Chapter 5

Apartment: should we stay?

17th may 2012

"JongKook Hyung! Here...palli.."Haha stand in front of the door of the apartment. As his elder brother more muscular than him, he had to carry most of the things.
"M12-6..here the key. KwangSoo ah, help hyung," JongKook read the partition on the door.
"Wahh.."all three of them amused once entering the house. The furniture still look new and well arranged.
"The rental should be higher than we paid. must be Sukjin hyung helped us."
"Why that hyung really want us to stay here?" The question Haha kept since yesterday.
"He need our help..."KwangSoo told the story

Flashback
"Really Hyung? Where is the apartment?" KwangSoo sat next to him awaiting for the answer.
As Sukjin smile and nodded, he told them, "i live there almost 5months only. I kept my memory there."
"You live alone?"ask Jongkook
"I separated from my wife, so its the place that witnessed all mytears and my down time. The place that show the real me, helpless guy who lost his happy time somewhere. Who can't stand on his own feet even at this age.." He gave a long sigh before continue his talking.
"But there is something in the house that give me the courage, the spirit to move forward. It is the good memory in the house. However...i can't repay this good memory, i can't continue to live there...with my condition now" Sukjin stare at both his legs.
"I know she is waiting for me there. Waiting for a help.."
"Hyung, how come you left your girlfriend there? And you want us to take care of her? What do you think of us?! You..you had your nice and kind wife to take care of you. And even after the accident you still fond of her?!" KwangSoo felt irritated with this man. He thought Sukjin is a bad guy before the incident.
"Dont talk like you know evrything! She is not my girlfriend. Not even my mistress.." Sukjin grabbed Kwangsoo's collar near his face before slowly release the grip as he noted Kwangsoo nauseated looking.
"She is not what you guys think. But don't worry, she does not live there,"
"Hyung, is sound mystery to me. What you want us to do actually?" Jongkook calmed Sukjin
"You need to help her. At least you guys can let me live in peace. I don't want those nightmare anymore."
"But how? You just said she does not live there. So where is she? Kwangsoo started to feel annoyed.
"She's does not live there doesn't mean she is not there."
Both Kwangsoo and Jongkook stared each other. They just take the deal as they think this old man is just talking nonsense. From the medical notes of Sukjin, Kwangsoo learned that he had some sort of hallucination after the accident which made him under psychiatry medication. So to him, is just handling with another mental illness patient.

End of flashback

"So..you actually use up his illness? Hahaha.." Haha laugh up soon after hearing the story.
"Not really use him up, just took the advantages. Hehehe," now both of KwangSoo and Haha laugh hysterically.
"Yah..you both! How could you guys play around with that hyung? He is sick and helpless" JongKook just watch his two little brother who now continue to make fun of the nonsense story given by Sukjin.
"This is my first time to show my talent in acting. He really thought i can help him. And you what..JongKook hyung..JongKook hyung is the most talented. Hahaha.." KwangSoo continue to make joke with Haha.
"Ouch!" Both KwangSoo and Haha screamed in pain after been hit by their brother. They automatically stop teasing Sukjin.
"Now both of you stop make fun of others and help me clean all of this!" JongKook gave his order.
Haha and KwangSoo soon arranging their things which they able to take from their parents home. JongKook was putting their parents picture at living room and pray, " Amma, Appa..please protect us. Let us have a happy life."
"KwangSoo ah, hyung had decided. You took the second room alone as you need to study." Haha nodded to JongKook order.
"Thanks hyung. I'll do my best for final!" KwangSoo then move his thing to the room.

*****************************************************************************************
20th May 2012

Haha been called by his boss. He need someone to drive him to a place. As Haha quite free that morning, he willingly follow his boss. Once he parked the car, his boss ask him to stay in the car while he going to pay visit to someone inside. Its only Haha able to look around the place from inside the car. Its the first time he come there.
"Psychiatry Unit? Who is in there?" the place is secluded from others. It is located on hilltop about few kilometres from nearby village. Due to high security, Haha unable to see any view inside. He only able to see the gate and the building with no window.
"Haishh..i can feel this place is spooky!" He rubbed his neck to ease himself.
After few minutes, his boss enter the car.
"Mianhe..i make you waiting. Come we go back to our office."
" its okay, Seon Ju ssi. Its my job." Haha then continue to drive.
"Can you take my son from school today? I'll be late."
"Arasso..hmm..Seon Ju ssi, congratulations!"
"Wae?"
"Your wife..she is pregnant right?" Haha stared at his boss through the rear mirror.
"Ahh..yes. Thank you. Hope this one can survive. She had multiple miscarriage before this, i felt sorry for her instead. But i know she is strong."
" yah.. Hee Young also grown up. He need friend also." Seon Ju did not respond to the statement. He looks through the window. Haha just kept quiet as he noticed the change in his boss face. He continue to drive until they reached the office before he pick Hee Young from school.

******************************************************************************************

Kwang Soo reached Sukjin's house earlier today. Hyun Bin is behind him. While they walking they can hear the couple had a fight.
"Oh..not again!" Suddenly Hyun Bin mumbled behind.
"Wae hyung?"
"They always quarreled and thats make our job is not done for today or in other word, it is a waste!"
KwangSoo walk closely to the house, he tried to catch what the couple is fight for.

"Bong Sun ah..don't try to be angel with me! I know you.."
"Oppa, i just want you..at least talk to me. You had a problem. You know that but you don't want to tell me!"
"What problem? My biggest problem is i had to stay here with my ex wife! And nobody know about what she had done at my back" at the same time, sound of shattered glass can be heard.
"So you still remember about that day, huh? Oppa you never give me a chance to explain what exactly happened. And you..instead of accusing me for having an affair, how about you? Why you always shout lady's name in your dream? And you are lucky enough i don't caught you both on the bed?!!"
"You think i gone that far? Listen here...soon...once i can walk, i will leave this house! I don't need your mercy. Stop looking after me."
Few minutes later, the door opened. Kwang Soo was shock as he saw Mrs Ji ran towards the gate with tears. She did not greet both KwangSoo and Hyun Bin.
"So? Are we going inside?" KwangSoo ask his senior before he nodded.

******************************************************************************************
JongKook is sleeping at home. He is doing his night shift at a cafe for three days in row. due to tiredness, he slept with his uniform. It was 11am when all of his brother went to work and college.
'Help me...Help me..'
JongKook opened his eyes. He stared around. He is sleeping on the couch at living room.
"Who is there?" JongKook shout out. After few seconds, still no answer. He continue his sleep.
Pranggg!!!
JongKook get up from his sleep, tried to look the source of the sound.
He came to KwangSoo's room. A frame was lying on the floor. The glass of the frame broken into pieces.
"Haishh...this little kid, he forgot to close the window." jongkook then closed the window as he blame the wind to blew the frame. when he tried to gather the frame, he noticed the picture.
"Whose picture is this? Why KwangSoo kept this?" It is a picture of newlywed couple. He read the notes behind, 'Till death do us apart, Jin Soo and Eugene'
"Who is this?"
He then continue to clean up the floor. Looking at the picture remind him to someone.

Flashback

"Oppa, are you sure?" Jongkook nodded his head with a smile.
"So, did you brother knew about this?" She shows him the engagement ring. Jongkook nodded again. Eventhough they are dating for few years but he still shy to do any romantic moment with her. Few minutes ago, he just proposed to his long time girlfriend. As expected, she accepted it. She always being a good support to him during his good and bad time. She also share the burden with him to lead his family.
"Eun Hye ah, i want to see your parents." JongKook hold her hand.
"Arasso oppa..they know you already."
While meeting her parent, its just like other meeting. As he was known to his family, they are agree for the marriage.
Until a month before the marriage...
"KwangSoo ah, have you see my account book?" jongkook ask his brother while he continue searching. He was about to draw the money today as he had free time before his shift time started. He save quite a lot for the wedding as he don't want to make his brother suffer after the marriage. He kept another account for his brother's saving.
" no hyung. I just came home. Oh eun hye noona come just now is it?"
"Eun hye? I didn't see her?" JongKook felt something weird.
" i saw her downstair.." Just before KwangSoo finished his word, JongKook already ran out to the door. he suspected his fiancee who took his account book and the worse is the both account book that missing. He don't want her to take the brother's account.
"Where are Eun Hye?" JongKook mumbling while he tried to call his fiancee but can't get through.
Suddenly he saw Haha ran to him. His face in shock.
"Hyung..hyung..eun hye noona..she..she.." Haha breathed heavily. He gasped for air after a long run.
"Where is she?"
"There..." Haha pointed to a group of people on the road. JongKook sensed someting bad. He ran to the scene. Once he able to squeezed among the crowd, he saw a body..lying on the road. Here she is, with blood spilling from the face and head. She is lying flat, not breathing. JongKook tried to hold his tears and not far from her hand, there is the account book. She having it.
"Eun hye!!!" JongKook screamed all of his effort tried to reach for her hand but stopped by public.

End of flashback

"Its 2 years.. 2years already Eun Hye. Why oppa can't forget you? Even after you take my money?How could you this to oppa?" JongKook cried alone. Since EunHye died from accident 2 years ago, he will cry alone when his brothers not at home. He don't want them to see a weak side of him. He still can't accept the death of his fiancee while he still curious on why her fiancee took the account book.