[1]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Sehun. I am 20 years old. I live with my parents and my older sister, Bora. We live in a nice neighborhood where I can hangout with my close friends since we all live near each other. The Kims live just next door. Their daughter, Hyoyeon noona, is my sister's best friend and I'm friends with her younger sister, Seulgi. On the other side of the street lives my best friend, Tao. Then next is Hansol who's the younger brother of Seohyun noona and they live next to Wendy who is my friend too.

If I have to pick my favorite part of the neighborhood, I'd have to say that it's the house in front of ours. It is where my other best friend, Taeyong, lives with his older brother, Yonghwa who is also Seohyun noona's boyfriend, and his older sister, Miyoung noona. Oh Miyoung noona... Where do I even begin to describe her??

She is well-known for dating around. Like, really dating around. She has exes all around town. Let's just say that if in a treasure map, 'X' marks the spot, the pirates wouldn't be able to locate the exact place of the treasure in our town. I don't really mind though since she is also best friends with my sister. We're actually kind of close too. Within our group, my age is somewhere in the middle; Bora noona, Miyoung noona and Hyo noona all have the same age and they are two years older than me then Tao, Seulgi, Hansol, Wendy and Taeyong are either one or two years younger than me. Despite that, we don't really use formalities and also, they hang out a lot at our house so surprise sleepovers are very common. 

 

One Saturday, me and my friends, Hansol and Tao, just got back to my house from playing basketball. We ran into Wendy and Seulgi who were busy with some stuff of their own. When we got inside, Bora noona and Hyo noona were just chilling and watching TV in the living room.

 

Bora: Hey guys! What's the occasion? Am I missing something? Why are you suddenly all here together? *chuckles*

Sehun: Noona, we just got back from playing basketball. Regarding these two girls here, we don't know. They just followed us as soon as we went in here.

Seulgi: Hey! Aren't we allowed to be here?! We just want to hang out with you friends... *Wendy nods in approval*

Hyoyeon: Seulgi, eomma was looking for you just now.

Seulgi: Really?! Wait here, Wendy. I'll be back real quick. I promise.

Wendy: It's okay, take your time. No need to be in a hurry... *Seulgi dashes out the door and to their house*

Hyoyeon: What's that about?! Why is she in a hurry?

Wendy: Unnie... it's nothing. Hahaha. Really, nothing.

Bora: There's nothing really special today except, Oh! *gets everyone's attention unintentionally*

Hyoyeon: What oh?

Bora: Today's the return of the Hwangs from their two-week vacation in the US. They should be arriving any minute from now.

Hyoyeon: Oh that's right.

Hansol: Ahhhh!!! *snaps finger* That's why noona has been busy all day. Yonghwa hyung is going to have dinner at home.

Tao: *stares at Wendy* So that's why you're here. You're here to wait for Taeyong...right?!

Wendy: *in a high pitched voice* Really?! We didn't really know that. They're coming back today?? *smiles innocently* What a coincidence! *spots something from the window and points outside* OH! I think they just arrived!

 

Everyone was looking at the window and saw the car parking at the garage. Someone stepped out the car and immediately marched to the house opposite theirs.

Taeyong: Hello!!! Wow~ Everyone's here. Did you miss me? *smiles widely*

Hansol: I think everyone missed you but there's someone here who missed you the mos-- ughh! *gets cut off because Wendy nudged him hard* 

Taeyong: *Everyone looks at Hansol as he yelps in pain.* Are you okay?

Hansol: Yes, yes I'm okay. *glares at Wendy*

Bora: Soooo... how's U.S.?

Taeyong: It's fine. Still the same since we went there last year. We just visited some relatives and went to some tourist spots.

Hyoyeon: I noticed there are only four of you who stepped out of the car. Your dad, mom, you and Yonghwa oppa.

Taeyong: *stares at her* So what's the question?

Hyoyeon: Pabo. *hits Taeyong's arm lightly* Where's Myong?! 

Taeyong: Oh, she met someone there and fell in love so she didn't want to come home anymore. *Bora and Hyo rolled their eyes* I'm kidding! We dropped her off at some coffee shop. She said she really needs to talk to someone immediately. Okay? Satisfied?

Bora: *meets Hyo's eyes while thinking the same thing* Don't tell me...

Hyoyeon: I think she did. She's breaking up with Taecyeon now, just like she said the other night. She wanted to go home immediately to tell that guy that it's ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter