Chapter 3

A change of heart?

 

 

Jonghyun heard the front door open so he hurried to greet Onew, but he stopped on his tracks when he noticed that his hyung didn't come back alone like usual. Jinki was standing in the corridor facing Joon. They were happily chatting about something and Onew was being all smiley and chirpy and Jonghyun didn't like it. 

Suddenly his and Joon's eyes met. The older's eyes darkened and narrowed dangerously. Then he smirked and leaned in to kiss Jinki on the lips.

Jonghyun felt like someone poured a bucked of ice water on his head. Furious, he stomped hurriedly to the couple, grabbed Onew's wrist and yanked him away from the other man. "What the do you think you're doing?!" he glared at Joon, his lips pressed tightly together.

"Oh, I don't know. What do you think I was doing?" he said, still wearing that smirk of his.

"Jonghyun? What are you doi-"

"You kissed Jinki hyung!"

"Right. What about that?"

Jonghyun scoffed and gritted his teeth in anger. "You ing kissed Jinki hyung! Who the gave you permission to do that?"

Joon raised his eyebrow. "Permission? I don't need one. And, I'm sorry, but I don't think it's any of your business." he grabbed Jinki's hand and pulled him towards himself. "Do you mind? We were kind of busy here as you noticed"

Jonghyun really wanted to punch him in the face. And he felt like he couldn't stop himself. He took two fast steps forward and grabbed Joon's collar ready to throw a punch. He didn't get a chance though because Onew pushed him away.

"Are you insane Jonghyun?! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" he stood between Jonghyun and Joon, his expression showing clearly how pissed he was.

Jonghyun clearly didn't expect that reaction. He looked confused and hurt that Jinki didn't pick his side. "B-but... H-he kissed you..."

"And so what that he did? Is it any of your business? No. Does that give you permission to throw punches at people? No, it doesn't. So do you mind explaining what the hell got into you?"

Jonghyun looked at him dumbfounded, his lips parted, like he wanted to say something but nothing came out. He felt like the whole situation was unfair. Why was he being the one at fault? Why was Jinki mad at him and not at Joon? His lips trembled slightly, a strong feeling of injustice meddling in his stomach.

Jinki snorted and shook his head in disappointment. "Forget it." he turned to Joon and made an apologetic face. "I'm sorry, I don't know what got into him... Let's just go out for a bit shall we?" he grabbed Joon's hand and they left the dorm leaving a close to tears Jonghyun behind.

 

 

"I'm really sorry hyung. He's not like this usually, I really don't know what got into him"

They were currently taking a walk in a park, it was late so there weren't many people on the horizon.

"I do." Joon said amused. 

Onew looked at him surprised. "Huh?"

Joon lifted their intertwined hands for Jinki to see. "This." 

Then he stopped on his track and leaned in to peck Jinki on the lips. "And this."

Onew gasped in surprise. "Hyung, you really need to stop kissing me. What if someone sees?" he looked around to check whether there were any witnesses.

Joon chuckled. "We'll have a scandal. I don't mind having one with you."

Jinki slapped the older's arm playfully. "Hyung! That's not funny. I'm serious, don't do that anymore, especially not when we're outside."

"Okay, okay." Joon ruffled Onew's hair.

"Why did you kiss me anyway? I was in the middle of the sentence when you suddenly attacked me back in the dorm."

"To trigger someone's hidden feelings." he snickered. "It seems that Jonghyun's finally opening his eyes."

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Jinki asked, honestly not understanding what the other meant.

Joon looked straight into Onew's eyes and said with a smile on his face "We're going to make Jonghyun yours."

Jinki blushed at the choice of words and looked away. "What are you saying hyung... Besides, he made it pretty clear that he's not interested in men. All he thinks about are s..."

Joon chuckled silently. "Not anymore. He seemed pretty jealous to me.. I don't think he likes the fact that you're spending so much time with me. And he obviously hated seeing me kiss you."

Onew shook his head in disagreement. "You're misinterpreting things hyung. I don't know why he was so angry but he must have had his reasons. And I'm pretty sure jealousy wasn't one of them..."

"Eh, you really lost all the hope throughout all those years didn't you?" he poked the younger's nose. "That's okay, it's all good as long as you let me do my thing and I promise to you that Jonghyun will be at your feet in no time."

"You're crazy hyung, but whatever... Just... Don't kiss me in public anymore okay?"

Joon hummed and smiled. "Okay." he said as he pecked the other on the cheek.

 

 

 

"Kibum open up!" Jonghyun shouted banging on the bathroom door.

"Shut up, don't I get to take a freaking shower at the end of the day? Wait 10 freaking minutes, will you? Geeez..."

"Open up, this is important! Like, really important. Really, really important."

Some noise could be heard and after a few seconds a dripping wet Kibum flew the door open. "This better be something good Jonghyun or I'm ripping your balls off."

Jonghyun pushed Kibum back into the bathroom and locked the door behind them.

"They are really dating. Jinki hyung is dating Joon hyung."

"Really? Good for them then. But makes you so sure of that?"

Jonghyun furrowed his brows at the memory. "I saw them kiss. Today. And Jinki hyung is mad at me because I tried to punch Joon hyung in the face... What do I do Kibum? I don't want him to be mad at me, I hate it when he doesn't talk to me.."

"Wait, what? You tried to punch Joon hyung? Wow Jonghyun you sure work fast. I guess you're not as dense as I thought you were." Kibum said, his face still full of shock. "So now that you know that you're in love with Jinki hyung... What is your plan?"

"What? What are you talking about Kibum, I'm not in love with Jinki hyung. Are you crazy?" Jonghyun looked at him surprised.

Kibum rolled his eyes. "I take back what I just said, you're even denser than I thought you were." he run fingers through his wet hair in annoyance. "So, according to you, why did you want to sock Joon hyung right in the face when he kissed Jinki hung?"

"W-well..." Jonghyun thought for a second "Because he was being annoying. He was looking down at me, like he was some big deal. And he made it seem like he was closer to Jinki hyung than I am, which is obviously not true. He said that it wasn't my business what they did... and Jinki hyung said the same thing later on..."he gulped "He was really angry with me Kibum, what do I do?" he said, panic clearly heard in his voice.

"Apologizing seems to be good for starters." he said, still not believing in Jonghyun's level of stupidity. "And please try thinking for a second okay. Say what you want but you're in love with Jinki hyung and the sooner you understand this, the better for you." he stood up and unlocked the door. "Good luck."

 

 

 

 


Okay guys I need to learn to stop predicting the number of chapters my fic is going to have... I obviously at this. So... Just enjoy regardless of how many more chapters I'm going to write kkk ^^