VI.

The Acacia Treehouse

The following snowy day I was at the treehouse with Kyuhyun. We were playing Monopoly when the thought of what had occurred two nights ago replayed in my brain. I looked at Kyuhyun who was busy with his pieces and his money and asked him something. 

"Have you ever been touched before?" I didn't know how that woud sound to him and he certainly didn't know how to respond to it. It was so foregin, so alien to him.

"I'm...I have I believe. My mother hugs me everyday and me and my brother touch each other when we play tag."

"No!" a cross expression came on my face. "Not that kind. The other kind. The weird kind."

Kyuhyun was at a loss. He had no idea still what I was talking about at the time. I scooted closer to him but he moved farther, puzzling me thus.

"What is the weird kind?"

"The kind people on TV do?"

"Violently?" he asked innocently.

"No. No. Like...like how lovers do on TV." At the sound of this, Kyuhyun's pupils dilated and his mouth was quite, slightly agape. I stared into his dark blue eyes and was slowly breathing through my mouth.

"Like..." Kyuhyun scooted closer and put his hand on my thigh. We both had no idea what we were doing. We were both kids and our knowledge of things ual in nature and such innuendoes were rudimentary at best. Nontheless, feeling anxious about the ticklish sensation that a child's small, boyish hand on my skin, I still moved closer.

"You look very beautiful." Kyuhyun blurted unconsciously. I didn't know how to react. Our faces just moved closer and closer to each other, noses nearly touching. Then, at the age of nine, him at the age of ten; underneath the December moonlight with the climate that could parallel that of the Artics

It happened.

Kyuhyun's lips pecked mine and I pecked back. It was a quick peck but it felt like a million beautiful blue butterflies surged into my body, coursed through my veins. It was just that single moment, a single simple moment that awakened me. Illuminated in the moonlight were oure youthful faces, eyes filled with innocence, nothing more nothing less.

"I wish this could go on forever." Kyuhyun said. I leaned on his shoulder and agreed with him via a small nod.

"Yes." I said meekly. The chilly weather was making us feel even sleepier. Me, being someone who fell asleep easily, fell asleep as soon as I could on his shoulder. Sensing this, Kyuhyun laid me down on the floor of the treehouse and covered me with a small blanket. He too felt sleepy due to the weather and laid down beside me, going under the sheets and sooner drifting into a deep slumber.