chapter 14

He's Dating The Gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun furtively glance at Wooyoung, silently frowning a " What the are you doing! " to his lover which was returned by the latter with a glare, telling him to keep his mouth shut. 

 

On the other hand, Jinyoung was oblivious at what’s happening, he was literally sobbing at the backseat. Perhaps Wooyoung made a little exaggeration or at least he intend to exagerate the things that happened to Mark, praising  himself after the accomplishment. Though he felt a little guilty to the sobbing boy.

 

 Pulling the car to a stop,  Nichkhun gave Jinyoung a comforting smile. His smile was beautiful, it reminds him of someone's smile as bright as that. There's no doubt he's brother with Mark. They both have the figure that everyone envies. Nichkhun leads the way to Mark's room as they climb up the stairs. Jinyoung silently followed behind. 

 

 

 " He's inside. Probably sleeping, but you can wait until he wakes up. Is that okay with you? " No more sobbing, Jinyoung slightly nodded whilst he fiddles with his fingers

 

 

" Don't mess up  okay. Tell him whatever you have to say. Don't hesitate " With a light pat on Jinyoung’s back and a comforting smile, Wooyoung pulled Nichkhun with him and left.

 

 

 It turns out Nichkhun was right.  As soon as he open the door, he was met by darkness.  But surely, he sees a familiar figure lying on the bed and without thinking, he slowly walk towards it. The silent surrounding makes his breath almost audible whilst his foot steps impregnating the quietness of the room.

 

Once he's close enough to get a good look, he halted just right beside the bed where Mark was sleeping. The latter's face was illuminated by the moonlight that provides him the best view. fascinating.  It was a sight, Jinyoung never had a chance to see before his eyes.  He never really get to look or stare at Mark like this, lingering and free. Thus, he didn't know how much actually attractive Mark is. He knew he was attractive, but this sight gives him more reason to appreciate the older's beauty. No wonder everyone's swooning over him.

 

 

 Beautiful..

 

 

Soft word left his mouth as he marvel at the sight in front of him. Mark's peacefully sleeping, chest rising and falling. Angelic face shows calmness. Seeing it ease him somehow. 

 

 Jinyoung  didn't want to disturb the sleeping boy, but he couldn't help it. He wants to touch him so badly. After that night when he snap at the latter, a sense of longing lingers in him.

 

 

He caress the other's left cheek with the pad of his thumb.  Soft and gentle, careful not to wake the latter up. Mark didn't budge at the touch, and the lack of response gave Jinyoung the courage to resume to what he was doing, cautiously tracing the dark bruised over his cheek. Mark doesn’t look badly beaten as how badly Wooyoung  said earlier. The only bruised he saw was the one under his cheek bone. Nonetheless, it hurts him to see Mark like this. Unconsciously, his thumb pressed a little hard on the bruised skin cousing Mark to groan in his sleep. 

 

Slowly, Mark stirs on the bed. Soon after the little movement, his eyes flutter open. His vision was vague from sleep, so he blinks a couple of times to get used to the darkness. When it was clear enough to see his surrounding, his eyes instantly fell on Jinyoung's wide ones as though he had seen a ghost. Their eyes lingered to one another for a while. Words caught in their throats. 

 

" Jinyoung? " Mark's voice was hoarse and raspy. He quickly sat up on the bed, brain finally functioning.  

 

Jinyoung was standing right next to his bed and Mark didn't know how long he had been standing there. But that wasn't what his concern right now.  It's why Jinyoung's here?.. How? Why Jinyoung’s in his room looking at him with such fondness and guilt at the same time. 

 

" What are you doing here? "

 

 

 " You didn't go to school today. " Jinyoung countered without answering Mark's inquiry

 

 " Ah.. I was taking a break. " It was low like he was whispering to no one in particular. Nevertheless, Jinyoung heard it and that dull aching in his chest was back. 

 

 " I see.. uh.. about what happened last" 

 

" Don't worry about that. I mean what you said was  true and it made me realized that I couldn't force someone to like me. Specially you. I'm sorry for  hurting your.. " Mark seems to hesitate " Jaebum and You " He said  and Jinyoung felt like there was a thick lump in his throat "  I was too furious back then. I couldn't control my anger, but I'm fine now"

 

 " I'm sorry. I didn't meant what I said"

 

 " It's fine. You just said what I needed to hear. To stopped being a jerk like I was " Jinyoung’s eyes scanned the latter's face. Mark was smiling, but Jinyoung knows, it was one of his fake smiles that he occasionally gives to anyone. Jinyoung didn't like that. He doesn't want to be the receiving end of that smile. Because, he doesn't want to be just anyone in the gangster's life. He wants to be someone that can make him smile genuinely. He clearly see that Mark was trying to convey something which contradict what he was truly feeling. 

 

He had been looking at the latter's face quite long that Mark sensed it. He was staring at him.

 

" Ah.. this? " Mark was pointing at his cheek, thinking it was what Jinyoung’s looking at " I was. .. uhm.. you see  I was in trouble earlier. But, I swear, I didn't started it. I promised you that I wouldn't start any fights or get into some trouble. I tried to avoid them. But It's no use. It was fortunate that some of Khun hyung's gang came so, as you see, I only get a bruised cheek.  " He blabs not knowing how else he's going to explain

 

" khun hyung wasn't happy about it "

 

 " Believe me. I know.  He probably beat them to death if, he wasn't stopped " 

 

Mark chuckles and the atmosphere in the room wasn't as tensed as few minutes ago. Jinyoung was glad. Now, he didn't need to play with the hem of his shirt.  They were caught in  a staring battle again. Silence flooded the room, though it was more comfortable rather than suffocating. It's pleasant enough to keep them sane. They stayed like that for a while.  None of them want to look away as though they were in a staring competition. or rather loss in each other's eyes. Unfortunately,  Mark has to break it.

 

 " Uh " Suddenly he was awkward. " Did you came alone? " Jinyoung shook his head and sat next to Mark and touch the latter's cheek, running his thumb on the bruised skin. Mark leans against it.

 

" Does it hurt? "

 

 " No. It was nothing compared to the pain I felt when you... Uh.. " Mark scratch the back of his n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter