Late Nights and Early Mornings

Long distance

“Your real friends are nice. You should spend more time with them. They make you smile even though you try to act like they are annoying you.” Shinay says to me when we were FINALLY alone again. “I try to make more time to go out to see them. I just let work get in the way a lot.” I tell her showing her my wallet full of pictures of the children. “We take family vacations together. They really think I am their uncle instead of just an old high school friend of their father’s.”

We talk like this until the sun begins to rise. I have to work today! I completely let time get away from me. “I think I should walk you to your room. I’ve kept you out until the morning.” I whisper in her ear as she lounges against my chest while we sit on the sand. She isn’t responding to me. The sunrise is beautiful but I am sure it is not mesmerizing enough to keep her from hearing me. She is sleeping. I am an . She was tired and I just kept her out here all night.

She looks beautiful sleeping so peacefully with the sun just beginning to caress her skin. I could sit here and look at her forever but that would be wrong of me. She is much lighter than the fullness of her curves would have you believe. Cradled in my arms, she is no burden at all to carry across the sand back to the hotel. She sleeps so soundly. I shifted her in my arms to open her hotel room door and she didn’t even stir. I wish I didn’t have to leave her here without a proper goodbye.

I lay her in the bed and cover her with the comforter. I cannot just leave without letting her know just how special she is. Taking the pen and paper provided I leave her with a note:

You are the most beautiful and extraordinary woman I have ever been blessed to encounter. It would honor me beyond belief if you granted me the pleasure of spending your vacation in Seoul with me. I could not bear parting with you without expressing how much I relished your company this past evening. I look forward to seeing you again at lunch. I will come for you at 2pm.

  •  

Shinay POV

When did I fall asleep? I was having the best time with the most amazing man. Was it a dream? Pulling back the covers I realize it can’t be a dream. I am still wearing the dress he bought me. There is a note on the pillow next to me. He must have brought me here after we watched the sunrise on the beach. What a nice man. He didn’t even wake me. I will call and thank him for a lovely evening after I eat something.

OH MY GOD! The note says he will be here at 2pm. It’s 1:30 right now! How did I sleep so long? What am I going to wear? My hair is a mess, I need to shower! OMG! I gotta hurry. He looks like the punctual type. I get ready as fast as a whirlwind and there is still a knock on the door while I am pulling my wet hair into a ponytail on top of my head at exactly 2pm. Like I said, punctual. You can’t knock a man who does exactly as he says he is going to do. Especially if that man looks like Choi Seunghyun.

I hope this is a casual lunch because I mostly have jeans and things like that with me. Today I am in a pair of skinny jeans and cropped sweater with my favorite pair of Jordan’s. I open the door and there he stands. Prince charming likes to wear lots of layers it seems. He looks casual in a pair of jeans, suede loafers, a button up, and cardigan. At least I don’t have to wear a cocktail dress. I would be screwed if I did.

“I couldn’t concentrate on work all day thinking about you. How did you sleep?” he asks me pulling a single red rose from behind his back. I LOVE ROSES! Call me boring but I love a man who can pull off traditionally romantic gestures without looking corny. This man has that in spades. “I slept very well thank you. I didn’t wake up until about 30 minutes ago actually.” I tell him. He smiles at me and it feels like the world stopped moving.

I thought that maybe it was the champagne that made the butterflies do insane fight patterns in my stomach. Now I realize it is not intoxication from alcohol but this altogether intoxicating man. A girl could lose her heart to a man like this. “Are you ready to go dear?” he asks me extending his hand for me to hold. “Yes, I’ve never been more ready.” I reply looking him in his eye. If this is the man cupid has decided to stab me in the with an arrow for, I am a willing victim.

Walking hand in hand he escorts me to a chauffeured car. It is a black Lexus with exceptionally dark tints on the windows. I can’t help the inappropriate thoughts that fly into my head at the prospect of being in such a confined space with such a divine specimen of manliness. Once inside the vehicle he takes my face in-between his hands and kisses me. No. You can’t call what this man does kissing. He makes love to my mouth.

He my bottom lip in his mouth biting it gently with his teeth. All that time I spent with the peach flavored lip gloss is wasted. He ate it. I can’t halt the moan that escapes my lips at the assault he is waging on my senses. All I can smell is his aftershave (yes he wears aftershave). I can feel the firmness that is his rippling muscles under those infuriating layers of clothing. He produces so much HEAT! I feel it sheeting off of him in waves.

I return his kiss with equal fervor. I want this man. He is a complete stranger but I feel like my soul recognizes his. He holds me the way I dreamt of being held. He caresses me like he knows my body as well as he knows his own. “What are you doing to me?” I manage to whisper in question against his lips. “The same thing that you have been doing to me since you stepped out of the back of that cab.” He replies looking me in the eye with such sincerity.

“This is very forward of me but I really don’t care right now. I want to keep in touch with you when you go back to America. I want to start a relationship with you. There is no other woman on the earth like you and I am not willing to let you go.” He says to me suddenly. I have no idea what to say. I feel the same way about him but I have to be realistic. I live thousands of miles away. How could a relationship ever work between us? He has a life here and my life is in the good ole US of A.

“How would we…” I begin but he quickly stops my question with a finger on my lips.

“Before you begin to tell me it won’t work I want you to understand that I am a very determined man. If I have to buy stock in an airline to insure that I can see you I will do that. If I didn’t know it would offend you, I would offer take care of you here in Seoul. I know you won’t agree to that.” He continues. He makes it sound so simple. He is talking about starting a long distance relationship that spans 2 continents. Why am I about to agree?

“You are asking me to commit to a relationship with you even though we will be separated by the ocean in a matter of days. This is insane. This is beyond insane. I know I should tell you no but I can’t do that. I want you just as badly.” I tell him right before his lips crash into mine again. I could spend the rest of my day just like this but I can feel the brakes being pushed on the car. We have arrived at our destination.