Chapter 6

A change of heart?

 

 

"Good morning everyone" Jinki smiled despite feeling extremely sullen from yesterday's conversation with Kibum. He poured himself some hot coffee and joined s at the table.

Jonghyun stood up abruptly. "I'm going out, I'm having a date." he grabbed a piece of toast and turned around to leave.

"A-ah... When are you going to be back?" the older asked, his gaze stuck on his plate.

Jonghyun stopped on his tracks, but didn't turn around to look at the leader. "Don't know. See you later."

Jinki bit his lip and looked down at his lap trying to overcome that heavy feeling in his chest. He wasn't prepared for all this.

"Hyung? Are you okay?" Minho asked looking awfully worried.

"I'm fine, just a little tired." he smiled sadly. "Maybe I should just go back to sleep. Seems like I didn't do a good job resting tonight" he chuckled weakly and stood up from his seat.

Kibum glanced at Jinki's plate and furrowed his brows. "Hyung you haven't even touched your breakfast."

"Ah, that's right. I'm not really hungry so I'll just... go." he turned around and slowly dragged his feet to his room.

 

 

 

 

"Joonie hyung..."

Jinki and Joon were lying on the younger's bed, Jinki's head resting comfortably on the other man's chest.

"Hmmm?" the older hummed and softly his hair.

"I love you." Jinki said and nestled his face in the crook of Joon's neck hugging him tightly.

The other man chuckled and ruffled Onew's hair, the younger leaning into the touch. "I love you too Jinnie."

Jinki closed his eyes and smiled satisfied. After a few minutes of comfortable silence he opened his mouth to speak again.

"Joonie hyung.." he whispered against the older's neck.

"Hmm?"

"Do you think I have it in me to stop loving Jonghyun?" he uttered quietly.

"I do. I really do, but I don't think you should."

"Hyung, he has a girlfriend, a real one this time, she's not like all those girls Jonghyun was meeting up with." he bit his lip. "She's special because he's in love with her. The best thing I can do for myself is try to get over him. If I won't I'll get hurt. Hyung, it..." his breath hitched "...it already hurts too much."

Joon wrapped his arms around Jinki tighter and buried his fingers in the younger's hair. "I know Jinnie... It will get better though.

But... Don't give up just yet, okay?"

"Hyung..."

"Trust me Jinnie. I know there's something in there, I'm sure of it. Let me do my thing and I promise you won't regret it. Just.. trust me."

Jinki sighed defeated and then grinned into the older's neck. "You and your 'let me do my thing'..."

Joon poked the tip of the younger's nose. "I'm just working my magic. You should sit back and watch it do all the work for you."

Jinki scrunched up his nose. "Eww hyung, you're being gross." .

"Oh yeah?" he pouted. "Well, then you can deal with this all by yourself. Since I'm so gross and all." he wrapped his arms around himself and turned his back to Jinki.

The younger laughed softly and hugged his hyung tightly, pressing Joon's back to his own chest. The older smiled to himself as Jinki nuzzled into his neck.

"Joonie hyung..."

"..."

"Thank you."

 

 

 

Jonghyun thought that going back to his old lifestyle would help him get his mind off Jinki. But it didn't. His date finished in an hour because he was getting really annoyed with the girl's constant talking and clinginess. So he called another one, then another one. But none of them were Jinki and he was extremely irritated by that. 

"I gotta go." Jonghyun said and stood up from his seat leaving some money for the coffee.

"What? But I just got here, like 10 minutes ago. Are you really leaving?" 

"Yeah. I just remembered I've left the iron on back at the dorm. See you." 

The girl's jaw dropped from disbelief.

"!" she shouted as he was opening the door to leave.

 

It was 10 PM but Jonghyun didn't feel like going back to the dorm just yet, so before he knew he was already at some bar drinking whatever caught his eye. He just wanted to relax and finally stop thinking. Jinki obviously didn't care about his plans as he crept up into his mind once again.

Is this always going to be this hard? 

Jonghyun had decided to give Jinki and Joon space, figuring he had no right to mess with their relationship. He even tried to convince himself that whatever makes Jinki happy, makes him happy too but deep inside he knew it was pure bull. He wanted his hyung for himself and the thought that he belonged to someone else made his heart feel like someone stabbed it with a dagger. 

Irritated, Jonghyun run fingers through his hair and asked the barman for a refill.

"Bud, don't you think it's time for you to stop drinking? It's your 7th glass."

Jonghyun grumbled annoyed. "I don't think it's any of your business. And if I'm not mistaken your job is to serve people drinks so do what you're responsible for, will you?" he raised his eyebrows and pointed at his empty glass. 

As the barman was refilling his glass Jonghyun's phone rung. He struggled a bit to get it out of his pants, his hands not listening to him properly.

"Hallo?"

The man on the other side of the phone skipped the greetings and went straight to the point.

"Jonghyun do you have any idea what time is it?! We have a schedule tomorrow have you forgotten?" Kibum sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Where are you right now?"

Jonghyun groaned and looked up at the barman. "Hey you, what is this place?"

"Hot nuts." the man answered trying to hide his annoyance.

Jonghyun scrunched up his nose in disgust. "Wow that name man." he turned away on his seat. "The place's called Hot nuts. Want to join me? It's getting kind of lonely to sit here all by myself"

"Hot nuts? Jonghyun are you crazy why did you go to a gay bar?! What if someone sees you?! Get the hell out of there and drag your back to the dorm!"

Jonghyun looked around and only now noticed that it was indeed a gay bar judging from multiple male-male couples making out all around the room. "Don't wanna. I like it here."

Kibum took a deep breath not to explode. "I'm not joking you dickhead, get your back here or I'm telling Jinki hyung to fetch you."

Jonghyun halted for a second, his heart squeezing uncomfortably. Then he unfroze pushing the nagging feelings in his chest away. "Is Jinki hyung home?" he asked pretending to be indifferent.

"Yes, he's home so you better get back here right now, you ."

"Is he alone?" Jonghyun asked cautiously.

Kibum sighed. "No, he's not. Joon hyung's with him..."

Jonghyun pressed his lips together tightly and nodded to himself. "I'm not going back, do whatever the hell you want." He hung up and turned off his phone.

 

 

 

 


If everything goes as planned I should end this fic with the next chapter. Look forward to it~~

As always, thanks for reading and for the comments ^^