Chapter 4

A change of heart?

 

It took Jonghyun two days to get over his pride and finally get the courage to apologize. Joon and Onew were currently in the living room sitting on the sofa watching TV. Jonghyun made a few steps out of his room and he immediately wanted to go back when he saw them. They were way too close to each other for his liking. 

Holy crap they are holding hands too. What the hell, do they have to do that in the dorm?

Jonghyun gritted his teeth, then exhaled slowly through his nose to calm himself remembering he was here to apologize and not to make things worse. He took the final few steps and stood in front of the couple. He cleared his throat to make them look up at him since they were too occupied with each other to notice he was right in front of them.

"I'm sorry for my behavior two days ago." he murmured "It was rude and out of place and I'll make sure it never happens again."

Joon smiled "That's okay, everyone has bad days, right Jinnie?" he said, running his free hand along Onew's thigh.

Jonghyun's eyes widened in anger. What the does he think he's doing with that hand?! And who the is Jinnie?! He clenched his fists and tried to regain his composure not to launch at Joon once again.

"I guess... I'm happy you came to apologize to both of us Jonghyun. I hope what you did will never happen again."

Jonghyun nodded but didn't move from his spot in the slightest.

Onew looked at him quizzically. "Is there something else you want to say Jonghyun?"

The other was still standing in front of them, not moving even a finger. The truth was, he just didn't want to leave Joon and Onew alone in the room. He was uncomfortable with the fact that they were sitting here and there was no one to supervise their actions. He couldn't say that though so he only muttered a "No" and slowly went back to his room.

 

 

 

Jonghyun knocked on the bathroom door a few times.

"Jinki hyung have you seen my iPod?"

The door opened and Jonghyun gasped unintentionally at the sight. Onew was only wearing his jeans which were hanging low, too low on his hips and Jonghyun found himself tracing his eyes over the older's abdomen and down the happy trail. Jinki was drying his hair with a towel and his wet bangs were slightly covering his eyes. There were still a few droplets of water on his torso that were slowly running down his smooth skin and disappearing in his jeans. 

Jonghyun swallowed hard suddenly feeling really hot.

"What did you say Jonghyun?"

"..."

"Hello? Are you there?" Onew lifted his hand and shook the younger's shoulder softly.

Jonghyun yelped and flinched back, his face red. "i-i-iPod." he stuttered looking anywhere but Jinki's body. He could feel his heart doing somersaults in his chest, Jinki's scent was so intoxicating it made him dizzy. "I-I asked if you had seen my iPod"

"Your iPod? I think I saw it in the kitchen next to the toaster."

"Thanks h-hyung" Jonghyun muttered and hurriedly left clutching his furiously beating heart. 

 

 

 

"Guys, the dinner's ready!" Jinki shouted from the kitchen.

Taemin came running and looked at the table "Pasta! Hurray!" he sat down and helped himself with a generous portion.

Jonghyun came when all of the members were already there. He took a seat across from Onew but instead of eating he only stared straight ahead with his jaw slightly dropped. With his eyes wide open he watched as Jinki's adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed, watched as Jinki slurped on the pasta, threads slowly disappearing in his mouth leaving some sauce on his plump lips. Onew them and Jonghyun's breath hitched.

"Are you okay Jonghyun? Are you not hungry?" Jinki asked.

It took Jonghyun a minute to realize that it was him his hyung was talking to. He jumped slightly in his seat, his face once again becoming as red as a tomato.

"N-no, I'm eating. Pasta good." he sputtered hurriedly.

Kibum snorted with laughter and covered his mouth trying to prevent himself from bursting out.

Onew giggled and then smiled widely. "I'm glad. Eat up then."

Something stirred in Jonghyun's stomach at the sight of Jinki's smile, it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life. His heart started to thump a bit faster, butterflies in his stomach made him feel lightheaded. Before he knew he was grinning widely too, though his smile made him look like a happy, clueless idiot.

Kibum couldn't take it anymore, he burst out laughing, tears welling up in his eyes. "You're sooo doomed Jonghyun!"

Suddenly Jinki's phone rung and Jonghyun's smile disappeared. He knew that ringtone, it was reserved for Joon.

"Hi hyung."

"Sure, I've just finished eating dinner."

"Sounds good. See you in a bit." he smiled and slipped the phone into his jeans. "I'm going out, be good guys." he put his plate in the sink and left to put his shoes on.

Kibum looked over at Jonghyun who had an ugly grimace on his face. "Sooo doomed" he snickered.

 

 

 

A few hours later Jonghyun burst into Kibum's room and started pacing back and forth.

After a few minutes Kibum got up from the bed and sat on it's edge. "Do you mind? I was trying to ignore you but this is actually pretty annoying."

Jonghyun finally stopped and turned to the younger. "I have to tell you something. But... don't freak out or anything okay?"

Kibum rolled his eyes and waved his hand. "Whatever, just spill it out."

"Uhmmm..." Jonghyun gulped and cleared his throat. "I... I might be in love with Jinki hyung."

The younger huffed and started to clap his hands mockingly. "You're a genius, how did you find out?"

Failing to sense the sarcasm Jonghyun tried to answer the question truthfully.

"I don't know, he just makes me feel all those things, and my heart wants to jump out of my chest every time he does something and, and the butterflies, and did you notice how handsome he is? I mean, I always knew he was handsome but lately he's been just... And his smile, oh my god Kibum have you seen his smile?"

"Jonghyun stop it right now or else I'll puke all over your anime collection. And take off that disgusting smile off your face."

The other pouted, he actually wanted to talk about his hyung some more. He sighed and plopped on the bed. "I'm so miserable Kibum... I just found out I love a man that is already dating someone else... Why is life so cruel?"

"Because you're an idiot and failed to notice Jinki hyung's feelings for all those years" Kibum answered mentally. Then he heard a sniffle. He looked down at Jonghyun and yelped jumping away from the older.

"Oh my god Jonghyun, please tell me you're not crying. Oh my god you are. What is wrong with you, how old do you think you are?" Kibum stood up and grabbed Jonghyun's wrist trying to get him off his bed. "That's it, go to sleep. I can't deal with you right now."

"B-but... Jinki hyung isn't home yet..." he rubbed his eyes and let himself be pushed out of Kibum's room.

"So what? Do you need him to sing you to sleep or something? Shooo! Off you go!" the younger gave Jonghyun a final push and closed the door behind him. The older pouted and slowly dragged his feet to his own bedroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay so a few of you might be disappointed that I've already given up on Joonew's romantic relationship. That's because if I were to make Joon really step up in the game the fic would once again become 10+ chaptered and that's not what I was aiming for. It was supposed to be a one shot T_T

Anyways, I hope you guys will still keep on reading, thank you to all of you that went through the trouble and decided to leave a comment <3