Chapter 6

Apartment: should we stay?

21st May 2012

KwangSoo is preparing for his final exam. It is already 12am, both his brother still not reached home yet. He started to feel sleepy and decided to finish his revision soon. It is then he heard a creak sound made by the door outside.
"Hyung?" KwangSoo called for his brother as he thought one of them already home. Noticing no answer from them he turned off his desk lamp and walk to living room. To his surprise nobody was there. He decided to watch television before went to sleep.
"Omma, appa..if only both of you were here. Maybe now i'm sleeping on your lap, omma. Appa will be playing with JongKook hyung's child. We miss you." KwangSoo talked to the picture that hanging at living room. Tears started to run down his cheek. He was deep in his emotion when suddenly he heard a lullaby song. It was so clear that he can humming it in his mind. He tried to figure out the origin of the voice. He walked slowly towards the voice until he reached his room.
There she is...the owner of the voice. He cannot see her face as her back is facing him. Sweat started to drop from his forehead, his heartbeat raised until he can hear by his own. The lady continue to sing the lullaby. She carried something, looks like a baby. KwangSoo noticed his surrounding is glared and his room is different.


"Yeobo..." KwangSoo turn his head to the voice. There is a man standing at his door looking to him, he is smiling.
"Oh..oppa. Hussh..he is sleeping now," the lady answered the man with soft tone maybe not to awake the baby.
KwangSoo became more clueless when the man crossed his body to the lady like he not visible to them.
"Omo, my boy. Appa miss you the whole day," the man the baby's cheek before slowly helped the lady to lie him in the craddle in front of them.
"How is your day?" Both of them blurt out the same question almost at same time. They then laugh. They look happy. The image is so clear for KwangSoo.
"What do you expect for a housewife's life? So howis my husband? are you work too much?" The lady put both of her hand on his chest.
"Eugene..oppa is tired. Anything for dinner?" His husband already hug her waist before both of them went out of the room.

KwangSoo still can hear they chatting but his leg is like been glued on the floor that make him not move outside. Its then he realized the room became darker and he heard a scream outside. The shock KwangSoo came to his sense. He was about to go to the living room when he heard a child crying from behind. The baby..the baby inside the craddle is crying. He is awake due to the scream. He try to reach the child when the man just nowenter the room, but now with different mood. He is angry, his hand is trembling and bleeding. His face is miserable and sweating. He staring into the craddle before he carried the child and run away.
"No!! " kwangsoo who is thinking something bad may happened to the baby try to stop the man.

"Yah! KwangSoo!" A familiar voice is shouting next to his ear. KwangSoo opened his eyes. He is on his study desk. Haha is staring at him with a frown face.
"Am i sleeping? Am i having a nightmare just now?" KwangSoo ask his brother.
"how should i know? You screaming by the time i opened the door. Is it you study too much?" Haha flipped over some of Kwangsoo's books on the desk.
"Did you see anyone? Or did you hear a baby cry?"
Haha looks at the room's door and squint his eyes towards the hallway. "No..ah you such a geek!" Said Haha before leaving KwangSoo alone.
'Eugene? It doesn't seem like a dream..' KwangSoo still confused for whatever he saw just now.

***************************************************************************+**************

"Yes hyung..he screamed last night. I thought he become hysterical because of his final approaching," Haha told the story to Jongkook. He is driving to pick his boss's son at school but as the school pass by his hyung's workplace, he decided to pick Jongkook from work.
"Hahaha..its been years since i saw Kwangsoo had nightmare. You remember when he is in high school?"
"Oh..the one he screamed a lot thorough the night and got slapped by you. Then the next morning, he told us he is fighting with Pacquio (top boxer). Luckily i did not slap him last night." They laugh remember all the memories back then. They continue the chatting until they reached the school.
"Hyung, just wait here. He must be inside. You know this boy is quite introvert and passive. So he rather wait inside the school." Said Haha before left Jongkook inside the car. Few minutes later, he came back holding hand with a boy around 8 years old.
"Hee young ah..this is my hyung." Haha told the boy while pointing to Jongkook who sat at front passenger. Hee Young was busy buckle his seatbelt, not interested to greet at all.
"Spoiltbrat..." Haha mumbled slowly but still can be heard by Jongkook, they smile together.
Due to heavy traffic jam, they stucked for almost 30minutes in the car.
"Hee Young, how is your day today? I heard you had your exam today right?" Haha ask the boy. He just nodded and continue to stare outside.
"Wah, so now we can celebrate! Are you hungry?" Jongkook try to build rapport with the boy.
"No..we need to go back home." Hee Young answer in flat tone still not turn his gaze.
"Aigo..i told your father later. He will allowed it." Said Haha.
Hee Young just gave a long sigh. Silent continue.
"Today is my birthday.." Suddenly Hee young told them.
"Wae?" Haha watches the boyfrom rear mirror to make sure he is not lying.
" oh so you want to go back because your parent is celebrating it?" Jongkook turn to ask.
"They don't know...they are busy."
" of course they know. Okay maybe your father can't remember it but your mother..your mother will for sure remember it!" Jongkook console the boy but suddenly Haha hit his right arm and warned him to stop talk.
"She is not my mother! And appa only loves her and..and their new child!" Suddenly Hee young shout from back. His eyes now fixed to both of them in anger. He breathing fast try to hold his mood.
They just kept silent. Now they know why this boy is full of hatred and choose to be passive. Feeling empty and lack of love in a child will affect the child's emotion.
"Hee Young..our parents already died. We also feel the lost, the empty but we still have each other. you are lucky enough your mother left you with your father. He can look after you, let you learn, buy you toys, new clothes. You still had a place called home. I am sorry for my words earlier but i think you should spent your times with your father and your new mother, so you are not feeling lonely. or you have us, we can be your best ahjussi. Arasso?" Jongkook slowly talk to the boy. Not to further bring the tension.
"Arasso.."
"That's my boy! Ok now you tell me, where you want to go?" offered Haha.
"Let's go to the park!!" Hee Young screamed in excitement. now he wants to enjoy his birthday celebration with this two man.

*****************************************************************************************
"Seon Ju ssi..mianhe. I bring Hee Young home late today," Haha is bowed to his boss once he entered the room.
"Oh it doesn't matter. At least you do my favor, i am busy lately that i cannot look after my family at all. Did he bring any problem to you?" Seon Ju ask Haha while he browsing something through his Ipad.
"No..no..he is good boy."
"He is quiet boy but he will show his mood through his action. That's why sometimes i need to scold him but he cannot understand that whatever i did is for his benefit"
" it just..we bring him to the park after school.." Haha hesistant to tell his boss.
"Oh..he never go to park. Is he suggesting it?"
" ya..i just want to fulfill his wish. You know because today is his birthday.." Soon after Haha mentioned birthday, Seon Ju stared at him.
"Birthday?" Haha nodded. Seon Ju looks at his watch then he hit his forehead few times.
"Haish..i forgot again. Its his 8th birthday.."
"You better go back now. I'm afraid he will be sleeping in any minutes. He is quite tired just now."
"Oh..ya..arraso. I'll make move now."
Before Haha also leaving the room, Seon Ju grabbed his shoulder which made him to turn.
"Thank you..by the way, i think i found your new job for you."
"What is it?"
"Can you be his nanny?" Seon Ju ask him politely. Haha at first was not believe the job that he will be doing but later he thought of what else his job can be without any permanent post at this company in which he is in risk to be fired sooner or later, he accept the job.

******************************************************************************************

1st June 2012

Today will be last day KwangSoo will do home visit because he will be having his final next week. As for today, he is going alone as he requested from Hyun Bin. He also bring some gifts to SukJin and wife. After KwangSoo done with his job, he sat next to Sukjin.
"Hyung, today will be my last day. Thank you for your kindness and time. I will remember everything that i learn here."
"Oh..so another physio will come next week?"
"Hyung, you don't need them anymore. You actually can do by your own and i saw you twice..you can walk."
"I don't have courage. We need high motivation for that. As for me, nothing in this life that i want or look forward."
"Don't you said..you want to move out?" Kwangsoo's word made Sukjin stare at him.
"How do you know? I..i..just want to threatened her."
" why you never gave her a chance then? Why you never listen to her?"
"Because i can bear to hear the truth. It will be more pain. I believe the time will come for that."
" i hope you able to mend it. Hyung, this is from us. Me and my hyungs." Sukjin reached for the gift and bowed his head slightly.
"So..have you met her?" Sukjin asked while looking at the gift.
"Who?"
"Come on, the one i ask you to help..."
"Its a lady right?" Sukjin nodded his head.
"Eugene...her name is Eugene." Kwangsoo made a big gulp to swallow. His heartbeart raised soon he heard that name. Actually for past few nights, he had been haunted by a lady who looks similar in his dream before. Once, he will see her crying, she carries her baby and he also can hear she laughing. But he still cannot communicate with her.
"Is she..really..present?" Kwangsoo hands start to tremble.
"It is quite complicated. Initially i thought she is one of my neighbour then later i found out she not live there. until the night, the night of my accident, it reveals her true identity.." Kwangsoo focused to the story. This is his first time to believe sukjin's. "..she is a ghost." Kwangsoo started to sweat. He tried to calm himself.
"Is she scary? I mean..did she shows her real face?"
"Once...only at that night. I think she was a free spirit that stucked in between as she had something need to be settled. Thats why she needs our help."
"But..how? I'm not the one can talk to ghost."
"She will come and shows you..oh, i had read her diary before. The diary..yes, you need to find it."
"Where you put it?"
"In the second room.."the talk continue on spirit and ghost topic until Kwamgsoo make a leave. While he is walking to the door, he stopped and turn his head to living room,
"Hyung, when is your accident?"
"Hmm...16th May 2010. Wae?"
"Is it near the apartment? Where we live now?" Sukjin nodded, his curious look shows.
"Just for your information, we use to live at that area. And there is something about that accident, that make us connected."
Kwangsoo browse something from Sukjin's laptop and shows him something. its an article from local newspaper.
'Fatal accident for bride to be'

"Yes..this is the accident. But why?" Sukjin watch Kwangsoo who is now stand in front of him.
"Then we should thank you also for make that happened. She is my Jongkook hyung's fiancee. She stole our money that night."
"So..our meeting..."
"...is fated. We need to help her."