Chanhun

I've Never Believed in Forever

ChanHun, private detective AU

 

“You have got to be the worst private detective I have ever met.” Oh Sehun complains to Chanyeol as the PI loads his laptop.. He’d hired Chanyeol to find evidence of his fiancee cheating on him. Chanyeol has been on the case for three weeks, and Sehun has paid him huge amounts of money. Chanyeol has found nothing except that his fiancee spends an extra half hour in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon at the doggy daycare where he leaves his beloved corgi. 

Chanyeol coughs and handsome face becomes pinched. Sehun shouldn’t be noticing things like that, he’s engaged after all. But Sehun has a feeling by the way Chanyeol’s shuffling as he loads the photo app on his laptop that he won’t be much longer. 

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol says in his low voice. “I was only able to get access to the daycare two days ago as a janitor.” His ears seem to droop as he turns the laptop towards Sehun. “I took these pictures yesterday.”

The pictures of his fiancee and the daycare owner are nothing if not explicit. Sehun feels tears well up in his eyes as Chanyeol clicks through the dozen racy shots. “That’s enough,” he chokes out. He stands and walks to the window of the small office, shoulders hunching. Sehun hadn’t wanted to believe it, but there it was in all its HD glory. 

Sehun’s startled a moment later when he feels a presence behind him and an arm wrapping around his shoulders. “I’m sorry too, Mr. Oh. No one as kind as you should go through something like this.”
 

Sehun feels the dam break, and he spends the next half hour on Chanyeol’s dingy couch, crying his eyes out.