Chapter 29

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yumi stared at the Polaroid in her hand for the millionth time.

It was a daily routine for her to get lost in the nostalgia of everything she once had. It was like she was looking into her reflection. The two faces didn't look exactly the same though, but time does that to a person.

Time wears even the most identical faces out until they become unrecognizable.  

A male was pressed up again a smiling Alice Wong. Yumi didn't smile anymore. She didn't smile unless it was to mock someone.

She forgot what it was like to smile so genuinely like in the photo.

The other face in the picture, the male one, was rubbed out but it didn't matter. It wasn't like she didn't know who was in the picture.

There was only one man.

She leaned her head against the sofa and stared at the fading Polaroid until tears slipped down her eyes. The only other person who had this photo was the other person in the image.

When was the last time she cried?

It was all that ing Wu Yifan's fault.

Her life was ruined and he was off running around living his fantastic life without a care in the world.

She flipped the Polaroid to the back and saw the fading ink scribble heartfelt words.

My Hero <3

She bit her lip and squeezed her eyes shut and let out a shuddering breath. Suddenly her tears stopped and her eyes opened but instead of grief and longing they were filled with animosity.

She wasn't just going to sit by silently.

Not when she lost everything.

Not when it was taken away.

She stood up abruptly and grabbed her jacket and handbag before walking up to the dirty mirror. She fixed her new short hair that she cut only a week before she bumped into Kris at the pet store.

She wondered if he was still around that Eun Ah.

She covered her lips in the signature Blood Red No 7 that was worn in the picture before flipping her hair and straightening her back. She rolled her shoulders and strutted out of the door with a new found confidence.

Watch the out.

I'm going to tear you down.

Brick by painful brick.

-----

"He's staying for longer?" Himchan asked Eun Ah, his eyebrow twitching.

Once he woke up, Eun Ah had dragged Himchan to the kitchen and hold him the exciting news.

Well, exciting for her.

After Jin Ho greed to stay, they shared an awkward silence before she let the room and raced to hers, jumping into the bed in excitement.

He was staying!

Eun Ah bit her lip and nodded, "Yeah…I convinced him to stay until he gets fully healed."

"You went to see him?" Himchan knew the answer but asked anyways.

"Um…yeah."

"Why? Why would you do that when I told you not to?" Himchan barked.

Eun Ah frowned, "Does it matter? What's done is done. I'm just letting you know that he'll be sticking around."

"For how long?" Himchan inquired in irritation.

Eun Ah gave him a firm stay, "Until he gets better."

Himchan's brows furrowed. "That's not an answer."

Eun Ah smirked and crossed her arms, "Now you know how it feels."

Himchan groaned and took a step closer to her. "Is this why you're doing this? Are you getting me back for not answering your questions?"

Eun Ah sighed, "Kind of, but mainly I just feel bad for him."

"Because he looks like Yongguk?" Himchan offered coldly.

Eun Ah took a sharp breath but looked away, without responding. She didn't want to talk about that, in fact, she wanted to pretend that, that coincidence didn't exist.

"No, because he was beat up." She said indignantly.

"Don't bother lying to me. That's not a good enough reason, Eun Ah. You're letting a stranger in our house."

"It not our house! It's MY house. Yongguk's gone so I get to decide who stays not you!" She snapped but once she caught her breath her face fell. She didn't mean to be rude, it was just bottling up.

Himchan didn't take offense and just sighed in defeat. He wanted to slam Yongguk's head into a cement wall for agreeing to stay. This was the reason he didn't want Eun Ah near 'Jin Ho', he was positive that if she spent long enough around him, she'd somehow talk him into telling her everything.

And now that he was staying there was a higher chance of him either slipping up or caving into her. He had no clue why Yongguk was pushing his luck so much that it was making him lose his mind. How was Himchan supposed to cover for Yongguk if he kept doing things that made lying hard.  

"If I agree to let him stay for two days will you promise to never see Kris again?" He bargained.

"No."

Himchan scoffed and glared at her, "Wake up princess, you can't everything you want. Make a choice. Jin Ho or Kris."

Eun Ah frowned, "Tell me. Do you know how frustrating it is to listen to you constantly tell me what to do without any reason? I'm not your puppet, if you want something from me you better tell me why because I'm tired. I'm tired of not knowing what everyone's thinking. I'm tired of being kept out of the loop and I'm so ing tired being the last one to know. So please…please just tell me why you hate him so much."

Himchan stared at her, his eyes slowly glazing over when her phone buzzed. He watched her pull it out of her pocket and stare down at it.

To: Eun Ah

Remember that favour you owe me? I want to cash it in.

From: Kris Wu

She gulped and stared at the device in her hand before looking up at her brother. "If you don't tell me the truth, I'm going to walk out that door and meet Kris right now."

Himchan stared at her silently, not making a move or saying a word. Eun Ah faced off with him but every second that passed just made her eyes water more. It was like he didn't trust her or that he didn't think she could handle whatever it was that he was keeping and it hurt.

"Fine. Be that way." She rasped out before turning away. She took two steps away from, towards the front door when she heard his deep voice.

"You said he told you about Alice."

Eun Ah turned around and saw Himchan's eyes staring at the floor. She swallowed her tears and nodded slowly. "Yeah, he did."

"You act like after hearing what he said, you have the full scope of what happened. You act like you know everything from just hearing a few words but do you know how his girlfriend even died?" He asked grimly.

"Ryu did it." Eun Ah said simply. She felt no need of further explanation. That reason should be all that was needed.

Himchan didn't move but his body grew rigid, "Yes, but do you know why?"

Eun Ah frowned, not seeing where Himchan was going with this. "Because he wanted to hit one of Kris's weak points. He wanted to take down the person he cared about the most. Someone vulnerable."

Himchan smiled one of his terrifying smiles that he only used on his victims. "Really? Did Kris tell you that?"

Eun Ah felt something icky crawl up . "Not exactly." In fact it was a conclusion that she had just come to herself because that was one o the reasons that Ryu went after her.

He wanted to take down Ah Min and Eun Yong's daughter and break Yongguk down by taking his wife.

Himchan shook his head in disbelief, "Unbelievable. The reason Alice died was because Kris used her as bait to lure Ryu out."

Eun Ah felt the whole room spin out and blur around her as a high pitched ringing hit her ears. "Wh-what?"

"Yeah. Kris knew that Ryu wanted to go after him by hurting his girlfriend so instead of protecting her like any sane human being would, he went behind his gang's back and used her as bait. He told Ryu that she was going to be out and unprotected and to try to kill her if he could. He didn't actually think Ryu would do. He thought he could kill Ryu himself before he did anything to Alice." Himchan said evenly.

Eun Ah felt nauseous that she could taste bile come up . She felt like she wanted to throw up. "No. no, but Kris said she was going to visit family in Korea."

Himchan nodded, "It's true, she did have family to go visit. But Kris was the one that convinced them to invite her back to Korea for a visit so that she'd walk into Ryu's territory. Her family didn't think of inviting Alice themselves, he told them to do it. He could've said no and kept her close to home where he had an eye on her, but he wanted to use her to catch Ryu."

Eun Ah leaned against the counter to catch her breath in awe. She didn't understand how someone could care so little for a loved one's life that they were willing to put it as risk for their own gain.

Himchan saw the colour drain from her face before continuing. "I'm sure he loves her, but he isn't some wounded puppy. He isn't a man who was d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter