Chapter 2

A change of heart?

 

"So how have you been Jinki?" Joon asked after they ordered their food.

Onew put away the menu and smiled. "Good, I guess. We're not planning a comeback any time soon so I have a little more free time now."

The other hummed in understanding. "And how are things with Jonghyun doing?"

Jinki bit his lip and looked down at his hands. "Not too good hyung... We are arguing more often these days and it's all my fault. I just... can't take it anymore. I can't listen to his stories about the girls he's dating and not snap at him anymore... I'm just tired of it all... I'm tired of pretending."

Joon smiled sadly and gave Onew's hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze. "It must have been hard on you Jinnie... How about I help you take your mind off things? You said you have some time to spare, I'm not that busy nowadays either, we could do some catching up. I missed you a lot, you know" he pouted. "What do you think?"

Jinki thought for a second. It was actually the best solution to his problems. Staying out of the dorm meant not seeing Jonghyun that often which meant not having to listen to his bragging about girls, which lessened the chances of getting in an argument with him again. Plus he would get to catch up with his best friend. He couldn't ask for more.

"Deal" he smiled brightly.

 

 

 

Onew got up the next day feeling happy and somewhat less stressed than usual. He entered the kitchen rubbing his eye which was still asleep.

"Good morning hyung!"

"Good morning Jonghyunnie."

"You came back really late yesterday, I didn't even get a chance to see you before going to sleep" he pouted and patted the seat next to him for Jinki to take.

"Yeah, we kind of lost track of time. It was a really long time since we hung out like this with Joonie hyung so we had a lot of things to tell." he poured some cereal and milk into a bowl an took the seat next to Jonghyun. "I forgot how much fun we used to have with Joonie hyung, he's really the best."

Jonghyun hummed and it was silent for a few seconds.

"By the way hyung! I'm meeting up with some friends in the evening, want to join us? There will be some hot ladies!" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"No thanks, I've already got plans for today." Onew replied, surprised at his own still somewhat cheery voice.

"Eh? What plans? With who?"

"With Joonie hyung. We're going to the cinema."

"Cinema? Don't you always say you hate going to the movies?" Jonghyun made a confused face.

"I guess? But I don't mind going with Joonie hyung." he shrugged and shoved another spoon of cereal in his mouth.

Jonghyun's brows furrowed, he was slightly bothered by the whole situation. He decided not to think too much about it though and proceeded to eat his own breakfast.

 

 

"Can someone get the door? I'm still dressing up!" Onew shouted from his bedroom.

"I'll get it!" Jonghyun grabbed the door handle and let the visitor inside. He couldn't say he was happy to see Joon for some reason.

"Hi Jonghyun, how are you doing?" Joon asked with a smile that slightly disturbed the other.

"I'm fine. Jinki hyung should be ready in a minute."

"Joonie hyung!" Onew chirped and approached his friends.

"Hi Jinki." Joon patted the other's head playfully. "You look great."

"Don't pat my head, I'm not a kid." he said embarrassed. "And thank you." he smiled.

Jonghyun watched the scene silently, unaware of the frown that had creeped onto his face. He was deep in thoughts when Onew snapped him out of it by calling his name.

"Eh, what was that hyung?"

Jinki sighed and repeated himself. "I said that I don't know when I'll be back so don't wait up for me. And have fun with your friends."

"Ready to go?" Joon asked fixing Onew's collar.

"Yep" he smiled widely.

"Okay, let's go then" he grabbed Jinki's hand which didn't go unnoticed by Jonghyun and turned to him with a smirk. "See ya later."

What the hell. Jonghyun didn't like that smirk. At all.

 

 

 

"Hyung let's go out for dinner together"

"I'm sorry Jonghyunnie, I've already eaten with Joonie hyung."

 

"Jinki hyung do you want to go somewhere fun today? I'm bored."

"Ohh.. I'm sorry but I already made plans with Joonie hyung. Next time okay?"

 

"Hyung they say that you'll be able to see shooting stars tonight! Want to see it together?"

"I'm sorry but I already promised Joonie hyung I'll go with him. Ask Kibummie?"

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun groaned and fell on the couch in the living room. He scratched his head in annoyance.

"Wow calm your Jonghyun. Did someone step on your tail or something?" Kibum asked snickering.

"Joon hyung did! I mean, what the hell, is Jinki hyung even in our group anymore? It seems like he joined MBLAQ to me." he stuck out his bottom lip and crossed his arms.

"Really? Everything seems to be fine to me. He's attending all the schedules and he's doing a great job as a leader as usual. So what's your problem?"

Jonghyun huffed and twisted his mouth. "I don't know. It's just that he's never home anymore. And when he is, all he talks about is Joon hyung. It's ing annoying."

"I don't mind him talking about Joon hyung. They are obviously having lots of fun together and it's interesting to listen about what they did. Besides they make a cute couple, don't you think?" Kibum said, munching on some crackers.

Jonghyun's eyes snapped open wide, he turned to Kibum bewildered. "They make a cute what? What are you talking about?!"

"Oh please Jonghyun, you can't be that dense. Just look at them, they are totally dating each other."

Jonghyun suddenly remembered how he saw them holding hands, or when he once saw how Joon caressed Jinki's cheek. Back then he decided not to think too much about it and just pretended it never happened because it made him feel somewhat uncomfortable and antsy. But now it was all coming back to him. And he didn't like that what Kibum said made sense.

"They can't be dating" Jonghyun sputtered. His heart felt heavy for some reason, he didn't like that feeling.

"Says who? They are both adults, they can do whatever they want. And as I said, I think they make a nice couple, their personalities obviously match and they look great together too."

Kibum was just teasing Jonghyun. He noticed Onew's feelings for him a long time ago and now when Jonghyun started to act suspicious he was very curious of what would become out of the whole situation. He didn't know though whether Joon and Jinki were dating for real. Even if they were he would be content with it since Jinki had suffered enough for all those years thanks to Jonghyun's ignorance.

"Is Jinki hyung even gay? It doesn't make sense!"

The younger exhaled exaggeratedly. "Really Jonghyun? Seriously there's no hope for you. How oblivious can you be?"

Jonghyun didn't reply. He was staring into space, his brows furrowed in thought. He didn't like the idea of Jinki dating Joon. But at that point he didn't really know why and decided that it was probably because Joon gave off that weird vibe and was constantly smirking at him like he knew something Jonghyun didn't. And it was annoying him.

"By the way, you're spending a lot of time in the dorm lately. Did you run out of ladies or something?" Kibum mocked.

"I did not run out of ladies. I'm just not in the mood is all." he spat out. It was actually the truth. For some reason Jonghyun didn't feel like meeting with any girls or even just going out. His mind was feeling uneasy lately and he wouldn't be able to have any fun even if he went out.

Kibum hummed knowingly and left the room with a smirk on his face.

 

 

 


End of the second chapter. Is it any good? I hope it's even a bit interesting.

Thanks for reading, as usual comments are appreciated! ^^