005

Seatbelt?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Suho enters the room ten minutes later to fetch Chanyeol out, he finds him with his back against the end of the bed, his knees hugged to his chest on the floor.

“What on earth are you doing?” the leader asks, baffled.

“He might not want me here, so I didn’t want him to see me if he woke up. So I’m down here. And I was going through his file.”

“You what? Why?”

“I had a feeling the doctors were lying to me,” he shrugs.

“And were they?”

“They were just leaving stuff out. They put him in a coma. He could have amnesia, Su. He might not remember any of us or what happened, or what we had, and I can’t even think about that. It’s either him hating me or not knowing who I am, and I don’t know which is worse.”

“Maybe it won’t be either of those two, Chan. Think on the positive side.”

“You’re right,” he smiles fakely, “Let’s think positive.” There’s sarcasm dripping from his voice, making Suho cringe. “I mean, our bandmate is in critical condition and has already died once, but let’s think positive. He might not remember his own bloody boyfriend, but let’s think positive. He could wake up and never be the same again, but let’s think positive. Or better yet, he just might not wake up. But yeah, sure, let’s be positive.”

He storms out of the room since his time is up, stomping right through the waiting room and surprisingly heading for the double doors to leave. His boyfriend probably won’t even wake up. The file he read had mentioned smaller chances than they told him, and it also mentioned that there’s an incredibly high chance of amnesia. As he sits on a bench outside with his head in-between his knees, the tears come back.

All that he and Baek had, would they ever have it again? Would he ever feel those gorgeous lips upon his own again? Ever feel his heartbeat so close to his own again? Ever hear those three words leave the lips he loved so much again?

* * *

Chanyeol doesn’t leave the hospital, as much as he’d like to. No, he stays and supports his friends who, as Chen pointed out, are still Baekhyun’s friends. He’s not the only one suffering. Luhan still worries over Sehun, even though the maknae is perfectly fine now, save for a few pesky bruises.

Weeks pass, Sehun leaves the hospital and returns to the dorm, and Exo M cancel their plans to return to China so that Luhan can take care of Sehun like he insists he should. Baekhyun still doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter