Part 8

I hate you but I love you

Since the time Leeteuk did an annoucement people around me had behaved strangely. Especially my colleagues from school. Everytime I came somewhere all stopped talking and weirdly watched me. Then they started to whisper thinking I didn’t know what they are talking about. But I knew. I was pretty sure it was about my „relationship“ with Leeteuk. After some time I got used to it as Jung Soo said before. I did not mind neither rumors about us nor envious looks of my girls students. But in the end one thing still made me upset. Everybody talked with me only because they wanted to know new things about Leeteuk and our relationship. I couldn’t chat with anyone about normal things. I was tired of these things at school so I looked forward to my lesson in SM.
But it was not better there. By the time I stepped into class all piped down and calmly watched me. Just like at school. I was passing by Leeteuk and I knew the boys are expecting something. But I’m evil so I just went past without any touch or look. When I got to my desk I heard noisy sighing.
„C’mon! At least a hug!“ Eunhyuk said sadly. I knew it was a joke but I was angry enought from school. I looked at Leeteuk who was covering his mounth so that I couldn’t see his laugh. Then I realized my cheeks are slowly blushing up. I misunderstood. He had to bet he one who will také it more seriously but instead… I had to keep calm. Fortunatelly boys noticed I’m not in the best mood so they let me do my work there. After a while the manager came asking me for a word.

„So how is it goiing?“ he asked. „Is it better?“
„I don’t think so.“ I answered.
„Please listen, I know there are many things you have, but I would like to ask you a big favour. You have already known boys are going to USA right?“
„Of course, but what’s wrong with it?“
„Well, our translator is able to go with them and we have nobody else to send. So my question is: Would you like to go to Los Angeles tommorow?“
„What?“ I was suprised. „Wait, so I should just pack my bags and go to States tommorow? And what about my job? Shall I call headmaster right now and say Hello, I’m going abroad tommorow, I won’t come to school… ?“
„Look, I know you didn’t expect this but please go with them. I think they aren’t prepared yet. Although they have made a big progres in English I’m still afraid if they will be able to speak. In the end nobody of our filming team can’t speak any foreign language. Don’t worry, I arranged everithing. And be sure you will get some extra money. And finally, why would Leeteuk let his loving girlfriend at home?“ he tried joking. Now I was concidering it. I could relax there a bit, I thought. I was tired of this kind of „popularity“.
„I will think about it. After my lesson I’ll come to tell you.“ I bowed and disapaered back to the class.

„Why did our manager want to talk with you?“ Kyuhyun asked.
„He wants me to go to LA with you.“
„And will you go?“ Donghae blurted impatiently.
„You would want me there?“ I wondered.
„Why not? In the end, you know us well. It will be easier.“ Siwon said. I wouldn’t expected  him to say something like this.
„Please, go with us.“ Ryeowook said with stars in his eyes.
„Ok, I’ll see. But now complete the exercise you have to do. Or have you written the letter already?“ Everybody started to write. I was trying to give them more work then speak with them. So most of the lesson I was thinking about the offer. But I had a strange feeling. Somebody watched me. I raised my had and found out who. Now I was looking right to the chocolete brown eyes of Yesung. He didn’t look away. I felt a strange tingling in my stomach. How long could we stare at each other? I’m not sure but it was a long time because when Donghae said he had finished it was almost teh end of lesson. I let boys go out and went to manager to answer his question.

„So how had you decided?“ he asked me with a sighn of hope.
„I…“ I stucked. I went there with clear conviction that I’m not going anywhere. But something defended me to say it. I couldn’t just let my family here like this. But offers to go to countries out of Asia aren’t usual. „I take it.“
„That’s a relief. Thank you very much.“ He sniled. I said goodbye and went back to class. I hope I’ll find there Leeteuk because I started to freak out. I came to the door and took the handle and I would open if I didn’t hear voices.
„Are you kidding? Congratulations you bastard.“ I recagnized Siwon.
„More silently, please… Look I have to tell somene finally.“
„And who is the happy one, Yesung?“ This attracted my attencion. Who is the happy one? Yesung…. Fell in love with somebody?
„This is a detail. And you surely would make fun of me.“
„Split it out! Who is it?“ I was silent like a mouse but although I was trying very much, I heard only mutter. Who could it be? I didn’t want to admit it, but one small part of me hoped he will say my name. I’m curious by nature so I would stay behind the door until I found out the name. But I heard steps from the corridor so I left. At the exit was Jung Soo waiting for me and he offered me a lift. That suited me. At least nobody will look back at me.

When we got in car he asked me: „So, will you go with us?“
„In the and yes. Actually it will be fine to get out of Korea for a while.“
„I hoped you will agree. Look, I know i tis too much for you. I think it will be a kind of rest for you.“ He smiled. I could see he was glad I was going with them.
„Would you like to go somewhere to eat?“
„Shouldn’t you rather prepere for the trip?“
„I haven’t had nothing since lunch. And you too.“
„I’m not hungy.“ I said but in the same time my stomach said it wasn’t true.
„So you are’t hungry?“ he smiled when he hears my collywobbles. „Do you like italian food?“

I sailed in a bowl full of spaghetti. Leetek watched me bitting his own pizza.
„I still don’t know much about you.“ he started. „Tell me something about you.“
„I’m an ordinary person and now I’m considered as the happiest womwn in Korea. But you have already know this right?“ I smiled.
„I meant for example something about your family.“
„Yeah, I live with my mum and small dongsang JIhyun. My father left five years ago. He foud some younger girl in Japan. Then we moved to Seoul and I started tu study here. But I haven’t finished college because we didn’t have much money and I had to work. But fortunatelly I found job thanks to my language knowledge. So now I teach at local highschool and I’m happy.“ I said fast.
„Wow… Well, now I know a little more.“ he siled but then his face turned to beeing serious. „How is it going. Is it better then at the start?“
„It is still the same. At school nobody takes me as normal person now. Someone tries to stay further of me. Somebody in opposite talks with me evry free time maybe to make her feel more popular… They have questions about our relationship, if we have issed already or hve done other things…“
He grabbed my hand looking deep in my eyes. „Don’t worry. It will surely get better. Look around us. Nobody cares we’re here. And it will bet he same everywhere after some time. Reporters will surely find something new.“
I looked at his face and listened carefully. I felt I was save with him. Save from reporters and my colleagues. After we finished our meals Jung Soo took me home. It was late in the evening and it had been dark already. At home I started to pack clothes and other stuff for trip to USA.