Chapter 38

Come Back Home [Sequel to Home]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"ing hell! What is wrong with you, Himchan?" Yongguk hissed, through his gritted teeth.

Eun Ah shifted awkwardly on her feet when she saw Yongguk's reaction. She knew he hated talking about his parents, more specifically his father.

Saying that it was a touchy subject was an understatement.

If Eun Ah ever brought his parents up in the past he'd immediately shut her down and freeze up. When she asked him if they could visit their grave, he'd snap at her, telling her to drop the topic and not to bring it up again.

He told her that he hated his parents for leaving him and Yongmi and that he never wanted to talk about them again.

"W-What?" Yongmi slowly started stepping closer to them, her face filled with fear. An emotion that Eun Ah rarely saw on the younger girl's face.

Himchan just rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm sorry. It's just that, the way he was looking at you and Yongmi and the ring, I sort of thought that mayb--"

"They're dead." Yongguk's voice was a dark, threatening growl that echoed throughout the room. "Our parents are dead. You know that. So stop talking bull. I thought that I made it clear that no one talks about that."

"You have to admit that you two look similar." Eun Ah said quietly. She had felt something familiar with Jinbum for a long time but it wasn't until Himchan mentioned the relation that she realized that the two of them looked eerily similar.  

They had the same lips, nose and jaw. Yongmi looked a little different, probably more like her mother, but she still had the same eyes.

Her father's eyes.

Yongguk's eyes flashed a look of hurt and betrayal at Eun Ah before looking away. "That's enough. I've had enough."

He raised his hand to point to the front door but Jinbum kept his gaze pinned on the ring. "I remember when I gave your mother that ring. She cried because she thought I was going to break up with her."

Silence.

Deafening, ear splitting silence boomed in the room.

"What?" Yongguk balked, while taking a measured step away.

Jinbum moved his gaze to Yongmi whose hand was covering as tears filled her eyes and smiled softly at her.

"I remember when your mother gave birth to you. You were so pretty and when I held you I realized how small and delicate you were. I vowed that I would protect you and make sure nothing would hurt you." He said.

Yongguk started trembling, his body filling with rage, "What the is your problem? How ing dare you. Bang Soo Juk died 14 years ago."

Jinbum felt his heart prick when Yongguk used his father's full name instead of saying dad.

Instead of calling him dad.

"No. 14  years ago, me and your mother got into a plane crash. She didn't make it but I barely made it out alive." He said solemnly.

Yongguk's face filled with disgust as Yongmi stumbled towards her father and gripped his shoulders, "D-Dad? Is it really you? Y-You're really alive?"

Yongguk yanked his sister off of Jinbum and pushed her behind him. "Get out of my house. Now. And I never want to see you again. Tell Woon that our little partnership is done."

 "I'm not going to leave until you know the full truth, at least." Jinbum said in determination.

Yongguk laughed dryly, but Eun Ah could see the vein throbbing in his forehead and how his face and eyes were red.

"You think I'm going to believe anything that you say to me, now? I didn't before and I'm not going to now. Your must be jealous of the amount of that comes out of your mouth." He hissed crossly.

Jinbum looked desperate, "What do you want me to do to prove to you that I'm telling you the truth? That I'm your father?"

"Proof. Show us proof. Infallible proof that you're our dad." Yongmi challenged.

Yongguk felt his eye twitch. He hated that his sister was giving the benefit of the doubt or even remotely encouraging him and his lies.

He was spinning a web of deceit and his sister was getting caught in it.

Was his sister so delusional that she'd doubt the fact that their father was still alive? After 14 years?

"I don't care what proof you have. Just get out of this house." He ordered demandingly.

Daehyun took a step towards Yongmi, but Himchan shook his head, telling the boy to retreat for the time being.

The only reason that him and Eun Ah were still standing there was because he didn't know what Yongguk would do and if he'd need to be restrained.

Whether it was the truth or not, Yongguk would lash out either way and someone needed to be there before someone got seriously injured.

"With all the resources you have, I thought you'd eventually smell something fishy and try to find me."

Yongguk sneered. "I didn't care that Soo Juk was dead. He could've been murdered in front of my eyes and I wouldn't care enough to find his killer. So when they got into a plane crash, I didn't bother."

"I can't believe that even after the intel that Ryu gave you, you still don't believe me."

Yongguk's blood ran cold.

The envelope.

He hadn't opened it yet. He had no clue what the contents were or what they proved. He looked up at Jinbum who raised his brow.

"I saw the card." Jinbum said softly. "He must've given you some information."

.

Yongguk turned and raced up the stairs before swinging the bedroom door open. Eun Ah didn't hesitate to run after him and stood by the doorway, watching him tear apart the room, looking for his old, bloody clothes. He tossed everything aside and pulled drawers out trying to find it.

"What are you doing?" Eun Ah asked incredulously as he swung the closet door open.

"The day you found me beaten in the alley. Where are my clothes from that night?" He asked, his voice was shaking.

Eun Ah blinked at his rushing figure before slowly walking into the bathroom. She pulled out a plastic bag from under the sing and held it up.

"You mean this?"

Yongguk snapped his head at her, eyeing the dirty, torn clothes and leaped over the bed. He took it from her and in the spur of the moment, kissed the side of her head in delight.

"Yes! Thank you!"

Eun Ah swallowed the feeling in and watched him dump the bag out frantically and shook out his clothes. She had been meaning to throw the clothes away, but she just kept forgetting.

It looked like it was a good thing that she didn't.

Yongguk's heart sped up when a envelope fluttered to the ground, covered in dried blood and folded with dirt.

Eun Ah silently watch in curiosity as he tore the envelope open with his finger and pulled out the sheet that was inside.

His eyes darted around the page, his brain slowly computing the fact that he was looking at citizenship documents, renewed a year ago, with a familiar face looked back at him.

The same face that was standing a level below him.

He fell to his knees as his grip on the paper tightened. His eyes ran over the words again, hoping that he was only seeing things.

"No. No. No. No. How?" He chanted under his breath.

"Y-Yongguk? What is it? You're scaring me."

The paper in his hand fluttered to the ground in defeat and Eun Ah dropped to her knees to pick it up. She scanned the words printed on the government document and her eyes widened at the name on it.

Bang Soo Juk.

"It's really him. He's my dad. He-he's my father."

-----

One moment, Soo Juk watched his only son race up the stairs, but before he got a chance to face his daughter, he came storming back down with a scowl on his face and a crumpled piece of paper in his hands.

Before he could say a word, Yongguk raised his fist and slammed his father in the face, making him stumble back and fall against the couch.

Yongmi gasped and immediately flew to his side, helping him up.

"Yongguk!" Eun Ah yelped. She reached for him, but he shook her off.

"Don't touch him, Yongmi." Yongguk's voice was filled with hatred and fury that none of them heard before. Himchan and Daehyun watched, with wide eyes as everything unfolded.

Yongmi slowly let go of Soo Juk, unsure of her brother's reaction, "Why? What's going on?"

"14 years. You were gone for 14 years. Actually, no. You were gone for 29 years. You were barely father to us. How is this possible? How have you been alive for all this time?" Yongguk barked coldly.

Yongmi's eyes widened and tears fell down her face. She took a step towards her father, but Yongguk yanked her back by the wrist, not caring that she stumbled over her feet.

"I think we should sit down. There's a lot I need to tell you." Soo Juk said while wiping the blood on his lip.

Yongguk laughed loudly, "Do yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter