Worked up (edited)

season of Love

“T…then…what ?”

“What did you say ? ‘you don’t hate me’ ?”

“Nde !” She answered with no hesitant.

“What do you mean, yoon bomi. Of course you don’t hate me, you love me !” he said in full confidence.

Bomi’s eyes widened. Her jaw dropped because she can’t find nothing but seriousness in his eyes. What’s with this guy and his big head. “You’re out of mind.” She said.

“Ani.”

She stand on her feet, so that she won’t punched the guy in the face. “I wanna find Eunji and….”

He grabs her wrist. She is quite surprised and accidentally falls on Howon’s lap. “Just stay here. Don’t disturb their lovey dovey time.”

Bomi is about to protest when she looked at howon’s blushing face. He currently looked away, without doing anything about Bomi that’s on his lap. Then, she looked away too, doing nothing beside nimbling on her lip and trying to breath properly.

“Do you like it ?”

“Mwo ?”

“sitting on me…..staring to the sky, in front of the sea.”

Bomi stand up abruptly, kick his leg on purpose. “What ! I wasn’t staring at the sky ! besides, You’re the one who blushes so hard. Even your ear…” she pointed at his red ears.

“Me ? When ? Are you kidding ?”

She puffed her cheek. “Whatever. I don’t care anymore.”

He laughed, mocked her. “All girls are like that. Saying that they don’t care, but actually they do.”

“SHUT UP !!!” she yelled with her slight-blushing face.

***

The sound of closing door heard through the living room.

“Hey, lovebirds. Do you know the way to Villa ? I thought you forgot.” Bomi with crossed arm said to Sunggyu and Eunji that just arrived, she is really annoyed and….. embarassed. She runs away from Howon and just locked herself up in a room. When it’s already late, she checked the house to find no one.

“Aigoo. What happened uri bomi ? Where is lee howon ?” Sunggyu asked.

“MOLLA !” bomi yelled, made sunggyu flinched.

“Ya, don’t yell to my Gyu oppa. He was being nice the entire day, make me love him more.” Eunji teased Sunggyu who is blushing crazily. Bomi hissed to hear that.

“I’m so done with both of you, especially you, Jung Eunji.”

Eunji widened her eyes playfully. “Wae ? What’s my fault ?”

Sunggyu pointed at himself. “Me ? I think I always do something right.” Then, Eunji’s head shakes in disapprovement.

“Stop it. Really. I’m done with howon oppa.” Bomi said while hanging her hands on the waist.

“No waaay.” Sunggyu teased, ‘cause he witnessed how Bomi falls head over heels to his best friend.

“Oppa ! Do you think I’m that fool ? easy ? then I’d stay with him again ? No way that I’d do another mistake again, okay ! I’d rather see other guys than…..”

Sunggyu looked pale all of a sudden that made Bomi stopped her sentence. Eunji looked a way behind and gasped.

Bomi turned her head just to find Howon with a pissed face. He looked away.

“Hyung. Let’s get rest. I’ve got to work tomorrow.” He said.

“Umm, yeah, right. Me too. I have to get back to Seoul.” Sunggyu commented and smiled bitterly. Eunji just waved weakly to his boyfriend.

***

It’s a peacefull morning yet Bomi can’t feel it that way.  Naeun looked at her curiously, cause Bomi has been spreading peanut jam to her bread absent-mindly.

“morning, my daughter. What makes your face fall like that ?” Mrs. Yoon who just come to have breakfast said.

“Oh, omma. Where’s appa ?” Bomi looked up, finally.

“He’s back to Seoul. Umma still has some business here. By the way, when will you back too ? Bora has been whining to bring you home. Let’s go home with me next week.”

“Sends my regards to Bora unnie, imo. Bomi unnie and bora unnie, really….if you meet you would bicker like cat and dog, but actually you loved each other.” Naeun chuckled to remember the memories of their childhood. She hasn’t met Bora for quite a long time.

“That’s how love is, naeunnie. Love and hate has tiny difference.” Mrs. Yoon smirked.

“But oemma, don’t you or appa wanna see Doctor Kim that imo introduced to me?”

Her mom laughed. “Should we ? Are you sure ?”

Bomi furrowed, as well as Naeun. Mrs. Yoon hissed. “As far as I know, There is a fine young man that has stolen uri bomi’s heart.”

“W..what ?”

“Oemma liked him. He looked like a reliable man. He caught oemma’s heart too.” Her mom’s smile made her cringed a bit.

“Who is he, imo ?” Naeun asked, rather excited.

Mrs. Yoon’s smile grow wider. “Who else~ Howonnie.”

Howonnie ? What the heck. She is shocked. “Oemma. You’re kidding, right.” Mrs. Yoon just shrugged and continued eating, making the two girls curious as ever.

Flashback to Mrs Yoon and Howon’s encounter

“So. Who are you to Bomi ?”

“I am Bomi’s boyfriend, ommoni. As far as I know, I am the only one boyfriend of her. But, actually……” he hesitated. Mrs Yoon just titled her head, motioned him to continue his talk.

“something came up and Bomi currently ignores me. She may hates me. I apologize for anything bad that I’ve done to her.” Howon bowed.

“Don’t apologize to me. Young blood these days. So, that’s why she accepted Yejin (*naeun’s mom) offer. That’s make me wondering, ‘cause she won’t do it when I set her up with my friend’s son before.” She said and chuckled.

“I know I’m wrong. But… I really love her, ommoni. I promised I would be a better man for her. i…missed her.” Howon said.

“Why do you love her ?”

Howon paused, “I…just…love her.” He said absent-mindedly and cursed on his mind right after because he can’t talk well in front of Bomi’s mom.

Mrs.yoon nodded. “I’ll call her to see you.” Howon nodded and bow 90 degrees before she left.

Flashback off.

***

Howon is back to his normal self, keep busying himself with works. He currently evaluate the documents on his hands. A knock stopped him from his paper.

“Director Lee, can I come ?”

“Yookyung. Hm, come in.” he said after looking at Yookyung.

“I wanna hand the arrangement document between us and Bliss Clothing. They are Korean but currently spreading their brand to SouthEast Asia and some American countries too.” Yookyung explaining.

“Oh, okay. Don’t worry, we know their family. The daughter and son’s president are my lil brother’s friend.” Hoya reffered to Oh’s family, Oh Hayoung and Oh Sehun.

“That’s good then.”

“Anything else ?” he has been back to his documents.

“Umm…actually…”

Howon looked up. “What is it ? it’s not like you. Is there something happening ?”

“Ani. It’s just….Donghae oppa…I mean Lee sajangnim called me yesterday. He said that you have to go back to Seoul the day after tomorrow. But, I remember you told me to arrange your schedule here, at least for one month, ‘cause you don’t have any plans to go back…yet.”

Howon just keep silent. Left Yookyung worried that he might be angry.

“it’s settled then. Booked my flight for Friday.”

“A…are you sure ?”

“Do I look like I’m not ?” he said, rather loud and cold.

Yookyung taken aback. “I understand, director. I’ll book it immediately. I’ll take my leave now.” Howon nodded before she left.

He grabbed the documents again. But, not over a minute, he throw it to the table. He messages his temple. What’s wrong with me. I seems like unprofessional back then.

He texted Yookyung.

Yookyung-ah. I’m sorry. I’m out of my mind. Can you accompany me to lunch ? Sent.

***

“Unnie !”

“Wae ?” she said with her hoarse voice. She is lying on the sofa while munching potato chips.

Naeun snatched it. “Stop eating that. It’s not healthy and you’ll gain weight.”

Bomi glared. “What ?! Are you naeun ? since when you cared about that. We always be eating buddies, you’re meat lover !”

Naeun grinned and sit beside her. “It’s not like that. I still love meats. But I just stay away from snacks. Besides…my engangement with myungie oppa is in front of my eyes. I couldn’t look fat.” Naeun puffed her cheek.

“You just mocked me, right ?” bomi glared while patting her cheek.

“What ? aniiiii, unnie. Why are you so grumpy ? On period ?” Naeun whines. Bomi just keep her sulky face.

“Aigoooo~ allright, allright. I know this one place that has delicious meat ever. Wanna come ?”

“Your treat ?”

“Omo. What kind of unnie are you ?”

“your pretty bomi unnie.”

“call ! but….”

“What again ?!”

“Can I call over Myungsoo oppa ? I kinda miss him.” Naeun smiled dreamily.

Bomi shrieked. “Oh, this girl.”

To be Continue......