Chapter 47

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's go." Yongguk said while hanging a shirt over his shoulder.

Eun Ah looked up from the book she was reading and tilted her head, "And do what?"

It had been a week since she was discharged from the hospital, and even though her arm was still in a brace, the overall soreness in her body was fading. The bullet had cracked through her bone and the arm itself still shattered in pain if she twisted it wrong, but the docters told her it was well on its way to healing fully.

But it didn't help that she only had one usable hand.

"You need to change."He said while putting his hand on his hips.

Eun Ah scowled and brought her attention back to her book, "I don't want to."

He sighed and walked closer to the bed where she was tucked into. "You've been wearing the same shirt for like three days."

"Yeah but I hate changing. It's such a hassle with one hand in this ing contraption." She whined.

Yongguk tugged her blanket down so that it pool at her knees. "That's why I'm going to help you get changed."

Eun Ah gave him a look, "You don't really want to help. You just want to see me with my shirt off."

Yongguk scoffed dramatically, "For your information, I actually do want to help you before you start to smell. Seeing you shirtless is just an added bonus."

Eun Ah snorted, "Nice try buddy. Maybe next time."

Yongguk slid the book out of her hands and gently straddled her outstretched legs.  "I'm serious. You need to change and that shirt of mine needs to get washed."

"It's not that bad." She said defensively.

Yongguk rolled his eyes, "If you wear it any longer, it might fuse into your body." 

Eun Ah sighed before stretching one of her hands in the air, in defeat. Yongguk grinned and carefully slipped the shirt sleeve off her injured arm, guiding it out of her brace. After doing the same to her normal arm, he slowly, almost purposely, inched the hem of her shirt up, his fingers teasingly brushing her bare skin.

"I know what you're doing. You think your slick, don't you? Coping a feel on a handicapped person? Classy." She snapped, with narrowed eyes.

Yongguk just smiled innocently at the goosebumps appearing on her stomach as he lifted the shirt over her neck.

He stared at her face, while holding back a smile, but she knew he was making fun of the fact that she was sitting in her bra, displayed for him.

She looked ing adorable with her tousled brown hair, lavendar bra, and scowling face. She was moments away from starting a fist fight with him but all he could think was how endearing she looked right then. 

"Think what you want, but is not going to be great when I have this monstrosity on my arm. I'll just lay there like a log." She deadpanned.

Yongguk raised his brows, "I didn't say anything."

"Just put the shirt on me."

Yongguk snickered and slid one of his tank tops over her frame. "This shirt gives your arm more room so it should be easier for you to change in and out of on your own."

Eun Ah used her good hand to adjust it over her before sighing, "Thanks."

Yongguk kissed her on the cheek before rolling off of her and handing her back her book, "No problem. Is there anything else you need?"

Eun Ah surveyed his tired eyes and greying eye bags before setting the book aside again and shifting away from him. She flipped the blanket over and patted the mattress.

"Let's cuddle."

Yongguk's face paled as he cleared his throat. She knew that he was going to hesitate. In fact, she was positive that he had not spent one full night in bed with her. Every night he'd fall asleep beside her, but when she'd wake up in the middle or the next morning, he'd be gone.

Once she ventured out, only to find him curled on the couch. When she questioned him about it, he said he couldn't go to sleep so he went to watch TV and then just fell passed out but she knew what he was really doing. 

He was so worried about her arm that he wanted her to have the whole bed to herself. He knew that she wouldn't allow him to take the couch that easily or her old bedroom, so instead of telling her the real reason,  he'd just lie.

But she wasn't dumb.

He didn't want to take up space in bed and have her get hurt from resting awkwardly on her arm.

"I actually have errands to ru--"

"Are you really going to leave your girlfriend alone in bed?" She barked.

Yongguk narrowed his eyes, "You're not my girlfriend."

"Fine. Fiancée, whatever. Don't act like I don't know why you sleep on the couch every night." She challenged.

Yongguk closed his eyes and let out a sigh, "Eun Ah, our bed is big, but you need room or you're not going to get better."

Eun Ah kicked her legs childishly, "I'm healing just fine and cuddling isn't going to slow that down."

"I think the main fact that you're healing so well is that you have the whole bed to sleep comfortably." He rebutted.

"Okay first, I've slept beside you for almost over 3 years, I'm pretty sure my body is most comfortable next to yours and second, I don't remember the doctor saying that I needed to sleep alone to get better, so for the millionth time, get in this bed right now before I drag you here and tie you to the frame. And if you still don't, I'll start crying because we both know how you feel about me crying." She ordered.

Yongguk stared at her, his lips parted in shock and the next thing Eun Ah knew, she was being cocooned by a familiar warmth that made her sigh instantly. It felt so good to be held by him that she almost cried. He was so soft and so familiar that it felt like everything was perfect.

His scent filled her nose and her eyes started to actually tear up when the fabric of his sweater brushed her cheek.

"If you were anyone else, you wouldn't have been able to get away with talking to me like that." He mumbled, pressing soft kisses to the side of her head.

"Thank god I'm not anyone else." She murmured.

"Thank god." He repeated. His arm was carefully snug around her body, leaning her against his chest, tucked under his chin.

"You know, you'd never hurt me. So I don't know why you're being so cautious."

"You trust me too much."

"I know." She said breathily.

Yongguk stilled before leaning his head back. "You getting hurt is always my worst case scenario. I already feel like because it's usually my fault so I'm going to do whatever it takes not to make it any worse."

"I wonder what you would've said if you knew three years ago that there would be a time when I would threaten you and you'd listen to me." She teased while letting her eyes slip shut.

Yongguk shifted his body so that her nose was pressed against his collarbones so that he could feel her breath on his skin.

"I probably would've laughed and kicked whoever said that out of my house."  

Eun Ah smiled drowsily when he kissed her forehead. "So what do you think now that it's true?"

Yongguk looked at the ceiling, his thumb hooking around the large arm hole on the tank top she was wearing and tugged it down so that he could her skin.

"I would think that I've never been happier in my life. That I wish I could've had you a lot sooner than I did. I would think that three years ago, when you saved Junhong, making you stay under my protection was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life." He buried his face behind her ear, kissing it gently.

"I love you when you stay stuff like that." She whispered.

"What about when I don't?"

Eun Ah paused for a second, "I love you a little less."

Yongguk snorted, "How kind."

Eun Ah giggled and tilted her head, staring at him until he looked down at her. Yongguk fell in love with those eyes.

He always did.

Those soft brown eyes that always looked at him with so much love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter