Skype Date

Long distance

 

This 12hour time difference is a killer. She is having lunch around the time I go to bed. She is going to sleep when I am getting up in the morning. We are making it work but it is always difficult to find time to talk with each other. We call each other every day even if it is only to leave a voicemail. We text though responses may be delayed. We email through our work days. I have even taken to writing her letters and sending them via regular post office mail. She sends me care packages like I am a solider off to war.

This will be the first time we will attempt to Skype. It is 6am here in Seoul and 6pm in Chicago. I am getting ready for my workday and she is just getting home from hers. She looks so y in a business suit and heels. I wish I was there to take it off of her. It has been 1128 hours and 26 minutes since I last held her in my arms.

“I have missed you. How was work jagiya?”

“Work was fine, a few minor problems directing a shipment but we got it handled. I miss you so much.”

“Is that bowl full of the kisses I gave you?”

“Yes it is. I have been bad and ate more than I was supposed to. I have no willpower when it comes to chocolate it seems. Your kisses are disappearing rapidly.”

“I thought that would happen. I sent you more. They should be arriving tomorrow. I can’t have you going without.”

“You are gonna make me fat!”

“The only thing fat on you is your and I like it that way”

“Yeah because you don’t have to try to pull a pair of jeans over it. How is your morning going?”

“Same as always. Try to take over the world one company at a time”

“It is so y that you can say that in such a calm and unassuming manner. You really are a ruthless business man aren’t you?”

“Only when I have to be. I work hard so I can do the things that I want with my life. Right now I am working on something that will end this godforsaken distance between us.”

“Really? What are you planning over there Mr. Choi?”

“I can’t tell you just yet. I do have a question for you though.”

“Ask me anything lover boy”

“If it were possible to have me there with you, would I be an intrusion on your life? You know how my schedule works and all the things that I would be forced to go to and would want you with me for.”

“Do you really have to ask? I would go to countless boring cocktail parties with stuffy old rich people if it meant you could be here with me.”

“That’s all I needed to know.”

“Something is burning behind you”

“ that’s my breakfast!”

 “Is everything okay over there?”

“I can do many things, cooking is not one of them. I just put out a minor kitchen fire because I tried to make toast.”

“You poor baby. How are you going to eat without me there to make your meals? If I would’ve known you couldn’t cook I would’ve taught you something before I left.”

“Many have tried and failed to teach me to cook. I am hopeless.”

“I guess I am just going to have to take care of you myself then”

“Don’t tease me! Aish! It’s already time for me to leave. I love you and I will text you later okay sweetheart?”

“I love you too and I will look forward to it. Don’t try to cook anything else today. You make me worry about you.”

“I will order in I promise”