Chapter 4: Music Bank Concert

~DREAM: SMEntertainment's New Girl Group~ | Story Starting |

Today is the day of the Music Bank concert. Since DREAM is still under training and haven't made their official debut yet, they are going to be helping out backstage. They have all been assigned to help out their EXO "brother" and also help out other idols as well. SM wants them to become familiar and get to know their fellow idols better. "Yah! Wake up! We have to help set up for the conert! Wake up!" Manager Shinwoo yelled while walking into their dorm. He banged on each of their doors and heard loud groans everytime he did so. "Don't whine, you want to be idols right?" "Ne." They all replied, dragging it out, as they walked out of their rooms and rubbed their eyes. They followed him to the living room area and sat down. "Now, today you will be volunteering at the Music Bank Concert. You will be assigned to help your EXO brothers and to help other idols as well. This is your chance to communicate with fellow idols and become familiar with your surroundings. Also it gives you a chance to realize how difficult it is to help the performers." He explained as everyone nodded their heads in agreement. "Will many idols be there?" Xiaomi asked and he nodded in reply, "Yes, there will be many, almost everyone in the music industry will be there." 

  "Wah, daebak." Naiyu said imagining what it's going to be like later on. "Well hurry! Go get ready! Aish." Their manager told and everyone scurried off to their rooms to get ready. After about 30 minutes to an hour, the girls were done, got into the vans, and made their way to the Music Bank Concert. When they reached their destination they were greeted by the main people that run the show and were directed to their certain stations that they woud be working at. The girls were bustling around the stadium making sure everything was in order and also helping around backstage making sure everything was where they needed to be. After a few hours, all that was left was for the idols to arriv and everything would be ready to go.

  After the girls finally had a chance to sit down, their manager yelld for them to get back up since the idols began to check in. They each took turns taking the talented pople to their dressing rooms, switching everytime there would be another person checking in.

  As some girls were having fun meeting their fellow idols, others were greeted by people that they weren't too fond of.

   Aerim was waiting for her next turn to show someone to their dressing room and soon enough she was called up. She ran to the hallway and was greeted by F(x)'s Krystal. "Oh, Annyeonghaseyo Aerim-unnie." Krysal geeted her elder as Aerim rolled her eyes before she was elbowed by her manager. She looked up at Manager Shinwoo, who was glaring at her, and then back at Krystal before bowing slightly "Annyeonghaeyo Krystal-ssi. Follow me to your dressing room." She said between her teeth trying not to yell as Krystal linked their arms and acted cute in front of the staff.

  "So." Krystal dragged out as she unlinked their arms and followed Aerim "Where's Kai-oppa? Did he not want to be seen with you here?" She taunted as Aerim just huffed and tried to ignore the younger by walking faster. "Y'know, you should keep your eye on him. He might slip out of your hands." She smirked once again and Aerim finally got tem to her room and slammed open the doo catching the attention of nearby staff members. "Here. Is. Your. Room." She said through her teeth again. Krystal smirked before walking in "Kamsahabnida." and closed the door. Aerim growled a little bit and took a deep breath befoe walking back to the waiting area.

  "Yah!" There was a yell heard and soon a girl was being seen dragged out by security. Nora followed the men to get a closer look on what was happening and saw a squirming girl in their hold. "Let go of me! I have a right to be here!" Se heard the grl scream and instantly recognized her voice, Sarah. "What are you doing here? You can't be back here." Nora said and the security guards put he girl on the floor. "Do you know her?" they asked, but before Nora could answer Sarah did "Yes! We went to school together! Tell them! If she can be back here so can I!" Nora looked at the girl that used to be her friend. "No. I'm sorry. She can not be back here." Nora calmly said and walked away hearing Sarah shout behind her.

  "Jihyun-ah!" Jihyun heard her name be called and she turned to the direction the voice came from. "Jihyun-ah! What are you doing here? I thought you guys haven't debuted yet." A girl named Minah ran up to her and asked. "I'm working backstage and yah! I am older than you!" Jihyun replied and was about to smack the girl, but remembered that she didn't want to have a bad reputation and stopped herself.

  "You may be older, but I am still more experienced in this industry and I am your sunbae." Minah gloated and Jihyun rolled her eyes. "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah I know. Let me show you your room." "Oh, don't get all grumpy. Don't worry maybe, just maybe, you will get to the same level that I am in. But by then I'll probably be way higher." Minah joked and laughed loudly and Jihyun just fake laughed along.

  "Excuse me, but have you seen Baekhyun?" Seulmi heard someone asked and turned around and saw a girl from 2eyes. She wanted to greet herself since the girl knew who Baekhyun was and so that's what she did. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Seulmi, nice to meet you." "Oh, annyeonghaseyo. My name is Daeun." They bowed and had an awkward silence afterwards. "Oh, sorry. Probably thought I was a sasaeng. I overheard you talking about Baekhyun-oppa so I thought you were friends with him." She explained. "Oh. Yes me and Baekhyun were friends in high school." Seulmi was surprised at her statement since she never really saw her at school. "Really? Me too! Wow, how cool." "Well anyways, why are you here? Not to be rude, but I've never seen your face before." Daeun asked.

  "Oh, I'm a trainee but I'm here to see and help out Baekhyun-oppa. Along with other idols of course!" She saved herself and laughed awkwardly while Daeun just glared. "Oh. Well I must go it was nice meeting you. And do me a favor and tell Baekhyun I say hi." Daeun said, her voice switching from her happy tone to a slightly deeper and les cheerful one, and walked off leaving Seulmi confused but just shrugged it off.

  Xiaomi was running around helping the staff and making sure everything was in order. Suddenly she and someone else collided with each other and fell onto the ground. She groaned slightly before getting up and brushing off her clothes and holding out a hand to the other, who gladly took it. "Thank you and sorry." the other said before running off. Xiaomie recognized the girl as Yura from Girls' Day.

 Just as the girls gathered back into the waiting room and had yet another chance to sit down, they were called up once again and groaned in unison which made them laugh. "Girls. EXO is here, take them to their dressing rooms and help them get ready." Manager Shinwoo said and the girls found their "brother" and led them to the rooms.

 "Yah! Your making it too tight! I'ts choking me!" Sehun whined while Yuki was tying his tie. "Stay still! Oh Sehun!" She yelled trying not to mess up as he kept squirming and pushing away her hands. "Sehun-ah." She whined as she could not get him to stay still, but suddenly he stopped and smirked at her. "Ah, I like it when you say my name like that." He ishly said making her eyes widen and a blush come across her face. "Byuntae!" She yelled before shoving him and smacking his chest and walking out of his dressing room.

  "Yeobo. Krystal was bugging me again." Aerim said as she fluffed up Jongin's hair. "Don't mind her okay, just think about me." Jongin said being very cheesy and making her laugh. "Your so cheesy. But it's okay because it makes you cute." She said while giving him a kiss on the cheek and making him blush. "Yah! Your blushing! Ah, kyeopta!" She said laughing and pointing at Jongin who tried to cover his blush wit his hand. "Stop it." He said while pouting and she just squished his cheeks. "Aw, your cute my little wolf, but that will not work on me." She said before giving him a quick kiss and leaving the room.

 "Naiyu. I got you a gift." Yxing said while holding out a box in front of her. "Jinjja? Why?" She said finishing his tie and taking the box out of his hands. "Just because." he grinned and she squinted her eyes at him. "Hmm. Something doesn't seem right." She said as she opened the box and reveald the chocolates. "Chocolate? What kind?" "Your favorite! Mint!" He said and she dropped the box. "Yah! Yixing! You are not nice!" She hit him on his arm before sitting on the couch that was in the room. "Don't worry," he said putting one of the chocolates in his mouth, forgetting that they were on the floor, and pulled out another box. "Here, these aren't mint." He said and she gladly took it and ate one before laughing and walking out with Yixing.

  "How was it? Helping out and everything." Zitao asked the girl who was currely buttoning up his suit. "It was okay.I saw an old friend, but it didn't turn out well." Nora explained as she finished with the last button. "Oh, I'm sorry." He said and gave her a hug, which surprised her but she ended up hugging him back. "It's okay, plus it's not your fault." She said giving him an eye smile and he blushed slightly at the sight. "I hope you do good out there! Fighting!" She said making a fist while saying fighting. The two laughed and walked out to meet the others.

 "Good luck out there, Kris. Or Yifan. Or would you prefer Kris?" Jihyun stumbled on her words as Yifan laughed. "Either is fine." She nodded her head and blushed slightly. "So." She said swaying side to side trying to think of something to talk about, but was interupted when she heard another laugh from Yifan. "You remind me of like a little girl when you do that." "Yah! Why does everyone think of me as a younger!" "Because you are younger. Well younger than me." He said and she laughed "Obviously, but I mean so does Minah. She does't use honorifics towards me." "Don't stress about it." He said before patting her head and walking out.

 "Do Kyungsoo! Where did you go? I came back with your tie!" Rui yelled as she came back into an empty dressing room after going out to get a tie for Kyungsoo. "Aish." She said while turning around and was met by a really close up view of Kyungsoo's face. "Boo." He calmly said and scared the latter making her scream and back up. "Yah! Aish! I'll get you back for that!" She joked while starting to tie the tie around his neck. "I had to. Plus if you weren't such a scaredy cat, you wouldn't have fe for it." He said laughing, but stopped when she looked up at him with one eyebrow raised. "Okay, Okay." He said and held his hands up in defense and the two laughed.

 "Joonmyeon-oppa, are you okay?" Jewel asked as she saw Joonmyeon looking tired as ever on the couch. "Ne, just a little tired since some of the members kept me up last night." He said rubbing his eyes and Jewel sat down next to him holding out a cookie to him. "Here. It's not much, but it's better than nothing." She smiled and he blushed a little as he took the cookie from her and shoved it all in his mouth. "Slow down." She laughed and he just smiled with puffed cheeks making her laugh even more. "Fighting!" She said before giving him a hug and walking out of the room.

  "Jiyeonnie! You're supposed to be helping me!" Chanyeol whined and sat next to Jiyeon who was sitting on the couch, scrolling through her phone. "Wait, I got a notification from Twitter." "But you're on Instagram!" He pointed at the screen and Jiyeon locked her phone and laughed. "Okay, Okay, but you don't need any help you look fine." She said and he ruffled up his hair. "Now I'm not see! Help me!" He said and sat down on a chair in front of a mirror. She laughed, but smoothed down his hair and looked at him through the mirror. "There, all pretty now." She laughed and he stood up and ruffled her hair before running off and saying a quick thanks while laughing.

 "Luhan! You look so pretty!" Eunbi joked as she touched his hair, but was stopped when he grabbed her wrist. "Yah, I'm no pretty!" "Okay, you're ugly then!" "That's not what I meant! I'm manly!" He whined and fixed his hair. "I know I'm just kidding and just because you're good at sports, doesn't mean that you are manly." She explained giving him a look that said 'Duh.' "Whatever stupid." He said in Chinese and she looked at him confusedly and realized that he spoke in Mandarin. "Yah! I can't speak Mandarin!" "I know that's the point." He joked and she just pouted at him before laughing with him.

 "Baekhyun-oppa." Seulmi spoke while he was on his phone. "Ne." "Daeun-ssi told me to tell you that she says hi." He looked up from his phone and looked at her "Daeun?" "Ne." She said and sat down next to him. "Well I say Hi back." He laughed. "I didn't know you guys were friends in high school. How come you never introduced me to her?" "We weren't really friends back then, more like aquantances." He explained and she made an 'o' with . He laughed and the expression on her face and pinched her cheeks. "Y-yah! That hurts!" She yelled before pinching his cheek hard. "Ow!"

 "La!" Jongdae sang and Xiaomi followed him after singing, "Si!" The two of them practiced their vocals and sang the scale seeing who could reach the highest note, Xiaomi obviously winning. "Y'now you sing really pretty Xiaomi-ah." Jongdae complimented and she just smacked his shoulder "Shut up, plus you sing way better than I do. You make all the girls swoon with your charisma." She laughed and he whined. "Don't be like that, you sing good too! and they like me for my dancing skills too!" "Oh, yea most definitely." Xiaomi said sarcastically,making the duo laugh in sync.

  "Mikyoungie. What are you doing?" Minseok asked the girl who was spinning in the chair. "Spinning!" She yelled and laughed, making Minseok laugh as well. She stopped herself and got up, but fell on the floor from being too dizzy. "Paboya." He laughed and helped her up and they sat down on the couch. "I'm so tired Mickey." He said and leaned on her shoulder and she started to pat his head. "Aw, poor Minnie." They laughed at their nicknames for each other. He layed his head on her lap and she started to play with his hair. "Don't fall asleep, you have to go soon." She said and he just groaned in reply making her laugh again.

  After the concert ended, the members of DREAM cheered for everyone's performances and bid their goodbyes and went back to the dorm. They were all so tired that they didn't even make it to their bedrooms and just fell asleep in the living room, some on the floor and some on the couch, and some even half way on the couch and half way on the floor. But overall they had a good day, especially when they got to hang out with their EXO "brothers."