Meet Again?...

I'm Not One of Those Crazy Girls

Jessica let out a bloodcurdling scream when the basement went dark but as she did so, the lights came right back on. “Jess are you down there?”

Jessica’s fear quickly turned to anger, “Krystal did you just shut off the lights on me!?”

Krystal came down the steps to see what her sister was doing, “Sorry. I thought I left them on when I came down earlier. Why are you going through our photos?”

Jessica sat on a box and looked at Krystal, “I know you were young when we lived in California, but do you remember a Tiffany by chance?”

“Is she Korean?”

“Yes.”

“I remember several Korean friends but none were named Tiffany. Did you try our yearbook? Maybe you knew her in school?”

Jessica stood up right away, “OMG! Why didn’t I think of that!” Jessica gave her sister a quick hug before running back upstairs to find her old yearbooks.

 

It didn’t take long for Jessica to find her old yearbooks so she started scanning the page to see if she found a Korean-Tiffany but there wasn’t one. She felt defeated so she just started scanning the book and found a Mi-young Hwang who looked similar to Tiffany. “I wonder if this is her? Why did I forget to ask her last name?” Jessica bookmarked the page and put it into her backpack so she can confront the girl tomorrow.

 

“Are you sure it is her?”

“Come on Sunny the resemblance is shocking!”

Sunny looked at the photo again before shrugging her shoulders, “Fine. If you scare her away that is all on you buddy.”

“I am not being a creeper! I just want to ask her if she went to my old school. How is that being creepy?”

“I don’t know. You look like an obsessed fan right now.”

Jessica groaned, “Whatever. I am still asking her.”

Just then Tiffany entered the classroom smiling at Jessica and Sunny, “Morning!”

Jessica and Sunny returned their greetings before class started.

 

After a few classes, there was a short break in which Jessica was hoping to confront Tiffany about the yearbook picture, “Ah Tiffany do you have some time to spare?”

Tiffany was feeling giddy that Jessica initiated a conversation with her, “Of course. It is break.”

Jessica smiled before fishing out the yearbook from her backpack, “I was looking at some of my old yearbooks and I came across this.” Jessica showed Tiffany the picture, “Is this you by chance? I mean you both have the same last name and all.”

“Jessica you really don’t remember?”

“Humm? Remember what?”

 

            ~8 Years Ago~

 

Jessica was walking back from the convenience store with her sister Krystal after buying some ice cream. The two sisters were happily enjoying their frozen treat as they walked back to the playground in the blistering heat. “Unnie?”

Jessica looked to her sister, “Humm?”

“Why are those boys surrounding that girl?”

Jessica looked over to where her sister pointed. Immediately she recognized the boys were from her school and known to bully some of the weaker kids. Anger quickly arose when she saw the boys ganging up on a helpless girl. “Krystal stay here.” Being an obedient sister, Krystal took a seat on the bench while she watched her sister approach the boys.

“Yah!” Jessica screamed at the boys. The four boys stopped what they were doing and watched as the beauty of their school approached them in anger.

“Je...sssica?” The boys swooned.

“What are you doing?”

The boys backed away from the girl immediately, “No..nothing.” The boys quickly helped the girl they were picking on off the ground, “She fell. No problem at all.” The boys nudged each other, “we should bet going. See you at school Jessica.”

Jessica watched as the boys retreated before setting her attention on the girl who looked a bit dirty before her. Like a reflex, Jessica went to brush the dirt off the girl, “They won’t bother you again.”

The scared girl looked at Jessica hesitantly, “Than..nk you...”

Jessica gave a big smile, “No problem. Are you alright?”

“Ah yes...”

Jessica took a of her ice cream, “Good. I have to get going.” With that, Jessica skipped happily back to her sister while the girl watched the beauty.

 

            ~Present~

 

“That was you!”

Tiffany let out a hesitant laugh, “Small world huh?”

“Wow. You turned into such a beauty! No boys would dare pick on you anymore.” Tiffany blushed immediately when she heard the girl compliment her.

Jessica pulled Tiffany closer, “Come on. You are part of our group now. Wait till I tell Sunny about it!”

Tiffany was stiff blushing like crazy when Jessica initiated contact. At this moment she felt like the happiest person on earth finally getting a chance to get close to her long time crush. Yes there wasn’t a day that went by that Tiffany didn’t think about Jessica. At first she thought it was mere lust since the girl was so beautiful in her eyes but as she watched the girl closer, she fell in love with her caring and thoughtful nature. However, it pained her a bit knowing that Jessica didn’t know her existence until now.

“Tiffany?”

Tiffany stepped back in shock when she saw Jessica’s face so close to hers, “Ah yea?”

“I said lets go find Sunny and you zoned out.”

“Oh...did I?”

“Humm yea. Something bothering you?”

Tiffany waved her hands, “No no. We should go find her while we still have time.”

Jessica smiled and took Tiffany’s hand while they left the classroom to find her friend.

 

After searching a while, Jessica found Sunny in the broadcasting room since she was the president of the club, she would go there often. Jessica snuck up on Sunny and tackled her into a tight bear hug, “Sunny bunny!!”

Sunny groaned, “Ah are you trying to kill me!?”

“Hehe no. Just giving you all my love!”

Sunny laughed at her affectionate friend, “What is it you want.”

Jessica pulled Tiffany into the room, “I want to introduce you to my old school mate!”

Sunny watched in amusement, “Oh so you and Tiffany went to the same school before.”

Tiffany laughed slightly, “Ah yea. Small world.”

Sunny nodded her head, “Looks like Jessica is happy to have you around.”

Jessica smiled, “Well it isn’t like every day you meet a long lost...umm...well fate...ah I don’t know. Somehow we were destined to come together again!”

“Jessica I think it is just coincidence that you two ended up in the same school again.”

“Aww Sunny you strip the fun out of the mysteries in the world.”

“My dear Jessica there is no such thing as fate and destiny. I am just going to tell you the hard truth.”

Tiffany just watched at the two friends bickered until Jessica noticed Tiffany felt a bit left out, “What do you think Tiffany? Fate and destiny, is it real?”

“Oh I am not sure. It could be.”

Jessica grinned, “well to do you think it we were destined to meet again?”

 

 

 


Author's Note

Wow lots of you said the last chapter was creepy but no stalker in this chapter. A small break to get some Jeti action going. What do you think about Tiffany meeting Jessica again? Just coincidence or not?