Chapter 18

Apartment: should we stay?

12midnight...

They gathered inside the room. Silent. Awkard. Gary glared at Jihyo who is holding Chun Ae's blanket with her. The mudang stayed in the centre of the room. She had change to her ritual attire, same goes to her assistant. Once the clock strucked to 12midnight, the mudang stood up and assigned her assistant to bring her table with few apparatus on it.
"Let's begin. I need all of you to come forward once i called. This is reminder, just say what you know, what you see honestly."
Hee Young was holding his father the whole time, he looks scared but its already late for him to leave the room. Instead, he wanted to see her mum. Min Jung who is sat next to him, patted both of his shoulder to comfort him.
The ritual begin with few chants spelled together with the ringing of the bell. The mudang opened a large paper in front of her. 
"Sukjin ssi.. Come here," ask the mudang. Sukjin was startled as he didn't expect him to be the first. He let the mudang held his right hand onto the small saucer and only then he noticed, "Ouija?" But realizing that the promise he made earlier, he just kept calm.
"Just rest your mind, the board will show you the answer.." The assistant whispered to him.
After few chants been made, the mudang stared at the person in front of her. 
"you can talk to her with this." Sukjin stared on the board still hesitating to ask.
"Do you recognized me?" The saucer moves slowly to show the answer, 'Yes' 
(note: the answer from the saucer will be in inverted coma)
"Prove then you are her.." 'marriage..Jaesuk..betrayed'
"To make it clear, you already know about Jaesuk before i met you?" 'Yes'
"Why you don't tell me earlier then? Why you make me suffer?" 'Seon Ju...Jin Soo..me'
Sukjin nodded his head, he turned to Jin Soo before talk to him.
"I remember she need help to let you know the truth. Its about Seon Ju.." Jin Soo was anticipating the answer.
'Truth..friend..betrayed..' The saucer keep moving until its final word. just then Sukjin move his hand from the saucer.
"Jin Soo ssi...Eugene is innocent. She is being cheated by your best friend, Seon Ju. He betrayed you..he is the man on your bed. he literally her!" Jin Soo was breathing heavily, he rubbed his hair backward tried to act calm in front of his son. Now only he knows Seon Ju's truth color.
After hearing Sukjin's story, two of candles lit off. The mudang continue to call another person. This time she called the siblings together. They holding hand together before put them onto the saucer.
"Eugene ssi..what you hide from us?" Ask Jongkook 'siblings..brother..'
"What is your problem with us?" 'Money...Love..'
"We don't have enough money with us, how come you want our money?"
'The middle...' Now Jongkook and Kwangsoo both looking at Haha who sit in the middle. He sweats much. His face was holding a word to come.
"Haha yah..did hyung miss anything?" Ask Jongkook softly. Haha slowly bend his head down and started to sob.
"Mianhe hyung..mianhe..i..i'm the one..who took..it..i took the account book! I disagree with your marriage. But EunHye noona caught me that night, she chase me..and..she was hit then.." Haha still sobbing in his words. Their hands remained on the saucer but he able to hold Jongkook's arm using his free hand.
"What?! All this while..i thought she cheated on me but..You..you made hyung trust you." Jongkook released a long sighed. They kept silent for a while.
"Eugene ssi..how this can help you?" Kwangsoo turn to ask.
'Minjung..Yoori..Jin Soo..' Minjung and Jin Soo stared at each other. Min Jung closed his eyes tightly and only then he noticed a hand patted his arm. It is Jin Soo.
"She told me to leave State as she knew Yoori had a plan for us. But i delayed it as i thought i can face you directly but Yoori already framed me with the corruption. Its only then all this disaster occur. She is innocent, she tried to protect me. We are not running with your money..we are running from Yoori.."
"If we had a good trust in each other like Jongkook's brothers, we not ended up like this.." MinJung bite his lower lip. Frustration.
Slowly, the siblings hands move from the saucer. with that another 3 candles been lit off. The room getting darker.
Gary and Jihyo the stepped forward after been called. They also put their hands together on the saucer.
"Why you need us?" Jihyo ask sternly. 'Son'
"He is innocent! Can you return him back to us?" Jihyo already burst into tears. Gary hug her closer. He whispered to her," Don't made her angry. We don't know if Chun Ae with her or not."
'He is unwanted'
Both Gary and Jihyo widened their eyes watching the board.
"No! We want him..we never abandoned him." Gary answered to it. yes in initial phase of Jihyo's pregnancy they both was hoping that she can't make it thorough the pregnancy but it is different once he was born.
'Fake..marriage..'
"Eugene ssi, we admit it. We are married not based on love, it is more as responsibility. But now, it is different. We need each other. As a family and it only be complete with our son." Jihyo sobbed in her words.
'Jin Soo..Hee Young..' Again everyone stared at Jin Soo. He is hugging Hee Young in his arm.
"I'm faking to reconcile with her as instructed by MinJung. He said he will help me if i can give heir to our family. feeling of betrayed by my own wife that time blinded me with her true love. Even after Hee Young was born, i still cannot accept that he is my own flesh and blood. i used the opportunity to move to State. To run from responsibility. I am faking all this while for money! And she didn't realized it..until that night. But now i regret, my lawyer had instructed DNA test for me and Hee Young. It was too late already.."
"That's why you left me with Seon Ju appa?" Ask Hee Young. JinSoo nodded. "Luckily i found out earlier, if not..i will lost you forever.." His embraced became tighter. He cried while leaning on the wall to support his body. Remembering the night..

Flashback
JinSoo just reached Korea. His ears and brain still remind on earlier conversation with Yoori in State.
"She just use you up..you had nothing! Just her slave..."

"Yeobo..you came back already? I thought you will reach tomorrow?" Ask Eugene who just came out from the room. At the same time, Jin Soo gained back to his reality. He fake a smile but seeing his wife in y night gown made his anger raised up.
"Are you waiting for someone?" Ask Jin Soo.

"What? No..." Eugene stepped backward slowly as she saw the evil eyes in her husband's.
"Eugene..what you told MinJung hyung? About us?" He became closer to Eugene.
"I..i didn't say anything.." Eugene was a bit shock when she hit the wall on her back.
"Nothing? Then..can you explained how the money..is in your account?!" JinSoo shout at the end of his words.
"What? I don't have any idea about that.. Honey, you should trust me!" She grabbed both of his shoulder tried to  make his sense.
"Trust? You take the money and then put the blame on me? What a game that you and your brother played huh?"
"Honey..i never betrayed you. In fact, i had something to tell you..the truth..that you should know.." Before Eugene able to finished her words, JinSoo already hold her necktowards the wall.

"Listen here..i'm not your honey. I'm just faking it for your brother. He wants the heir for his company. But i'm regreting for fulfill his wish as now i am useless for him. That's why you and your brother turn me down now. You take my money! You fooled me!"
"Op..pa.." Eugene was trembling and gasping for air. 
"I will let him regret instead.." He continue to strangled Eugene's neck. Few minutes later, Eugene collapsed on the floor.
Jin Soo watching as she slowly leaned on the floor. Hee Young's cry distracted him for a while.
"Aish this kid! I had to finish you...or else Min Jung will be happy.." He was about to walk away to the room when he saw Eugene stirred a bit. A glance of baseball bat caught his eyes. He took it and within few seconds, the bat swings onto Eugene's head. Hard one and she collapsed again. Breathless..

Jinsoo made his way to Hee Young's craddle. He took Hee young in his arm and leave the house. 
While driving aimlessly along Han River, he is thinking the place to throw the baby. Suddenly he got a call from his lawyer.
"He is yours! Mianhe..i took his blood when you're gone." Jinsoo looks at Hee young and only then he realized. He killed a person and he nearly killed another one. He cried and shaking while driving to Seon Ju's house.

At Seon Ju's house
"What have you done? Why you give Hee Young to me?" Ask Seon Ju
" i made a mistake..a big mistake. I trust you. Only you can take care of him. I will not be here anymore. Remember this! Don't let Min Jung hyung know where he is.." 

"How about Eugene? Where is she? Did she know about it?"
"Help me.. Find Eugene at our home.." With then JinSoo escape from his house. He had been a refugee for a week in a town out of Seoul. Afraid to go back to States, he prefer to stay in Korea. But when police started to search for him, he cannot escape longer enough. 

End of flashback

Both Gary and Jihyo slowly moved their hand from the saucer. Another two candle lit off. Min jung approached the table but the mudang doesn't seem wanted to call anyone yet. He held his hand over the saucer.
"Eugene ah..respond to oppa. Where are you now?" He ask in rush. 
"Min Jung ssi..the mudang didn't call anyone yet. You should be patient.." the assistant held him back
"Eugene ah, listen to oppa. Where are you now? Where is your body buried? I need to see you now! Oppa regret..oppa didn't trust you. I should find you earlier. Eugene ah, i know you are  good sister. You don't take whatever is not yours right? Tell me where you are now.."
The saucer moving faster that nobody able to read what it shows on the board. a strong wind enters the room from the wimdow. The remaining candles was lit off one by one, leaving the bigger candle in the centre. Everyone was hugging each other due to the wind force. Minjung's hand was strongly forced upward and he is thrown behind towards the wall. The mudang and her assistant was continously chanting the spells before the wind stops. Everyone remains calm but breathing heavily. They looks towards the bigger candle as it is the only source of light at that time. 
"It is pointing to the window.." said Jihyo. Jin Soo and Hee Young walk to the direction. 
"Appa..its omma!" Hee Young shouts loudly. all the adult cannot see anything in his direction.
"Where? Appa cannot see it"
"There..on the building. Omma! Omma!"
"The building? Hyung..its the building with the garden on top of it." Said Kwangsoo 
"She wants to see you there." the mudang said in her low voice after a while. She is listening to her surrounding.
"But that is prohibited place..we need access to it!" Said MinJung.
"It was Seon Ju ssi building.." Added Jongkook.
"Oh..i'm thinking to sneak inside. It should be no problem with that!" Gary gave his suggestion.
"Let's see what we can do. Hurry up!" As a group they move to the next building together.

Meanwhile, Seon Ju who still waiting downstairs, patiently focused at apartment building. Once he saw a group of people came out together, he watched them one by one. He noticed Hee Young and Jin Soo and quickly make his move.
"Where are you going?" He stopped Jin Soo on his way.
Upon seeing Seon Ju's face, Jin Soo unable to control his emotion. He punched Seon Ju's face hard until he felt on te ground.
"What..the.." Seon Ju tried to talk back but Jongkook already grabbed his collar.
"You are wanted..follow us.." Due to his muscular built, Seon Ju unable to resist from being dragged to opposite building.
"You should know this building better. I wonder why must this is your building.." Jihyo glared at Seon Ju once they reached at front of building. Seon Ju slowly ask the guard to let them in while still in Jongkook's grip. They took the elevator to the top floor. When the elevator open, a bright light from the centre of the garden caught the attention. They walk slowly towards a big tree.
"Omma!" Hee Young's scream made everyone looks into his direction. A figure can be seen standing next to tree. She is holding a sleeping child with her.
"Chun Ae!" Both Gary and Jihyo quickly able to recognize their son.
"Eugene?" Jin Soo and Min Jung also called the name.
Eugene smile to all of them. Her face is full of relieved maybe after all this years, she able to tell the truth. She is letting out her free hand to Hee Young who take it slowly. He slowly hugged her mother. Min Jung then approached her, still hesitating to touch her skin but once his hand closer, he can feel the soft of the skin below it. 
"Mianhe..oppa is not a good brother. I failed to protect you." Eugene gave Chun Ae to Min Jung's arm. She touched his cheek and shook her head. She smile to Min Jung and tears flowing on her cheek.
"Look at your face..you are bright like angel. I will miss you.." 
"Eugene...." A voice from behind stopped the two siblings. Min Jung turned and saw Jin Soo who already cried amd sobbing. Min Jung gave way to him and stepped backward. Gary took this opportunity to take Chun Ae from his arm. Chun Ae was totally in deep sleep that he didn't move at all when his parents kept kissing and hugging him. 
"I'm not even dare to look into your eyes.. I rather kneel down to you all of my life. With all wrongdoings i had done to you, i don't think there is any forgiveness for me. But i just want you to remember, the years before i left you..it is real. Please hold that memory even we had the pain in most of it. The love that grew in my heart cause me the pain now. The regret will never stop.." Jin Soo's word was stopped when he felt a hand touch his chin and brought him to look above. He can see Eugene's face clearly. The innocent face, the face full of love and smile. The hand slowly brought him into a hug.
"Mianhe..mianhe..i will never stop to ask for your forgiveness. I can't believe i cause us to be apart..in two different world.."
PANG!!
A gunshot can be heard. Everyone looks away. Seon Ju is holding the gun which is aiming towards JinSoo. Without them realizing, Seon Ju able to escape from Jongkook's grip earlier and he use the opprtunity to take his gun that attached to his leg.
"Jin Soo!! Appa!!" Jin Soo collapsed on the ground. He was shot from the back of his chest.
Jongkook, Gary and Kwangsoo struggling with Seon Ju as to prevent him from shooting anyone else. While the battle continue, Seon Ju was been throwing forward to the ground and he is facing Eugene now who is the one controlling his movement. Seon Ju was gasping for air when he is invisibily been choked by Eugene. Like having each other conversation, Seon Ju pointing somewhere in the ground.
"She..is..inside.." Sukjin and MinJung quickly find the point. Within few seconds, Seon Ju collapsed next to the point.
"Appa!" Hee young was holding Jin Soo head on his lap. He is crying hard. Knowing that his father will left him forever made him sob more.
"Be a good boy...listen to Min Jung samchon. Appa need to see omma. Appa..is a bad husband amd father. Mianhe..mianhe for not having..our time together.." With the last word, Jin Soo closed his eyes slowly.
"Appa! Appa! Take me also..." Min Jung approached him and hugged him from the back. Everyone was touched with the crying. Hee Young then smile in his cry when he saw two fireflies coming together in front of him before flew to the sky.
Few minutes later, a group of police officer enter the garden. The guard downstairs who made the call. They give out their statements at the end of the day. While Gary and Jihyo felt relieved when seeing their son crying afterwards.

****************

2nd October 2015

Gary is tidying up Chun Ae's shirt while Jihyo still doing her make up in the room. They are going for Hee Young's birthday party. Since the incident happened last year, they already move to new house. They are trying to forget about it. That night, the forensic team discover Eugene's body which is buried by Seon Ju in the garden. Seon Ju was found death due to asphyxia. Meanwhile both Eugene and Jin Soo body been managed properly and buried side by side.

"Appa..are we done?" Ask Chun Ae. 
"Yes..yes..Chun Ae ah, wait for omma and appa downstairs. Appa need to wear good shirt also."
"Okay.." 
Gary steps to the master bedroom and watching his wife busy at her grooming table.
"Baby..we are only going for kids party. No need to put on so much on your face."
"Yah..i tried to hide my cheek bone. I become chubby this day," Jihyo pouted seeing herself in the mirror.
"That is because you are pregnant.." Said Gary while holding her waist.
"It will be tiring to catch your son nowadays. With my condition.." Gary laughs hearing her words. Chun Ae become more active nowadays that sometimes they lost him few times in public area.
"Omma..appa..palli ya.." Chun Ae shouted from downstairs.
"We need to hurry up before he left the house by himself," said Gary jokingly.
At Min Jung's house..
"Hee Young ah, are you ready? Most of the guest are here.." Ask Min. Jung.
"Min Jung appa...i miss them." Said Hee Young. 
"Don't cry please. This is your day..you are a big boy now. Your parents will be angry with me if you are crying on your birthday." Hee Young smile to him while wipes his tears from flowing again. He tooks MinJung's hand amd they left the room.

Jongkook and Kwangsoo greet amd wish Hee Young soon after they see him.
"Where is Haha ahjussi?" Jongkook kept silent. 
"He can't make it..he is working.." Said Kwangsoo.
"On my birthday?" Jongkook fake a smile and patted his shoulder as forgiveness.
"Who said i will forget about it? I fly all the way to here," suddenly a voice appeared from the back.
"Haha ahjussi!" Hee Young hugs him. He brought Haha to Jongkook.
"Min Jung appa said, a brother love is stronger than girlfriend's love. You can find a new girl but not a new brother." Said Hee Young.
"Wah! Now you become so poetic.." Kwangsoo jokingly said to Hee Young.
"Hyung..mianhe. I miss you." Haha lightly bowed to Jongkook.
"Yah! What with the bow..come here." Jongkook then hugged his brother. Haha already sobbed in his embrace. 
"Why must you wet my shirt?" Ask Jongkook pretend to be annoyed. Actually he tried to control his tears too after a year separated from his brother.

"Sukjin hyung!" Shout Kwangsoo from his chair. He is waving to the middle age man who just reached the house.
"Kwangsoo ah, hyung almost lost just now. You send me the wrong address!"
"Ne hyung..i didn't do that. You know with your previous injury you can had amnesia also."
"Is it? Why i didn't noticed it? No wonder i kept losing my phone.." Kwangsoo laugh to Sukjin's innocent.
"Wah..wah..Gary hyung..Gary hyung.." Haha looking at the front door.
"Is Jihyo pregnant? She is putting on weight.." Jongkook commented. Soon after that all 4 men started to talk about Jihyo's figure.
Knowing the look of the 4 men, Gary quickly give a sign to praise his wife.
"Jihyo ah..you looks prettier." Said Sukjin
"I cannot believe you are a mother!" Add by Haha.
"It seem that you had a good meal at home," said Kwangsoo which made everyone glared at him.
"What do you mean by that?" Ask Jihyo. Kwangsoo gives a blank look before everyone laugh at his reaction.
"Chun Ae ah..what do you want to eat?" Ask Jongkook while he holding him into his arm to the food place. Leaving his younger brother with the couple.

Hee Young totally having a great birthday this year. Even he lost his parents he had new family with him now. They become closer after the incident. All the problem they had before was settled and they live peacefully. Do they?

*****************

Chun Ae was playing with his bicycle inside the house. Due to his activeness, Gary forbid him from playing at the garden. He is cycling one to another room until he reachs the empty room. Jihyo puts Chun Ae's old clothes and belongings inside. A stool next to the cabinet attracted him to climb on. He stepped on it and try to reach for his old toys. He brings the toy to the ground and tried to play with it but as no batterry was installed inside he cannot turn it on.
"Do you want to play with it?" A voice suddenly ask him. Chun Ae turns and smiles.
"Yes..can you help me?"
"Of course. Your omma and appa are busy upstairs. I can be your friend for now."
"Really? Okay..we can play together." Chun Ae is already on his bicycle before he turns back to his 'new friend'.
"What is your name then?"
"Yoori..." And she smile widely.


~The End~


Author notes: thank you for your support. Sorry if my ff cause a bit confusion because i find it too hard to made it novel from script line. and i'm sorry if my writing cause religion sensitivity. It just a purpose of writing and me also not familiar with this spirit things. Had to study a bit. For those who asking why i had to insert the date all that, it because it is one of my technique of writing. Like a case report. Lastly, hope you enjoy my first ff and will come back again with new genre. Continue to support runningman. Fighting!!