Prologue - Debut

Nightly Fool

"Hyung! Wake up!" I opened my eyes, squinting up at my friend's face.

"Hyun Jae, what time is it? Go back to your bed, it's still dark..." I mumble, covering my face with my warm blanket and rolling away from him.

"It's six in the morning, hyung. We have to get ready. We're debuting today! We're not gonna be trainees anymore!" Hyun Jae shouted energetically, and I shot out of my bed.

"What time is the performance again?" I asked quickly.

Hyun Jae giggled at my messy light brown hair, "Eight PM, but we have to be there by four o' clock. Go fix your hair, hyung."

"Why couldn't you just wake me up at eight AM!" I grumbled before walking to the bathroom, leaving my laughing roommate by my bed.

~

"Nightly Fool, you're going on stage in ten minutes," Someone said before closing the dressing room door.

"Nervous, K.I. hyung?" Hyun Jae, or Prince, as he had decided as his stage name a few months ago, asked me with a comforting smile.

"Of course. But excited. What about you?" I replied, standing up as the girl who had been doing my makeup finished perfecting my eyeliner.

"Mainly excited. I've been wondering how many people are here to see us." He grinned. "Come here, let's take a selca!"

I walked over to him as he got out his phone, making a v-sign as he took the photo.

"Guys, once Aaron's makeup is done all eight of us should take a photo, then we can remember it once we're internationally famous!"

"Good idea, hyung!" Yoo Jin, or Vince, said with a nervous grin.

Aaron, or Seung Hun, got up when his makeup was finished, and Prince asked one of the staff to hold the phone.

We all smiled for the camera, and I wrapped an arm around Prince's shoulders.

~

As I walked onto the stage, with the other 7 of my band members by my sides, I heard loud screams. I smiled slightly, giddy that so many people had come just to see us.

Suddenly, the music started playing and we started doing the dance that we had spent hours practicing, singing the song that we had sung until our throats were straining to keep up.

We were finally here. In front of the people who had come here, for us. Doing what we had dreamed of since forever.

When I scanned the crowd, seeing girls holding signs with our names on them, it sent a rush through me.

Finally, the last chords of the song rang through my ears. Our foreheads and backs had drops of sweat, but our eyes were sparkling with happiness.