony and despair off of them from not being worn in so long".

I my teeth at him. "Worry about your own self before butting in on my dress code".

"Whatever you say brother".

-

"You know, we could always stay home if you'd like".

"Nonsense Cho, I can have fun in any condition".

"I know, but-".

"None of my work stuff should affect us now. We're going to a gala for crying out loud. I mean, I've been to richer events, but a gala is nice to get to know people. You know I like meeting new friends".

"Fine.. fine, we'll go".

"And have fun?". Chorong asked, smiling.

 

 "And have fun". Baekhyun smiled back, kissing her knuckles. He let her hands go, pulling her closer to him, placing both of hands on each side of her head. "We're starting to look a like for being together for so long".

Chorong giggled lightly. "I could never be as ugly as you.” She joked. Baekhyun gasped. "I'd never". He says with a hand to his chest.

Chorong laughed. "Never what? Be as Captivating as me?". She laughed again.

     Baekhyun rolled his eyes playfully. "Put on your ball gown already. This robe is tempting me". Chorong's slaps Baekhyun’s chest. "Oppa, don't say things like that!". She continues to slap on his chest. He laughed.

"Okay, okay, get dressed already".

-

"Yifan, ready yet?"

"No.”

"No? Yifan it's gonna start soon.”

"And I will be ready, but I can't seem to find the right suit". Yifan tapped his chin softly. "Hm... the red one with the black lace, or the navy blue suit with the white handkerchief in the pocket?" He turned to his friend Suho, who had been leaning on the door frame, watching the man struggle to find a suit.

 

"Does it matter? You look sharp in any suit you wear Yifan". He huffed. "It's not about looking sharp, it's about making an impression".

"What, are you looking to find a date or something?" Suho asked, smirking. "You know I'd never date any of those women that attend these galas. They're about as crazy as my mother, and who would want to date someone like their own mother?". Suho laughed. "A lot of men here actually. It's odd." Yifan nodded, turning back to his two suit options that hung in front of him in his very open and spacious closet.

 

"How do I even begin on how stunning this red suit is". He spoke aloud, brushing the shoulders of the suit with his fingers. "But the navy blue. It shows something. It shows you how wealthy I am and how much more wealthy I can get." He sighed. "The decisions are much too difficult. Suho, choose for me". Yifan had plopp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter