IX.

The Acacia Treehouse

I ran back home, fast as my little feet could take me. When I got to our front lawn, I slowed down, calmed down no faster. I walked to the front door with the same cautiousness that I had when I left. The way things had transpired, how quickly things happened, rattled me and rendered me incapable of opening the door. Fortunately, I opened it without creating much noise. Locking it behind me, I silently ran, bolted for the stairs and locked myself in my room. Emotions sullen and low, I ran for my bed and threw myself on it, tightly embracing my pillow as a means for comfort and prayed hard to God that everything that had just transpired was a big, bad dream and I would wake up the happy young child I was before, and would go out to see Kyuhyun, to hold him, play with him, laugh with him.

But everything was all a brutal reality.

I was sleepless. I guess I spent the entire evening crying silently to myself, sobbing with shoulders shaking up and down, mourning heavily at a young age the loss of a friend whom I had known since I was barely walking. I was broken like never had I been in my young life. 

Why? I thought you weren't going to leave me...

These thoughts recurred in my head, asking myself and his soul over and over again hwy he had deserted me. It didn't make any sense to me at that age. I was just lost and confused.