We Meet...

I'm Not One of Those Crazy Girls

“Hyuna?”

“No.”

“Narsha?”

“No.”

“Jooyeon?”

“No.”

“Hyomin?”

“Gah! Jessica for the billionth time no! No one hates me for any reason.”

Jessica bit into her sandwich, “Someone has to hate you.”

“Can you not talk with food in your mouth? I mean your mannerisms don’t match that pretty face of yours.”

Jessica smiled, “If you keep calling me pretty I might fall for you.”

“If you do, I am sure the whole boy population would want to murder me.”

“Oh then I shouldn’t. I can’t lose my best friend.”

Sunny face-palmed herself, “You could be a bit more modest.”

“That wouldn’t fit my pretty little face now would it?” The two girls started laughing until they were interrupted by a girl standing at their table.

“I umm don’t have friends yet...do you mind if I sit with you two?”

Jessica and Sunny looked at each other before letting the girl sit with them, “I am Sunny and this is Jessica.”

The girl gave a bright smile, “I am Tiffany! I saw you were both in my first period.”

Jessica left Sunny to do most of the conversing, “Oh yes I remember. You said you just moved here?”

“I am from California originally.”

“Oh...Jessica is from there too.”

Jessica looked up from her food, “Ah yea I am.”

Tiffany turned her attention to Jessica, “Really?! When did you come here?”

“I was in the 5th grade.”

“Oh. You have been here a while then.”

“Yep.”

Sunny gave Jessica a nudge to be nicer to the girl but Jessica just ignored her friend’s evil glare. “So Tiffany why did you move here?”

“My parents are still in California. I came to live with my grandparents here because I wanted to understand where I came from.”

“Wow that is bold.” By this time Jessica finished her lunch and got up, “Jess where are you going?”

“Nap.”

“Really? Now?”

“Food makes me tired.” Jessica left Sunny and Tiffany and went out.

“Don’t mind her. She isn’t comfortable around new people.”

“Oh it is fine. I mean we just met today.”

Sunny laughed to clear the awkwardness, “Umm so what do you have next?”

 

 

Jessica went to her usual classroom but this time she wasn’t tired. Something about Tiffany made her feel uncomfortable. She couldn’t quite place it but she didn’t like being around her that much. Instead of sleeping Jessica sat in the corner trying to sort out her thoughts.

Suddenly the door flung open, “Oh sorry. I thought this was a different room.”

“It is okay. You can come in if you want.”

The girl took a seat close to Jessica, “Do you come here to nap?”

“Usually.”

“I can go if I am bothering you.”

Jessica stood up and went to a chair near the girl, “It is fine. I am not tired. How did you find this room though? Not many that go to this school even know it exists.”

“I got lost. How did you find it first?”

Jessica eyed out the girl wondering if it was good for her to open up to her or not. The girl was pretty and seemed very innocent, “I wanted to break in one night.”

“Are you a delinquent? You look too pretty to be one...” The girl said shyly.

“No. I left my phone and they locked the school. I just wanted to get it since we were on holiday the next day.”

“So you broke in?”

“Yea. This was the only room with the window open.”

“I see.”

“You said your name was Tiffany right?”

The girl smiled, “Yea...”

“Have we met before? I mean you seem familiar.”

“Maybe since we both are from California we might have crossed paths.”

“Ah yes maybe. Well welcome to Korea. It is different here so if you need help. You can contact Sunny and I.”

“Ah okay. Thank you.” Tiffany quickly wrote some numbers on a paper and handed it to Jessica, “umm here is my phone number...”

Jessica looked at the paper and smiled, “I will message you with my number later then.”

Tiffany smiled while she left the room. Jessica looked at the paper, “Tiffany...why do you look so familiar?”

Jessica quickly sent Tiffany a message before putting her phone away and heading to class.

 

 

That night Jessica laid on her bed thinking about the new girl. She decided to put her thoughts to rest by looking for some old photos. She quickly made it off her bed and went to ask her parents, “Mom where are the photos when we lived in the States?”

“Basement with the other photos.”

“Oh yea that makes sense.”

Jessica didn’t like going into their basement which was used mostly for storage, but she wanted to get to the bottom of things. The basement wasn’t well lit so Jessica carefully made her way down the steps until she reached the bottom. She walked around carefully looking for the storage container with the photos. After a little while searching Jessica found the box.

Jessica started digging around but she sighed in defeat when she saw how many photos occupied the box. After an hour Jessica was about to give up since all she saw was pictures with her family but then her phone started buzzing. Jessica took out her phone and checked the message, “You look pretty even in the dark...” Suddenly the basement lights switched off.

 

 


Author's Note

I think the chapter will always be short. I don't know why but I can't make them longer. I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for almost having 100 subscribers even though I only posted one chapter! Also all the comments and upvotes were really encouraging!!