Chapter 16

Apartment: should we stay?

 

Mrs Hwang knocked on the door, after been told by her son who heard an argument and fighting from.next door, she rushes there. The bell had been rung few times but no answer. She almost give up when her husband attempted to open the unlocking door. They stepped 

together inside. No sign of people inside but the house is totally in mess. 

"where is Chun Ae? Where is the maid?" Mrs Hwang start panicking. She continuously pacing around the house.

"i néed to call them" 

******

Meanwhile in Venice, the couple spend their time together in a sweet and romantic way. Gary had make sure that Jihyo enjoys every moment with him. On the day of arrival, they both agree to part themselves from their phone to ensure their quality time spend. But an instict of a mother always there. Jihyo started to feel uneasy when looking at her phone which had been switch off.

"Baby.. Anything? Are you regretting on our agreement earlier?" Gary ask her softly.

"no. I just feel uneasy. Its like something bad gonna happen."

Gary hug Jihyo to his embrace. He tug her hair so he can watch his wife face fully. 

" Maybe we miss him already. You know that's why parents don't go vacation for a longer period. Oh..i feel sad now. Usually at this time, i play with him at my studio."

Jihyo laugh to his words. She  his chest lightly.

" what is he doing now?" 

" Do you want to find out?" he already reaches his phone

Jihyo shook her head, staring at his phone.

"i'm afraid i will cry and spoil our trip. Never mind honey, i had made my promise to you. Its our time now." Jihyo said in seducing way. She traces Gary's lip using her finger.

" You know you are y in your own way. Although i had slept with many women out there but i never get bored with you. You are so special and make i want you 

every now and then." Gary reply with a grin on his face.

"Really? So now i'm better than those women? Good job Jihyo..good job." Jihyo patted her own shoulder in a proud way.

"the one and only i will love to eternity." said Gary before plants a long kiss on Jihyo 's lips.

****

2nd July 2014

 

Gil brought Mrs Kang to the apartment. They met with Hwang couple, Hyorin and Cheon Soo there. All of them are searching for Chun Ae as Mr Hwang unable to contact neither Gary nor Jihyo. Luckily Jihyo had left emergency contact number with Mrs Hwang.

"What happened?" ask Mrs Kang soon after she take a seat on the couch.

" We cannot trace him..Chun Ae. Since 3days ago me and my husband try to search for him. And now we cannot contact Gary also." said Mrs Hwang.

"how about you guys? Any response from them so far?" Gil asks both Hyorin and cheon Soo. Hyorin shook her head. Her face clearly shows worried expression. 

"Have you trace the hotel they stay in venice? For sure gary had left something." ask Cheon soo.

" I look into his notebook this whole day. There are few hotels but none had customer registered on his name. I'm afraid he change to another hotel last minute. Aishh..he always forgot to left any information when he goes oversea."

While they are discussing, MinJung appears at the door. He is sweating and breathing heavily.

"Min jung ah..why are you like this?" Mrs kang asks him in her soft voice. 

"The police called me just now..they..they..they found Yoori's body.." Min jung seems still shocked with the news he had received.

"WHAT?! She is your wife right? So why are you still here? Go..go to the police.."

" Actually we had separate life now..i.. I..just want to find out if she had contact with any of us before she met with the accident. My staff said the last time she was seen is on the day Chun Ae went missing." 

"Oh!" suddenly Hyorin gasped at her word. Everyone in the house stare at her.

"Yoori went to look for me day after Jihyo went to Venice. She was looking for her apparently and i told her everything. Did she came here and took Chun Ae?"

"No..no..it cannot be! She didn't take my Chun Ae! Please, help me. Find my grandson.."Mrs Kang is holding her chest tightly. Her cries made Hyorin had to comfort her by her side.

"Police and forensic teams still investigating at the site of accident. They will inform me once they done with that. Now..we need to trace Chun Ae." said Min Jung. 

"Did any of you ever see this maid?" ask Gil but all of them shook their head.

"Gary and Jihyo will be back tomorrow so for the time being we will wait for the police."

Everyone was feeling miserable as they cannot give any answer to comfort themselves. They also cannot imagine how both Gary and Jihyo will react once they was told about this news. And they also does not notice few secrets and mystery will be reveal soon.

****

3rd July 2014 

Jihyo scroll through her phone once they touch down at Incheon International Airport. Gary was busy looks up on their luggages. 

"Honey..there is so many missed call and texts from Omma, Gil, Hyorin and oh Min Jung oppa also."

"Is there anything that we should know?" Ask Gary who still busy unloading their luggage into the taxi. But only silent as her response. He glanced to his wife soon 

after they boarding the taxi. Jihyo seem in shock and unable to utter any words now. Gary took her phone and read the latest text in her inbox.

From Min Jung oppa (3/7/2014):

Jihyo ah..everyone is looking for you guys. Its about Chun Ae. Come home IMMEDIATELY!

"Ahjussi..can you drive faster? We had an emergency now." Gary tried to be as calm as poasible but after reading the text, his heart is jumping fast also.  Jihyo who.

still kept silent beside him slowly burst into tears.

****

Gil and Min Jung were there in the living room. They waiting for the couple arrival. Jihyo becane restless when there is no sign of his son around. She quickly took a 

seat beside Min Jung and listen carefully to him for the next 15 minutes.

" Jihyo ah..." Gary come to her side after Min Jung finished his talk. Amazingly Jihyo just kept quiet but her eyes already full of tears. 

" My instict was right..there is something gonna happen to him. I'm a bad mother, i should look after him but i plainly trust stranger to watch him." She kept blaming 

herself.

"No..no..its my fault. If i agree to bring him together, this thing will not happen." Gary hugs Jihyo into his embrace.

"Stop blaming each other. We should start our see search for now. The police just call me. They had found Yoori's car which is severely damage and quite far away 

from where her body was found." 

"Gary ah, maybe we should ask the security about CCTV recording on specific date." suggest Gil. Although Gary had ask Jihyo to rest at home but she insists to join 

them instead.

After been recognized by the security and assisted by police team, they are now looking for the footage from cctv. There is no clue from earlier hour until a familiar

 figure was seen in the elevator.

"Is that Yoori?" ask Gary.

"So she really came here on that day. Can you forward the footage?" ask min Jung.

"She was going to level 12. There.." one of the security shows the label on one of the monitor. They watches the video and it was clearly that Yoori enter the house. 

About 30minutes later, she came out holding a child in her arms. She was rushing towards the elevator and kept looking at her back.

"She took Chun Ae! She took him!" Gary who is focusing on the footage points the police to the monitor.

"So it was a kidnapped case. But where is this kid? Oh..who is that?" the police who is about to make a conclusion looks towards the monitor. Everyone is looking to a lady figure who suddenly appeared in the elevator and follows Yoori towards the outside building.

"Bo Young?" "Eugene?" both Jihyo and Min Jung said at the same time. 

"Eugene? Oppa, you know her?" now Jihyo's face start to became pale. Min Jung nodded his head. He still cannot believe what he just watches.

"Who is she? Why you let her disturb the previous tenants?" Gary ask impatiently.

"what? What do you mean by that? I don't know anything about the disturbance before. She..she is my sister i told you guys before. She is missing until now."

"Oppa..if this is your Eugene, then you should know one thing. She is the reason why the previous tenant choose not to stay in this house. She is here but you cannot see her.." Jihyo looks at min Jung's eyes but before she able to finish her words, Gary cut it off.

"She is dead! Her spirit is there in that house. She still had unsettle matters that cause her to trap in between our world."

"Is..it..true..? Why no one ever said to me about this? For years i'm looking for her..and today..you told me it is a waste?" Now Min Jung turn to cry. He was.sobbed at the corner of the room and occasionally hit the wall. Jihyo came to him and hugged him from the back to give him the comfort.

"I failed to protect her. I failed as a brother..Jihyo, Gary ah, we must find Chun Ae and i just hope he is safe. If by any reason, he is with Eugene, i hope she will not 

harm your son. I know her, revenge is not a solution for her."

They left the room after given few statements to the policeman. 

They are now heading to where Yoori's car was found. An evidence had to be search in order to ensure that Chun Ae is not in that car before the accident happened.

***

Gary came to Jihyo's side who.is now.watching the forensic team searching for the evidence from far. He holds her waist towards him.

"Aren't you tired?" he ask her softly.

"Honey, is he still alive? I can't stop blaming myself until he is found." Jihyo rested her head on Gary's shoulder.

"i believe he is fine. He is strong and smart boy like you. We can find him. And please..stop blaming yourself. We should.be strong here...for Chun Ae." 

"What if they cannot find anything here? Is that supposed to be good.or bad news?"

Gary gives a long sigh as a reply. He cannot answer it as he also worried about the outcome. If they really find something here then it will be high possibility that their son involved in the accident but if they cannot find anything, then he is just missing without trace.

" i can't believe the Eugene that we scared is Bo Young. But why she came for Chun Ae? What he had done? He just a small kid..he cannot do anything..." Jihyo 

starts to sob again.

"Is she asking us to.look for her? Is she pointing us to something?" said Gary. They continue watching aimlessly to the.front.

"Honey! I think i got a solution..but it is a bit risky," suddenly Jihyo jumped out from the embrace.

"what is it?"

"But you must help me. We must gather the others and..." Jihyo whispered something to his ear.

"what?! Are you serious?" 

 

 

P/s: so the next chapter will let we see how Jihyo will be the mastermind in this years of mystery. The Ace and meeting of all.characters.