Chapter 2

증상 (Symptoms)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 28th, 1949

9:30 A.M. 

On any usual day, I'd feel perfectly fine at this time, but I don't. 

I'm tired and oddly dehydrated. I sat up in my chair, clearing my throat as I tried my very best to study this file. It had been the 10th time I had read over it. It was a waste of time, but for some reason I expected the words to change. I expected to read something different everytime, but obviously, I did not. My first time with him was yesterday evening. I missed my origional time with him, due to Baek taking me with him to dinner, so I had to visit him the next day, I didn't exactly have a choice either. Kris was already pissed from us leaving, and by us, I mean Baekhyun. 

"What's with the scowl?". Chanyeol asked, sitting down at the table with me. I sighed, slapping the file down. "Just thinking". 

"Still on the Luhan file? How was he yesterday by the way?"

I shrugged. "How every patient seems to be with me. Quiet and anxious". 

"Ah". 

"How are you by the way?"

"I'm fine. Dara's stressed over some things, which affects me because we seem to have the same emotions. But that's all". 

"What are you es talking about?" Key had cut in, sitting down with us. "Classy language Kibum". Chanyeol chimed. "We've all been friends since childhood, you should be used to almost any profanity coming out of my mouth". Chanyeol sighed, sinking into his seat. 

"What's wrong with your blood line?" Key asked me. I shrugged, leaning in on the table. "He's just.. tired". 

"Tired? He looks like he just came from a funeral". 

"Tired people become sad from lack of sleep". 

"Right. I'm gonna get to work, before Kris comes over here and starts yelling at me for "being lazy". Being lazy my ". Key stood up, walking away from us. 

"I think I should go too". I huffed, standing up. "Are you okay here?" Chanyeol looked up from the table, staring up at me. 

"Yeah... yeah I'll be fine. I might just call off maybe".

"Again?"

Chanyeol shrugged nonchalantly. "It's only the second time this week". 

I raised an eyebrow at him as he described it as if it weren't a problem. 

"I'm fine brother. I assure it".

"I believe you".

"I have to work. Have a good day Jongin". Chanyeol patted my right shoulder, walking past me.

I sighed for maybe the third or fourth time today. My brother's emotions seemed to have gotten to me. I stood to my feet, being the only one at the table once more felt lonely the second time. 

-

"Mr. Park?"

"Yes Luhan?"

"A question".

"Anything that comes to mind Luhan, say it". 

He sat up in his chair, placing his hands onto the brown, wooden table. He tucked his bottom lip in between his teeth, begining to twiddle his thumbs for a moment. 

"Luhan". I called, causing him to look up at me with only his eyes. He huffed, leaning forward as he kept his hands folded. 

"Why aren't you scared of me?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "E-excuse me?"

"Why aren't you scared of me like the other doctors?"

"You haven't shown me anything to be scared of Luhan".

"Everyone else is". Luhan began to smile. It scared me, well no, not scared, but... chilled me a little. 

"Why would they be scared of you?" I asked after clearing my throat. 

"Because I'm a scary person". He whispered. I frowned, watching his expression changed from scarily joyful, to plain faced. 

"Luhan?"

He lifted his head, eyes lit up slightly. "Yes?"

"How did you... learn Korean so well?" I almost blurted out too quickly, which resulted in me pausing for a moment so I wouldn't seem too forward. 

He looked at me, face expressionless as he stared. "The voices taught me". He whispered, smiling afterward. The smile was so creepy, almost like both corners of his mouth were touching his ears. I nodded my head up, lifting it back down quickly as possible.

"I think that's all for today Luhan". I smile as best as I can, to not show my hint of discomfort.

"Going so soon?"

I nodded. "I'll be back tomorrow of cours

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter