Chapter 7

A change of heart?

 

 

 

Kibum hadn't been joking when he said he'd tell Jinki hyung to fetch Jonghyun. Furious after his phone conversation with him he stomped to the leader's room and knocked on the door a few times.

Some shifting noises could be heard and then a voice said "Come in."

Kibum opened the door and spotted both Jinki and Joon sitting on the edge of the bed looking like deers caught in headlights.

"What is it Bummie?" the leader asked turning the youngers gaze at him.

Kibum cleared his throat and sighed. "It's Jonghyun. That went to a gay bar and refuses to come back to the dorm. He sounded pretty drunk, too."

Jinki's eyes widened in horror, his face pale. "He went to a gay bar?! Is he insane?! He's an idol for god's sake what if someone recognizes him?!"

"That's what i told him. But that blockhead is either too drunk to care or he just doesn't care."

Jinki stood up abruptly grabbing his car keys, a hoodie and a baseball cap. "Do you know where he is?"

"Hot nuts."

 

 

 

Jinki stepped inside the bar and looked around looking for Jonghyun. He spotted him at the bar counter, his head sluggishly resting on his hand. Jinki stomped to the younger male keeping his head low and leaned in to his ear so that no one else could hear him.

"Jonghyun." he hissed. Jinki grabbed his wrist and turned him around. Their gazes locked and the older got even more furious then he already was, Jonghyun really looked like he didn't care, he glanced indifferently at Jinki and then went back to drinking. The leader tugged harshly on the younger's arm and turned around. "Come on we're leaving."

"I don't want to." Jonghyun murmured and tried to break free from the leader's steel grasp.

Jinki looked back at him, his eyes dangerously narrowed. "Don't with me Jonghyun." he spat out. "This isn't a ing joke, you can get in serious trouble for coming here. Get the up."

Even in his not so sober state Jonghyun noticed how furious Jinki was, it wasn't like him to curse like this. He found himself getting up from his seat before he could think about it. "Whatever." he grumbled and let himself be led out of the bar.

Jinki was relieved Jonghyun didn't make a scene, that would be the worst possible scenario in that situation.

Holding the younger's arm tightly he guided him to the parking lot too enraged to care about him stumbling on his feet. Suddenly Jonghyun abruptly stopped.

"I'm not getting in that car!"

Jinki sighed annoyed. "Oh okay, and do you mind telling me why the hell not?"

"Because he's in there." Jonghyun scrunched up his nose in disgust.

Jinki looked at the car. "Joon hyung? What the hell's wrong with him being there? I'm starting to have enough of this Jonghyun. Get your into the car and stop acting like a 5 year old."

"I don't want to!." Jonghyun shouted and ripped his arm out of the leader's grasp. "Not when he's in there!"

Jinki pressed his lips together, he never in his life wanted to punch Jonghyun so much. "What the is your problem?!" he roared, veins appearing on his throat.

"He's taking you away from me!" Jonghyun blurted out, his eyes getting teary. 

Jinki froze, shocked, all the steam and anger escaping from his body.

Jonghyun looked straight into the older's eyes. "It used to be just us, and then he got in the way and ruined everything! And I hate it!" he weeped. "I hate that you belong to him and not to me! I hate it when he touches you or when he calls you those stupid nicknames! I hate it all!

 

Hearing all those screaming Joon got out of the car and decided it would be best if he got out of here. Seems like I won't even have to use my magic. He chuckled and found a piece of paper to write a note to Jinki explaining that he decided to leave them alone to talk. He placed it on the front seat, shut the door carefully not to make any noise and happily fled from the scene unnoticed.

 

"When I think that he gets to touch you whenever and wherever he pleases, that he gets to kiss you and that he has the right to call you his... It makes my blood boil. When he's holding your hand like it's the most natural thing for him to do, like he belongs by your side... I want to grab your hand and take you away, somewhere where he'll never find you."

Jonghyun furrowed his brows looking apologetic and pleading. "I want to be happy for you hyung but I can't. I can't stand the sight of you two together." a few tears made their way down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry hyung.. I wish I realized this sooner, maybe then I'd have a chance but... I'm in love with you." he wiped his eyes and looked at Jinki waiting for some kind of response.

The older wished he could believe those words but he knew they weren't true. He brought his hand to his chest, hearing something he was waiting for for so long made his heart ache. "Jonghyun you're drunk. Please don't say things you don't mean..."

"Why? Why do you think I don't mean them? Can you not see me like this? Are you going to tell me you think of me only as a brother?" Jonghyun asked, his voice desperate. "Hyung..." he pleaded "I'm not asking you to break up with Joon hyung or anything like that. I just... need you to acknowledge my feelings. I need you to understand that I'm in love with you."

Jinki looked at him cautiously scanning his face for a hint of lie. But he didn't find any. Jonghyun looked genuine and the older started wondering if it would be okay for him to have a little hope. His heart was already jumping out of his chest.

He took a few steps towards the younger and took his face in both hands wiping his tear stained eyes with his thumbs. "First of all Jonghyun, I don't know where you got that information from but Joon hyung and I aren't a couple... If you were that concerned about us being too close you could just talk to me you know? That could probably save us some drama." he smiled and softly caressed Jonghyun's cheek. "I can't believe this is happening, is this even real?" Jinki chuckled and Jonghyun looked at him with wide eyes not understanding what was going on. 

"Kim Jonghyun I acknowledge you feelings, and I think it's finally okay for me to say that... I too, am in love with you." he grinned.

The corners of Jonghyun's mouth turned downwards, tears welling up in his eyes once again. "Y-you are?"

Jinki bit his lip and then leaned in while Jonghyun quickly squeezed his eyes shut when he understood what was going to happen. The moment their lips touched his mind went blank, it was the best feeling in the world. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Jinki's neck bringing him closer, pressing him harder against his lips.

"Wait." the older pulled away, suddenly remembering about something. He knew it was too beautiful to be real. "What about your girlfriend?"

Jonghyun's brows furrowed, disappointed that the kiss ended. "What girlfriend?"

Jinki sighed. "Jonghyun please... Please, don't make it harder than it already is. Kibum told me you were in love with somebody and this morning you went out saying you had a date."

Jonghyun looked at his feet ashamed. "Hyung... The one I said I was in love with was you. And about this morning... I'm really sorry hyung, I went out with some girls to distract myself from you... But I swear there's nothing going on between us. Please believe me hyung." he looked up at Jinki pleadingly.

The older thought for a second and decided that if there was any chance Jonghyun was telling the truth he was going to take it. Even if it was going to last for a short while he wanted to experience the feeling of being loved back. "Fine." he pouted.

Jonghyun beamed and pecked Jinki on the lips. "I love you hyung. I love you. I love you so.freaking.much." he said as he started to pepper small kisses all over Jinki's face.

The older giggled. "S-stop. We're still in a public place, s-someone could see us." he grabbed Jonghyun's face in both hands and kissed him on the lips, then took a moment to stare deeply into his dark eyes. It was real, it was finally happening. The younger was looking back at him with so much love and content and Jinki never felt happier in his life.

 

"Let's go home" he said smiling warmly.

"Un" Jonghyun nodded grinning and laced his fingers with Jinki's.

 

 

 

 

 

The endddd! Thank you for reading guys, I hope you enjoyed this fanfic! Comments are appreciated! ^^