Chapter 1

A change of heart?

 

 

"Jinki hyung!" Jonghyun jabbed Onew in the ribs and put his phone in front of his hyung's face. "She's hot isn't she? I met up with her yesterday, she's totally into me!"

Onew forced himself to smile. "That's great Jonghyun"

"Great? Is this all you have to say? Just look at her, will you? She's a ten!" the younger said excitedly almost shoving the phone in Onew's face.

The older sighed and pushed away the phone away. "So was the girl you met up with last week. And the one before her... You meet up only with 'ten's Jonghyun.."

The younger giggled. "I do, don't I? Well, it's not my fault there are so many beautiful, willing ladies in this world."

Onew rolled his eyes and turned away from Jonghyun.

 

 

"Jinki hyung!"

Onew looked up from his laptop and turned to face Jonghyun. "What is it?"

"Which shirt should I wear?" he asked, showing two pieces of clothing on hangers. "The black one makes me look y but she might find it to dressy, but the white one is a bit too innocent... What do you think hyung?"

Onew sighed with a tired smile. "They both look nice. Just choose whichever, I'm sure the girl will care more about you than the shirt you wear."

Jonghyun pouted and furrowed his eyebrows. "You're no help hyung. The clothes are a really important aspect, I can't just choose randomly. I need to look good so that she completely loses her mind for me." he said with a smirk.

"Okay, so don't choose randomly." Onew waved his hand in annoyance. "Why do you need to ask me what to wear every time you go on a date with some girl anyway? I'm not a stylist, nor a fashion specialist. If you really can't decide by yourself just go ask Kibum will you?" Jinki didn't want to sound angry but he couldn't help that small amount of hostility that seeped into his voice.

Jonghyun looked a bit hurt by his words and Onew felt his heart squeeze in regret. "Why are you getting angry? Is helping me pick a shirt really that troublesome?"

Jinki wanted to say "no" but the younger didn't give him a chance to do so.

"I'm sorry for troubling you then. You're right, I should just ask Kibum" he said, and left shutting the door behind him. Jinki gritted his teeth and shoved his face in a pillow.

 

 

"I'm home!"

Onew looked away from the TV and smiled. "Welcome back Jonghyunnie." Then he went back to watching some drama he wasn't really interested in.

Jonghyun took off his jacket and shoes and hurried to sit on the couch next to Onew. He looked at him expectedly but nothing happened. "Aren't you going to ask me how my date was?"

Onew bit his lip and closed his eyes. Then he turned to face the younger with a smile. "How was your date Jonghyunnie?"

Jonghyun smiled brightly. "It was great! The girl was totally into me, I didn't even need to try to make her fall for my charms! Aren't I irresistible?"

The older gave the other a small smile. "I guess you are..."

The sad thing was, Onew was a perfect example of how irresistible Jonghyun was. He didn't even notice when he fell for him but it happened. And Jinki had no control over it whatsoever. Confessing was not an option (especially when Jonghyun was the most heteroual person he knew) so he settled on pretending his feelings never existed in the first place. He was doing a pretty good job at it usually, but there were times when he couldn't help how hurt and jealous he felt. Being together in SHINee wasn't helping either, he couldn't avoid the younger even if he wanted to. Thanks to the huge amount of schedules and Jinki's position as a leader made it impossible to spend less than 12 hours a day together. It was getting harder with every day, Onew felt like his composure was slipping away from him. He was finding himself spatting at Jonghyun more often these days and it was not helping their relationship or the mood in the group. But, again, Jinki couldn't help it. Especially when Jonghyun loved to brag to him about the girls which made him feel pretty much like crap.

"What's wrong hyung? You aren't very enthusiastic about my date.." he pouted. Then he opened his mouth and eyes wide open and snickered. "Could it be..." he giggled ".. Are you jealous hyung?"

Jinki sighed and shook his head in resignation. "I'm not jealous. Why should I?"

"Aww hyung, no need to lie to me. Do you need me to introduce you to some ladies? Sharing is caring, right?" he poked Jinki in the cheek.

The leader felt something bubble up inside him. He abruptly stood up from the couch startling Jonghyun a bit. "I'm not jealous! And I don't need you to introduce me to anyone. Just... Leave me alone." Onew turned away and stomped to his room.

 

 

Breakfast the next morning was a bit awkward. The rest of the members caught up on the atmosphere and decided to stay silent and let the problem solve itself. Jonghyun was looking at Jinki like he wanted to say something, but he didn't really know what would be appropriate and Onew was staring at his plate not lifting his head in guilt knowing that it was his outburst that caused the situation they were in right now. Suddenly a phone rung and Jinki sprung up startled. He picked up his phone not looking at the caller.

"Hallo?"

"Ah, Joonie hyung, hello" he smiled warmly.

"Yeah, it's been a while. How are you doing?"

"That would be great, I missed you too..."

"Yeah, I'm free."

"Okay, I'll be waiting then."

"Okay. Bye bye" he hung up and put away his phone with a content smile on his face, suddenly feeling a lot better.

"Joon hyung called?" Jonghyun asked hesitantly finding some courage in Onew's cheerful looking face.

"Yeah. I'm going to meet him tomorrow, it's really been a long time since we had time to hung out together. I'm really excited for this." he said and started eating happily, his appetite suddenly coming back.

Jonghyun smiled to Jinki widely, happy that their fight was already over and he too proceeded to eat his breakfast.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Yeah. So it hasn't started for real yet. I wanted to make this a one-shot but I failed to write it all in one go. the fic shouldn't be too long though, I predict 2-3 chapters. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, comments would be appreciated! ^^