Part 1 -Beginnings

Nightly Fool

"Do any of you have girlfriends?" Asked one of the many press. The press conference was only our first, but I already knew that I didn't like them.

"I don't believe any of us do," Yoo Jin, who went by Jean, said. He looked around at us to see if anyone was going to speak up.

"Who is the leader of the group?" Someone else asked.

"Yoo Jin hyung is the leader," Hyun Jae said with a grin as Yoo Jin raised his hand.

"Are you all close? Have you fought before?"

"No, we get on surprisingly well. I believe we've only had one fight, though it was over something small. We've become family now, in a way." I spoke now.

"What is the order of your ages?"

"Hyun Joo is the oldest, then it's K.I, Jean, Aaron, Prince, Ji Tae, M.I.A. and I'm the maknae." Vince declared, his white teeth and his dimples showing when he smiled.

"Okay! That looks that all the time we have for now. Thank you everyone for coming!"

I stepped off the stage, wiping sweat off my forehead and neck. "Why'd the stylist make me wear pants today?" I mumbled to Hyun Jae, who was completely sweat free and wearing shorts rather than skinny jeans.

"I don't think she likes you," He joked, letting out a laugh.

"I'll have to make her like me then," I smirked.

Hyun Jae glared at me, "Not like that I hope, hyung."

My eyebrows rose, "I was joking! I might buy her candy or something. That might get me on her good side."

"Good, make sure to buy me some, too, hyung!" Hyun Jae said, sticking out his tongue before taking off in the direction of the washrooms.

"Hey! How dare you stick your tongue out at your hyung!" I yelled after him, but once he was gone I started to laugh. "Ah, he's so childish."

~

"Nightly Fool, an 8 member boy band has just debuted through E.R. Entertainment! They're brand new but seem to have tons of fans already, who are all over social media currently! Let's take a look at their press conference, which took place yesterday!"

"Wow, hyung! We're on the news!" Hyun Jae squealed excitedly.

"Yeah, I know. You've been saying that for the past hour." I paused, smiling. "This is amazing. I never imagined we'd be so popular so soon." I opened my laptop, checking different kpop news sites, seeing many photos of myself and my 7 other band members.

"Hyung, look on Youtube! See if there are reaction videos to our music video, or nice comments!" Hyun Jae requested, sitting next to me on my bed.

"But they'll be in English, Hyun Jae."

"I'll translate!" He said, taking the laptop from my hands and settling it on his legs. He quickly switched the keyboard from Korean to English, and searching Youtube. "Wow! There's lots! Omo! Our music video's reached two million views! It's only been 6 hours!"

I was amazed. Hyun Jae looked at the comments on the video, translating the English ones to Korean for me. There were so many comments on how great the video was, how talented we were, how good looking we were. I was amazed by the compliments.

I flopped down on my bed. "Is this a dream?" I asked him. "This is too good to be true!"

"You're not dreaming, hyung! Daebak!"

I pinched myself, to be sure. "This is so perfect."

"Hyung! Tickets to our concert tomorrow are sold out! That means there's going to be thousands of people there!"

"Thousands? For us?"

I felt like I was on cloud nine.

Everything was perfect.

~

2 MONTHS AFTER DEBUT

Nightly Fool comeback is tomorrow! I can't wait!

Omo, I feel like every second is an hour, I'm so excited for this comeback!

The teaser photos of Prince are so gorgeous!

  > I know, right? K.I's are absolutely amazing, too!

Nightly Fool, I love you! Dont overwork yourselves too much for us!

 

"Our fans are so supportive. I love them," I grinned, looking up at Hyun Jae. We had just finished filming the dance practice for our new song, Psycho.

I sat on the bench of the dance room, all of our other members had just left. "Are you gonna practice any more, hyung?"

I shook my head, "I'll watch you if you want to keep practicing." Prince smiled.

"Can you man the stereo?" He asked, getting into position, looking into one of the many mirrors on the walls.

"Of course," I declared, pressing the play button on the stereo and putting down my cell phone.

Hyun Jae began to dance, and as he danced, sweat dripped down his back, his hair had become damp. It was times like this that he became Prince, rather than the Hyun Jae I knew.

He turned swiftly, finishing the last move, panting and staring into my eyes.

His eyes were so beautiful. They were tired but still full of life. He was sweaty, but it wasn't unattractive in my eyes, even though the back of his shirt was stained with sweat and it stuck to his skin.

It was then I realized how amazing he really was.

"Hyung? Can you pass me my water bottle?" Hyun Jae asked.

"Huh? Oh! Sorry, I spaced out." I handed him the water bottle, shaking my head. I took a towel an began to dry his forehead.

"Thanks."

~

One week after comeback 'Psycho'

Hyun Jae and I held hands tightly. My eyes were closed.

"And the winner for best comeback is..."

I felt my heart beat fast. I wasn't sure whether is was happiness that we were nominated for our third award since our debut, anxiety, or the fact that Hyun Jae's hand was entwined with mine.

"Nightly Fool! Congratulations!"

I jumped up in excitement, hugging Hyun Jae as my group went to accept the award. Yoo Jin spoke for us, thanking the fans and our staff. I stood there with a large grin on my face.

Once we accepted the award, we headed backstage. Our makeup was touched up, our clothes were straightened, and we went onto the stage to perform.

Loud screams were heard as the music began to play and the spotlights were . I scanned the crowd, seeing many different signs with names on them.

One caught my eye. Written on it were six words.

"Hyun Jae + Min Ki = Hyun Ki!"